Advertisement
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM #65
the other one
World Peace

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
thats exactly what im talking about. being in the military isnt for everyone, you dont have to disrespect what they do. yeah, he did all that just so some crazy terrorist or someone else doesnt come to the US and blow the **** out of your face. have a little respect.

While I appreciate your concern, I should let you in on something (since you're new to the forum, and I don't feel like trolling you).

The "dodgy" () smiley thing is used on this forum to denote sarcasm. Usually, someone will post an outrageous claim, and then follow it up with the dodgy, letting everyone know that they're being extremely sarcastic.

So, with that in mind.... re-read my last post. think about it.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:00 AM #66
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post

While I appreciate your concern, I should let you in on something (since you're new to the forum, and I don't feel like trolling you).

The "dodgy" () smiley thing is used on this forum to denote sarcasm. Usually, someone will post an outrageous claim, and then follow it up with the dodgy, letting everyone know that they're being extremely sarcastic.

So, with that in mind.... re-read my last post. think about it.
im sorry that being new to a forum automatically makes you think im an idiot, sorry, pbn is not my life. and i got the sarcasm, which is why you were being disrespectful
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:09 AM #67
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante supports Team VICIOUS
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
Well being a Jarhead myself, I gotta go with the MARPAT.

The only way I've found the ACU to be effective as a camoflauge is if you are laying in a big pile of ACU cammies. It might have some effectiveness in a "mountainous" environment maybe, but I doubt it.

Personally, when LL5 rolls around, I'll be rocking a set of MARPAT trousers (woodland) and a PB Jersey!
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM #68
SeanAllen
tacticool

I use Multicam, I've seen ACUs used frequently here in the midwest (wisconsin). I'm considering on buying a marpat set, but since I'm cheap; Id rather just finish piecing together my multicam for when I move back out west.
ACUs in wisconsin: work really good. No joke, had a few guys on my team wearing them as we were assualting a pillbox at the top of a steep hill.
The ground was made up of dead leaves, dead branches. It was in October or September if I remember correctly, but I remember the guys in the ACU were prone, crawling up the hill. The stuff blended in so well with the dead foliage I was pretty thrown off by it since its a desert/urbanish camo. But just over the weekend, at the same field, I seen ACUs completly fail because of the dense green foliage in the summer. I can see ACU being the dope **** out in the desert though!

TL;DR : ACUs work awesome in the fall in the midwest because of the dead foliage. They blow in the summer due to dense green.

Multicam: Works awesome in the fall in the midwest. considering how often I was the target of every single marker on the field last weekend, Ill say it doesn't preform very well in the summer.

Marpat: No idea dude, I would figure it would work amazing in a very shaded area in the summer (like a deep woods which I play in often) , but as far as open field, it might be too dark.