Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 PM #1
CarbineKid

Remote questions/advice sought

Hi guys. I'm in the process of buying a remote line. I have looked around but there doesn't seem to be a FAQ or any real info on coiled remotes. I'm curious as to if remotes are all the same...or if theres a real difference between brands(PMI Ninja etc)? I know what a quick disconnect is, but what exactly is a slide check.
CarbineKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2009, 01:01 PM #2
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slide check allows you to slide the check value back and this seals the air behind the value and releases the pressure infront of the value. This works great because between games your can take your gun off the remote without having to depressurize the entire system. Once you are ready to play again attach the marker and slide the check valve forward and it will then pass the air to the gun.

At the end of the day turn off your tank on your back slide the check valve back and forth to release the pressure in the lines and your done.

Its a must have feature for any remote

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:26 PM #3
CarbineKid

Thanks for the info on the slide check. So are all remotes the same, or is one brand better then the other...err to avoid a vs thread which brands do you recommend?
CarbineKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:01 PM #4
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

has been a member for 10 years
Id recommend a Pure Energy (PMI/KEE) remote line.
If you can find one with the slide check installed...all the better, since theirs takes simple bottle O-rings in case you ever need to replace one.
Mr Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 PM #5
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

I have a Ninja one with Slide Check and it's great. I like it much better than the pure engergy one I used to have that was without the slide.