PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 AM #1
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Stop complaining like .50 cal is going to take over .68 - Wow!

It is not .50 cal vs .68 - It's .50 and/or .68. Don't be afraid of having options guys!

I'm getting tired of reading everywhere that everyone is going to quit paintball if .50 cal makes it. Really? Wake up.

.50 is going to be a new OPTION for paintball. Smart Parts, Kingman, GI, Dye, and Planet Eclipse are all prepared to support it. Considering those big-wigs are behind it, it seems like an awful lot of money an effort to drop the idea.

What you guys need to realize is .68 is not going to disappear off the shelves. All you guns whores complaining about not being able to use 1 of the 25 guns you had in the last 6 months; don't worry, you won't have to make the switch if you're that opposed to it. And all you old school players that say "paintball has been fine for 20 years (even though hundreds of new guns and technologies have come out)" you can hang onto your Sheridan XTS and keep playing with .68.

The .50 cal that GI is proposing is going to be a little more than 2000 .68s for 4000 - almost half the price. They are lighter, smaller, and allow more effeciency out of the gun. That's true. The rest that they are claiming: accuracy, equal sized marking, distance, no bounce, etc. (innovations to the last designs) we will have to wait and see. But don't judge it before KNOWING that it's not going to work.

But most importantly, how many of you are so financially secure you can play paintball with a case or two of paint every weekend without thinking about the money? Paintballs are one of the largest expenses at fields for the consumer (you and me). How can you complain about the possibility of a product that will get you on the field and leave more money in your wallet?

Open your minds to the fact that the paintball world may be providing more options AND your gear will not be obsolete! Stop crying and do some research before flaming and posting ignorantly.

Last edited by whiteyg0tgame : 10-08-2009 at 07:37 AM.
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 AM #2
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
im scared of change not jking caz i just spent 1650 on my gun
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 AM #3
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

My post should have addressed that. .68 will not be abolished by .50 so you're $1650 gun will no be a decoration. There is no reason to be scared. It's just like... Gravity hoppers exist, but you use an electro. Just because electros came out does not mean you can't use a gravity. Or just because your Luxe is available doesn't mean someones AutoMag cannot be used anymore.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 AM #4
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

no my point is unless the kit is free for ppl who are still under the 1yr warrenty than ill be fine but if not i guess ill be .68 till im not poor any more
Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 AM #5
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

Well, if a company came out with a new air tank that was lighter, smaller, and higher pressure BUT it used a different regulator thread I don't think DLX would provide free adapter for you since the old style ones were still available.. if you catch my comparison.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM #6
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

kinda or if we give our .68 parts then they give us .50 and then the melt the parts and make new ones so they dont loose
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 AM #7
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

Insert
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 AM #8
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:39 AM #9
KoenBril
Dutch Dude

Soo the main thing is, you don't want it because you can't buy a conversion kit yet. But if they would send it to you for free you would be all over .50 cal?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:43 PM #10
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
How are companies such as gun manufacturers winning with this? If .50 becomes the new primary paintball used why would a gun manufactuer want to invest in that? They dont make paint they arent saving money. All they are doing is spending more money for the probable "free" converision kits for gun. And I know kids are complaning but Im not like. What are all pre 2k5 gun owners supposed to do. I highly doubt conversion kits will ever be seen for their marker. Overall I say for this idea. I really hate how SP still and always will be the company that ruins paintball just to make a few dollars. Those ****ing Gardners are going to rape paintball for all it is until it runs dry then they will move onto a new sport.

my $0.02
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:47 PM #11
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

No one claimed or implied convertion kits would be free. That's one way gun companies will make money. Another way is by releasing guns that are .50 cal. Another way is by attracting more players that couldn't afford it previously.

Smart Parts brought high end guns to consumers for low costs with the Ion and Shocker and I don't know how that is detrimental to the paintball community. They also sponsor a MASSIVE amount of teams and events.

Dye, GI, Smart Parts, Planet Eclipse, and Kingman all have their hand in this pot to date. What do you have to say blindly about those companies as well?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 PM #12
mcnair
Canadian Eh

You have some great points here, im sick of reading all the "oh noes my luxe wont shoot anymore because of .50 call paints!!". I just bought $2000 worth of .68 gear and im not worried at all. I'm still gonna shoot it weather .50 cal catches on or not. maybe ill pick up a cheap one for practice to save some money on paint. Maybe ill get a conversion kit when/if it becomes available. all i know is this is a step in the right direction, not the wrong one. I support this completely.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:01 PM #13
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

That's good to hear! And you know what, I never thought to mention my stand point... I have about 15 guns all .68 - I don't plan on converting to .50 until something nice comes out and when I do finally convert there is a huge chance I'll only be using .50 in the woods and with friends. I am not afraid .68 is going to obsolete, I'm not worried about my guns going to waste, and I am not bashing companies for trying to bring innovation and new ideas to paintball when it's the blood of the game!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM #14
Gsquat
Rashad Evans FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
It is not .50 cal vs .68 - It's .50 and/or .68. Don't be afraid of having options guys!

I'm getting tired of reading everywhere that everyone is going to quit paintball if .50 cal makes it. Really? Wake up.

.50 is going to be a new OPTION for paintball. Smart Parts, Kingman, GI, Dye, and Planet Eclipse are all prepared to support it. Considering those big-wigs are behind it, it seems like an awful lot of money an effort to drop the idea.

What you guys need to realize is .68 is not going to disappear off the shelves. All you guns whores complaining about not being able to use 1 of the 25 guns you had in the last 6 months; don't worry, you won't have to make the switch if you're that opposed to it. And all you old school players that say "paintball has been fine for 20 years (even though hundreds of new guns and technologies have come out)" you can hang onto your Sheridan XTS and keep playing with .68.

The .50 cal that GI is proposing is going to be a little more than 2000 .68s for 4000 - almost half the price. They are lighter, smaller, and allow more effeciency out of the gun. That's true. The rest that they are claiming: accuracy, equal sized marking, distance, no bounce, etc. (innovations to the last designs) we will have to wait and see. But don't judge it before KNOWING that it's not going to work.

But most importantly, how many of you are so financially secure you can play paintball with a case or two of paint every weekend without thinking about the money? Paintballs are one of the largest expenses at fields for the consumer (you and me). How can you complain about the possibility of a product that will get you on the field and leave more money in your wallet?

Open your minds to the fact that the paintball world may be providing more options AND your gear will not be obsolete! Stop crying and do some research before flaming and posting ignorantly.
Wow. Someone else said it. I've been saying this for days. You can still shoot your .68 gun for a long, long time even if .50 is the new standard. Nobody is going to stop making .50 guns or, barrels, or hoppers. If you're having trouble understanding this, leave this forum forever.
Gsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:46 PM #15
Freestylin599
Original Paintball Pimp

Freestylin599 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post

i hope all the good guys quit so i have a chance to make it on ironmen!!!!! lol the kid below this post with the 1650 i'm guessing a sl 94 in which prolly already has a conversion kit in the works

PBnation: a noun, A place where on any given night you will find 200 paintball enthusiasts and 1600 teenagers calling each other gay.
Freestylin599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM #16
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquat View Post
Wow. Someone else said it. I've been saying this for days. You can still shoot your .68 gun for a long, long time even if .50 is the new standard. Nobody is going to stop making .50 guns or, barrels, or hoppers. If you're having trouble understanding this, leave this forum forever.
THANK YOU! I don't understand why they are so stuck on that point. It's like there is a wall not letting it into their brains that .68 is still going to be used Knock that wall out of there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylin599 View Post
i hope all the good guys quit so i have a chance to make it on ironmen!!!!! lol the kid below this post with the 1650 i'm guessing a sl 94 in which prolly already has a conversion kit in the works
Haha, 1 of 5 DLX Luxe is what he says it is which is correlated to Smart Parts and I am sure will have a conversion on its way considering they already have a freak barrel for the .50 it's just a matter of the bolt assembly and feedneck.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 PM #17
a1exweibl

a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
im all for this if a case of .50 comes with 4k balls
Old 10-08-2009, 03:28 PM #18
SpeedBallDEVIL
Certified KEE Technician!

SpeedBallDEVIL donated to help Peyton Trent
SpeedBallDEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpeedBallDEVIL supports Bob Gurnsey
SpeedBallDEVIL supports our troops
SpeedBallDEVIL is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SpeedBallDEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
it all just sounds like another way for companies to make money, sure it will save us money but the initial transfer from .68 to .50 will have companies raking in the cash and thats the whole point. people will want a .68 for certain tournaments and a .50 so they can play those as well.
SpeedBallDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 PM #19
Trix858

Regardless of how many times it's been said before, I think people are missing the point that it isn't so much the tournament ballers with our Egos and Luxes and whatnot that keep this sport alive; we represent but a small fraction of the revenue in the paintball industry.

If the .50 paintballs really are going to cost 30 some odd bucks for a case of 4k, if they are going to shoot accurately, break reliably, and etc, then cool, buy a .50 insert kit for your marker with the money you will be saving on paint and be happy. If you just don't like the idea of .50 paintballs and want to voice your opinion, then do so in an informed and mature manner, and continue to use .68.

Personally, I agree with the OP, if .50 paintballs do shoot well, I am all for spending the same amount of money for twice as many paintballs. Heck, if they are all they are cracked up to be, I'd be willing to pay 40 for a case.

Sorry if this is OT, but as far as the industry goes and the grand scheme of paintball, less expensive paintballs will bring more interest to the sport. This is good for the paintball companies, fields, scenario players, tournament players, etc. I can't count how many times I've invited a friend to go paintballing with me and they were all for it until I told them the paint prices. I'm no business major, but it seems to me that with a bigger customer base, more money will enter the "paintball industry market", more paintball companies will thrive, more companies will emerge, and paintball as a whole will grow and flourish. That is unless of course the .50 doesn't amount to the hype, but we will just have to wait and see.

Paint back in the mid 90's was sold in cases of 2500 for exorbitant retail prices (upwards of 70-100 per case). So, I think that better paint prices are a breath of fresh air. Tournament paintballers will do what they want, but I think that the .50 has potential to attract a larger scenario/recballer base which is what our sport needs to survive.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 PM #20
Panthrprey

Compressed air vs CO2

sure we have access to both but can you run CO2 on very many highend guns? NOPE

if .50 cal is remotely popular then .68 will die quickly (4yrs)

2500 rnd cases in the 1990s were $50-$80 a case generally 2-3 cents a ball retail
Wholesale was around 1.5 cents a ball

I ran paintball of OKC for a couple yrs back in the late 1990s
Panthrprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM #21
rcpbhockeykid

rcpbhockeykid is playing at Living Legends V
rcpbhockeykid owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rcpbhockeykid owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rcpbhockeykid supports Pev's Paintball
rcpbhockeykid has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
this is my $.02 but i think that the .50cal was made more for yhe younger players than any thing. i play woods ball in a friends back yard and the one thing that stops most ofd the people from comming out each week is the price of paint. an example of this is every time me and my brouthers go in to the local pro shop to get supplies for that game we ucualy spend colse to $150 on paint and air.now most of you will say thats what they spend in 1 turni for the weekend but when kids are 10-16 years old thats alot of money.

now i do play .68 turni ball but when i go in the woods i think that .50 cal would be cool because i can shoot lots of paint and not have to worrie about the cost.
rcpbhockeykid is offline   Reply With Quote