Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: MARPAT or ACU's. Choose a side-
Marine Corps uniform 12 92.31%
Army combat uniform 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 06:07 PM #43
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybass_20x6 View Post
That would be the chest pockets. The shoulder pockets are buttoned.
My good man;

Good catch, but you're describing the field shirt like in the above pictures. This little puppy is the "combat" shirt. The Army modified and issued the first ones (after the cool-guy types had bought their own) then the Marines copied it, and the Air Force also copied and modified... and managed to completely dick things up like they usually do with gear and "Battle" uniforms.

__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM #44
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
PS

I am not a dick, I just like to be precise.


PPS

Actually, I am a dick. But a competant and somewhat likable dick (or so I'm told) which makes that acceptable.
__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:13 PM #45
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
The Marines Developed digital camo. so i give it to them for innovation.
I like it better also.


cooks? The Marine corps totally has its own cooks i dont know where you got that from. Unless they got rid of them recently
DUDE!

How are ya? It's been forever.
__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:21 PM #46
Graybass_20x6
Captain
 
Graybass_20x6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Holtville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post
My good man;

Good catch, but you're describing the field shirt like in the above pictures. This little puppy is the "combat" shirt. The Army modified and issued the first ones (after the cool-guy types had bought their own) then the Marines copied it, and the Air Force also copied and modified... and managed to completely dick things up like they usually do with gear and "Battle" uniforms.
This is a Marine-issue FROG (Fire Resistant Organizational Gear) shirt, which you state correctly as a "combat" shirt. It is a newer-type of uniform made after complaints of overheating and comfort when wearing armor alongside the standard MCCUU. Other branches also have this variant, which is designed for comfort while wearing armor, as well as added fire resistance due to the prevalence of IEDs.

I'm not familiar first-hand with this type of shirt (other than knock-offs, this combat shirt is not available to the public due to its fire-resistant and combat-sensitive nature), I wouldn't doubt that this variant has velcro shoulders.
__________________
Captain of the A-Team.
Tippmann A-5 SOPMOD
Spyder MR2A1
Spyder Xtra Psycho Special
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Graybass_20x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:27 PM #47
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
Ok. There's one hanging in my locker at work. Except for the pattern and the "Army Strong" on the chest, it's exactly the same as the ACU one and the original green and tan ones from Crye that I was issued like 3 years ago before any branch had officially adopted it.
__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 PM #48
Graybass_20x6
Captain
 
Graybass_20x6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Holtville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post
Ok. There's one hanging in my locker at work. Except for the pattern and the "Army Strong" on the chest, it's exactly the same as the ACU one and the original green and tan ones from Crye that I was issued like 3 years ago before any branch had officially adopted it.
I'm not familiar on which branch issued it first, so I'll take your word for it. Didn't know Crye manufactured them, either.
__________________
Captain of the A-Team.
Tippmann A-5 SOPMOD
Spyder MR2A1
Spyder Xtra Psycho Special
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Graybass_20x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:42 PM #49
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
Crye came up with the shirt in like 02 but nobody wanted it, then it started catching on and like everything else the SOF side adopts, everyone else followed. The Army just happened to crank out the funds first and the desire to look cool.


My buds make fun of me because I actually keep up and up with gear developments instead of just wearing whatev like a "REAL MAN!! GRR!"
__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:38 PM #50
Graybass_20x6
Captain
 
Graybass_20x6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Holtville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post
Crye came up with the shirt in like 02 but nobody wanted it, then it started catching on and like everything else the SOF side adopts, everyone else followed. The Army just happened to crank out the funds first and the desire to look cool.


My buds make fun of me because I actually keep up and up with gear developments instead of just wearing whatev like a "REAL MAN!! GRR!"
I don't blame you. I like to keep up on gear myself, lest I look outdated on the field. Looking updated seems to keep me looking unique, as standard BDUs in most games I attend are of the standard, easy to spot and shoot woodland variety.
__________________
Captain of the A-Team.
Tippmann A-5 SOPMOD
Spyder MR2A1
Spyder Xtra Psycho Special
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Graybass_20x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM #51
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marq6Tech View Post
You wanna fuсking bet? 0311, to the fuсking bone. I went to MCRD for boot, I was Delta in SOI, and I've done two deployments with B 1/24 out of Saginaw, MI. Here's my myspace. Go through my pictures, and tell me that I'm a fuсking pog again.
easy, motard. You're just a reservist, bro... calm down. Eventually, you'll grow up to realize that the POG/Grunt thing is retarded.


On Topic:

The marpat frog suit is bomb.... it's super comfy to wear, and has small improvements over the normal cammies. If anyone can get a pair of those, they'd make great paintball clothes.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:43 PM #52
Graybass_20x6
Captain
 
Graybass_20x6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Holtville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
The marpat frog suit is bomb.... it's super comfy to wear, and has small improvements over the normal cammies. If anyone can get a pair of those, they'd make great paintball clothes.
I've tried to obtain such a uniform. The real field-issue stuff is rather expensive (Example #1 and Example #2) and is not for sale to civilians. I'm not one to use knock-offs.

eBay does have a wealth of FROG-type combat shirts and pants if you're looking for something similar.
__________________
Captain of the A-Team.
Tippmann A-5 SOPMOD
Spyder MR2A1
Spyder Xtra Psycho Special
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Graybass_20x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:59 AM #53
starkc
ver d.3.1.0
 
starkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Under a Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
easy, motard. You're just a reservist, bro... calm down. Eventually, you'll grow up to realize that the POG/Grunt thing is retarded.


On Topic:

The marpat frog suit is bomb.... it's super comfy to wear, and has small improvements over the normal cammies. If anyone can get a pair of those, they'd make great paintball clothes.
"Just a reservist"? I think we just found tool numero dos!
__________________
You may be thinking, "well that wasn't a very nice post"
Well, I'm not a very nice person.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
starkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 PM #54
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post
"Just a reservist"? I think we just found tool numero dos!
Context, brother.
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 PM #55
Iguana Sanchez
 
 
Iguana Sanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Some useful info here.
Iguana Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:53 PM #56
Rome494
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Ok who ever said that marines have corps man aren't that informed they are navy corps man but ask any combat infantry or combat oriented marine and he will tell you touch or make fun of their squid and you will find what friendly fire means
Rome494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM #57
scoutsout132
 
 
scoutsout132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
scoutsout132 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
scoutsout132 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
scoutsout132 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
acus only blend in with rocks
scoutsout132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM #58
hd@
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Marpat seems to work better for me in the woods.
hd@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:51 PM #59
robot0ninja
 
 
robot0ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
not to be a necro or anything, but i find it very disturbing the outright disrespect many of you had for people who have served in the military. seriously guys? at least marq6tech has done something for his country, what have you guys done? argued on forums and played dress up at paintball fields. and to make this legit, i found that marpat is too dark in wisconsin which is why i use acus. the field i play it, it blends in perfectly because we have these tall tan grasses misxed with green brush, it works surprisingly well
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:14 PM #60
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat
 
rammstein_5v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: stl
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
not to be a necro or anything, but i find it very disturbing the outright disrespect many of you had for people who have served in the military. seriously guys? at least marq6tech has done something for his country, what have you guys done? argued on forums and played dress up at paintball fields. and to make this legit, i found that marpat is too dark in wisconsin which is why i use acus. the field i play it, it blends in perfectly because we have these tall tan grasses misxed with green brush, it works surprisingly well
I'm in the army.

What does camo have to do with being disrespectful.

I find multi-cam suits my needs, or realtree.
__________________
Cavalry

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
rammstein_5v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 PM #61
robot0ninja
 
 
robot0ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammstein_5v2 View Post
I'm in the army.

What does camo have to do with being disrespectful.

I find multi-cam suits my needs, or realtree.
i was talking about everyone calling marq6tech a fake military personal, scrub, etc. they were being very disrespectful for what he has done for this country.
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 PM #62
the other one
World Peace
 
the other one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Yes.
 has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
not to be a necro or anything, but i find it very disturbing the outright disrespect many of you had for people who have served in the military. seriously guys? at least marq6tech has done something for his country, what have you guys done? argued on forums and played dress up at paintball fields. and to make this legit, i found that marpat is too dark in wisconsin which is why i use acus. the field i play it, it blends in perfectly because we have these tall tan grasses misxed with green brush, it works surprisingly well
You know what.... you're absolutely right. I'm just jealous of marq6's military service, since I have none. none at all. no deployments to iraq or afghanistan, never been shot at, never cleared buildings, never been on hundreds of patrols, never had friends die, never had humvees explode in front of me, and I don't have a hashmark on my sleeves.


....oh... wait....
__________________
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 AM #63
robot0ninja
 
 
robot0ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
You know what.... you're absolutely right. I'm just jealous of marq6's military service, since I have none. none at all. no deployments to iraq or afghanistan, never been shot at, never cleared buildings, never been on hundreds of patrols, never had friends die, never had humvees explode in front of me, and I don't have a hashmark on my sleeves.


....oh... wait....
thats exactly what im talking about. being in the military isnt for everyone, you dont have to disrespect what they do. yeah, he did all that just so some crazy terrorist or someone else doesnt come to the US and blow the **** out of your face. have a little respect.
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump