PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2009, 09:56 AM #1
cadencewildbeast

cadencewildbeast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
.50 Cal Hoppers

Now I havenít read allot into this and I plan to later, but hereís my problem. I have a new 09 ego that I bought for a lot of money and I have a Pinokio hopper that I just bought about a year and half ago. Thatís allot of money that I spent getting geared up. Now if everyone get forced into .50 that going to cost people even more money. Yes I have seen the conversion kits for the EGO, and yes if I am forced to shoot .50 that would work for me, but Iím sure that kits not going to be free .

Hereís my big question though, how are hoppers gonna be converted to shoot .50? I have had an egg, Halo, and Pinokio hoppers and I canít see how any of the 3 would work with .50. The rotor is another one, I donít have a rotor but know the basic principal there. As fast as that spins putting a smaller ball in there sounds like a disaster to me.

Is everyone going to have to get a new hopper after most just spent 150 on their rotors, or maybe on conversion kit for it to deal with .50? I donít see the big advantage of .50 over the cost of converting someone gear to .50 or replacing it to be able to shoot .50.

Anyone else have this concern or any ideas on how to get around the cost and difficulties that I am seeing???
Always Lookin 4 Game Time
cadencewildbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM #2
acuratech

acuratech owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Haven't looked at a pinokio but a halo type, vlocity, and rotor drive system would be fairly easy. For the halo and vlo, make a smaller id neck on the cup and make anew paddle wheel. Done and done. Rotor would have to buy two pieces inside of their drive system the red center piece and the upper black arm/ring. Oh and an insert for the lower part of the shell that goes into the feedneck. Fixed. Mechanically this should work, but I don't know how It would fair with speed and tension.
acuratech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 AM #3
cadencewildbeast

I see what you saying and agree with it, but yet that more stuff you would have to buy to keep playing if .68 is done away with. Pinokio is basically the same as an egg inside FYI. My point was a rotor and Pinokio are 150 or close to it. Now everyone I have seen lately has bought a rotor and that’s 150 now in a year or two maybe sooner spending who knows what on replacing part of what I still consider relatively new. Also im sure that there would be a transition period when maybe one place you shoot .50 and the next .68. That would be fun to swap parts every other week.

Last edited by cadencewildbeast : 10-08-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:25 AM #4
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
shark6428 posts videos on PbNation
The way I see it, the existing hoppers don't have to change their design by much if at all. I can see the Rotor as being capable of using .50 without modification. Others, like the Halo-style loaders will likely have to swap the plastic raceways and such to have a smaller feed area to catch the paint better. In effect, an existing hopper could run .50 without any change, it's just a matter of how efficient and gentle it can be.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 PM #5
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadencewildbeast View Post
Now if everyone get forced into .50 that going to cost people even more money. Yes I have seen the conversion kits for the EGO, and yes if I am forced to shoot .50 that would work for me, but Iím sure that kits not going to be free .
can someone show me where the **** they said that we'd be FORCED to shoot 50cal?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM #6
Freestylin599
Original Paintball Pimp

Freestylin599 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuratech View Post
Haven't looked at a pinokio but a halo type, vlocity, and rotor drive system would be fairly easy. For the halo and vlo, make a smaller id neck on the cup and make anew paddle wheel. Done and done. Rotor would have to buy two pieces inside of their drive system the red center piece and the upper black arm/ring. Oh and an insert for the lower part of the shell that goes into the feedneck. Fixed. Mechanically this should work, but I don't know how It would fair with speed and tension.
a new catch cup and raceway makes 50 call a literally 12 dollar thing as new cups are 12 bucks, idk punokio but maybe evan will come out with a new propeller and shell kit for like 20 bucks man dont hate and it will be a long transition like 3 years so that everyone can change over time and get the money it wont be abrupt

idea: for halo and other catch cup ones all they would have to is make the circumference bigger on the paddle thingy filling up more space and i see 3 50 cals between two paddles and a smaller raceway and then its all good ya know man

PBnation: a noun, A place where on any given night you will find 200 paintball enthusiasts and 1600 teenagers calling each other gay.

Last edited by Freestylin599 : 10-08-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Freestylin599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM #7
cadencewildbeast

What I meant by forced is if a field is field paint only and all they carry is .050. Also if paint companies stop making .68 and only make the fifty. And yes I relies that hoppers could be retro fitted just like some of the guns have been but, Iím saying it could get expensive. This is a theoretical situation. Paint manufactures get together and go .50 only. Now you are being forced to shoot that paint. Now the gun makes could make the retro kits for their marker $1000, and if you want to pay your going to have to buy it. Same way with the hopper and so forth. I just stared this thread on a topic that I have not seen yet.