PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 PM #1
chris007

chris007 is playing at Living Legends III
no one is seeing a point to .50 cal

The point is WIPEING. The is a few dishonest peaple out there. Say a noob start to play and he has a .50 cal marker and shoots and hits and the player that he hit wipes. Now you have the noob mad and wanting to sell and getting out of the sport. This is the way i see it
chris007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2009, 06:57 PM #2
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
There aren't 1000000x other threads on this, that have pointed this out already.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 PM #3
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris007 View Post
The point is WIPEING. The is a few dishonest peaple out there. Say a noob start to play and he has a .50 cal marker and shoots and hits and the player that he hit wipes. Now you have the noob mad and wanting to sell and getting out of the sport. This is the way i see it
you havent seen the size of the .50 marks either...
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 PM #4
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris007 View Post
This happens with .68 already, so what's the difference?

If you're talking about a game with noobs playing, at most fields you're also probably talking about a game with 20+ players per team and 1, maybe two refs. Under these conditions, you could use 2.0 caliber paintballs and it would still be easy as hell to wipe. It's pretty much the honor system or nothing.

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:20 PM #5
jerseypb29

jerseypb29 plays in the PSP
jerseypb29 helped look for balloons
jerseypb29 plays in the APPA D5 division
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePFytcdYfw
pay attention to the part where he says there is a very small difference between the size of a hit caused by a .68 cal paintball and a .50 cal paintball.
jerseypb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 PM #6
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseypb29 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePFytcdYfw
pay attention to the part where he says there is a very small difference between the size of a hit caused by a .68 cal paintball and a .50 cal paintball.
Or just watch this video which actually shows it.

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 PM #7
Phat316Killer207

Phat316Killer207 plays in the APPA D5 division
Phat316Killer207 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Point IS More money from The companys. They dont care what we think. They only care about paying the bills...

SAW it at cup still on the wall about few thinks ill see.

Last edited by Phat316Killer207 : 10-10-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Phat316Killer207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM #8
TheSpy11
I see you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Uh, you mean the video that confirms the sizable difference?
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 PM #9
Fox
www.purepwnage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat316Killer207 View Post
The Point IS More money from The companys. They dont care what we think. They only care about paying the bills. I wont buy any .50 gear. If they stop making .68 Then I'm done.
Give me one reason right now why paintball companies making money is a bad thing.

VIRTUE
Feedback
1UP ARMY

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 PM #10
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy

NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post

all they did was bore match and used over sized barrels on the .68s i can shoot 20 feet away with my nxt, bore matched if i don't move it almost ball on ball

TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM #11
TheSpy11
I see you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Give me one reason right now why paintball companies making money is a bad thing.
The point isn't making money. It's about HOW they make money. This .50 caliber deal looks a lot like when manufactures each had to have their own barrel thread. In the end it didn't do anybody any good.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 PM #12
Fox
www.purepwnage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy11 View Post
The point isn't making money. It's about HOW they make money. This .50 caliber deal looks a lot like when manufactures each had to have their own barrel thread. In the end it didn't do anybody any good.
There are talks that companies will make a universal .50 barrel thread. So please use a different example.

VIRTUE
Feedback
1UP ARMY

Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 PM #13
TheSpy11
I see you...

Quote:
There are talks that companies will make a universal .50 barrel thread. So please use a different example.
Are you kidding me?! You asked for a reason why companies making money is a bad thing. First, that's flawed since nobody is directly saying that them making money is a bad thing. It's implied that the method of said profit can be in question. So I gave you a proven example in history, one still plagues us today, of why the drive for profit can end up negatively for the consumer. It's no wonder there's talk of a universal barrel thread, but the damage has already been done.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 PM #14
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
How about this one. .50 cal is smaller and more accurate. So in order for people and teams to stay competitive they have to upgrade forcing them to buy all new gear. Not a good idea when the job market is non-existent and people don't have money. If pb manufacturers want to do this then they should wait till the markets bounce back and become more financially stable so it doesn't affect people as much.

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 PM #15
b_schiffer

b_schiffer supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
How about this one. .50 cal is smaller and more accurate. So in order for people and teams to stay competitive they have to upgrade forcing them to buy all new gear. Not a good idea when the job market is non-existent and people don't have money. If pb manufacturers want to do this then they should wait till the markets bounce back and become more financially stable so it doesn't affect people as much.
shakey! long time no see!!!!!

and dawt to your statement!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 PM #16
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Sup dawg.

They should make .69 caliber if they must to change it. Bigger is better.

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 PM #17
shredxcam

50 cal hits wont count

only 68
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 PM #18
Fox
www.purepwnage.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy11 View Post
Are you kidding me?! You asked for a reason why companies making money is a bad thing. First, that's flawed since nobody is directly saying that them making money is a bad thing. It's implied that the method of said profit can be in question. So I gave you a proven example in history, one still plagues us today, of why the drive for profit can end up negatively for the consumer. It's no wonder there's talk of a universal barrel thread, but the damage has already been done.
Actually, I can quote hundreds of posts saying them (companies) making money is a bad thing. None of of their posts go beyond that statement.

If my company was in a slump, and the entire market is in a slump, I need a plan to bring in income. I need a plan to bring in profits. This entire conversion is that plan, its potential for a solution is all there. You fail to read up on the motives they have on producing the new ball. Yes it's for profits, yes they want your money, yes they will make a lot of it, and I'm sitting here telling you HOW they will make their profits is justified according to the horrible market we're in right now. When have you seen a paint company acknowledge the fact that they KNOW paint prices are too high? When have you seen a paint company state they will do something about that exact problem? This makes me think that even though they are driving for profits; they are acknowledging a current problem, and have plans to help rectify the problem. I don't think waiting for us to get out of this recession is the solution. That's not going to lower my weekly costs as a player even when the recession is over. If we do nothing, paintball is only going to keep declining. If we do something, we have a chance to jump start the entire sport/industry.

VIRTUE
Feedback
1UP ARMY

Old 10-08-2009, 11:29 PM #19
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
OMG actually one if the firsts staements that i actually completely agree with AND that has sense . to you.

That is the key to life."
Karnivor'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:23 AM #20
jerseypb29

jerseypb29 plays in the PSP
jerseypb29 helped look for balloons
jerseypb29 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
You could say that about any piece of gear though, the people with the 2010 guns have an advantage over the others that dont. For example thats like saying because dxl released the luxe or dye released the nt or eclipse released the 2010 sl model they forced everyone to buy one so they could compete on the same level as people who can afford to buy them.
jerseypb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52 AM #21
jake55
:dodgy?:

Quote:
So when electronic guns came around they should have banned them because to be competitive you have to buy the electronic gun?

The wipe size will still be very clear and easy to see - it will not be any easier to wipe unless your hand is smaller then the splatter of a .68 ball(which it's not). They both take one swipe of the hand.
jake55 is offline   Reply With Quote