PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 AM #1
jake55
:dodgy?:

So lets assume..

That what you hear is true, it will be cheaper(roughly 40% cheaper), shoot as far and more accurate, and tournaments will allow either or.

Would you still be against .50 cal? It's hard to believe anyone here would be against cheaper-more accurate-same distance flying paint that gives very close to the same marking spot at a .68 cal.

Over time people can switch gear, do you think when the first electronic gun came out people were like "OMFG DONT PUT THESE OUT... ALL THE MECHS ARE OBSOLETE"? They were slowly bought into because they were a better product...
jake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2009, 07:37 AM #2
Ii3edus

True words have been spoken..........
Ii3edus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:45 AM #3
Raadio
Arms Dealer

Raadio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake55 View Post
That what you hear is true, it will be cheaper(roughly 40% cheaper), shoot as far and more accurate, and tournaments will allow either or.

Would you still be against .50 cal? It's hard to believe anyone here would be against cheaper-more accurate-same distance flying paint that gives very close to the same marking spot at a .68 cal.

Over time people can switch gear, do you think when the first electronic gun came out people were like "OMFG DONT PUT THESE OUT... ALL THE MECHS ARE OBSOLETE"? They were slowly bought into because they were a better product...

If:

There really IS a gradual progression to 50 cal from leagues and the industry.... (yes, electronic guns made mech obsolete overnight).....if parts and upgrade kits are affordable and available SOON....if the end user dosen't get raped on the paint markup, then ya. I'm all sorts of down. Lighter, faster, cheaper....always good in my book...I just dont want to see the industry leaders get anxious to roll out product and end up screwing the player....not the tourney player or the scenario player...the everyday recball, local field player that bought his gear off ebay or craigslist. the CORE of the paintball community.

We're the minority...I just hope the big dogs remember that.
Raadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM #4
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
ok but is .50 cal safe because i hear pppl saying we need stronger masks so if thats true is it realy safe to get hit by it?
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:14 AM #5
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Think about it ... Kingman already has a .43 that is perfectly safe with current masks. What makes you think the new .50 wont be?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 AM #6
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
.50 cal is safe...
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:02 PM #7
hany24

hany24 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hany24 supports DLX Technology
i say why not? the money we will save in cost of paint would be able to cover the cost of the conversion kits in the first year
hany24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM #8
kill-n-spree
MythicalAngelPumpWeilder

The mech did not become obsolete when the electro came out.That is just a opinion and not a fact.You could still find paint to shoot out of it and it still worked.If the 50 cal catches on and they stop making 68 cal paint then everything you currently own will be obsolete.I can't really see that ever happening.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led ,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra signature series,Rev-i,Angel IR3 Fly,Disco Dust Dark IR3,05 Speed,2K Blazer,Rasta A4 Fly

Angel Army
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 PM #9
Freestylin599
Original Paintball Pimp

Freestylin599 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
The mech did not become obsolete when the electro came out.That is just a opinion and not a fact.You could still find paint to shoot out of it and it still worked.If the 50 cal catches on and they stop making 68 cal paint then everything you currently own will be obsolete.I can't really see that ever happening.
yeah cuz all the spyder and tippy kids who play in the woods(my friends) will be screwed i'm sure rps, draxxus and all other companies will still produce at least one line of paint fo the rec balls we call brothers so i dont see it being a problem

PBnation: a noun, A place where on any given night you will find 200 paintball enthusiasts and 1600 teenagers calling each other gay.
Freestylin599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:48 PM #10
kill-n-spree
MythicalAngelPumpWeilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylin599 View Post
yeah cuz all the spyder and tippy kids who play in the woods(my friends) will be screwed i'm sure rps, draxxus and all other companies will still produce at least one line of paint fo the rec balls we call brothers so i dont see it being a problem
I see you own 2 older Timmies.They are not going to make a conversion kit for those.So if 68 cal goes away you are stuck buying new gear and your current gear will have zero value.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led ,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra signature series,Rev-i,Angel IR3 Fly,Disco Dust Dark IR3,05 Speed,2K Blazer,Rasta A4 Fly

Angel Army
Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 PM #11
Freestylin599
Original Paintball Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
I see you own 2 older Timmies.They are not going to make a conversion kit for those.So if 68 cal goes away you are stuck buying new gear and your current gear will have zero value.
you dont think bob long knows what he's doing he still sells the 2k6's on his site and comapring he can take care of the 2k2/2k5/classic all in one kit and a 2k6 will come out too. believe me when i say he will take care of all his customers take your head out of your ***

PBnation: a noun, A place where on any given night you will find 200 paintball enthusiasts and 1600 teenagers calling each other gay.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:01 PM #12
TheSpy11
I see you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake55 View Post

Possibly, because the "if"s you have there (and they're huge "if"s) aren't the whole picture. Other issues include pain factors and visibility factors (not fill related), to name a couple. Basically everything that's being touted about .50 has to be right for me to jump on board. And since the money-first equipment manufacturers are leading the charge, I have my doubts. Their goal is to make money, and it's been a common practices for decades to produce something new just so people spend more.
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:11 PM #13
kill-n-spree
MythicalAngelPumpWeilder

So do you really think Bob or WDP or any manufacturer is going to go back to the drawing board and design a kit for a gun that they no longer make or support?Bob going to make a kit for the Defiant or Millennium he made, or are they just going to make a kit for Mr.Freestylin?Hell no.If I was a foolish as you I would be happy about this 50 cal stuff.If they made a kit for every gun on the market that would be great.Not going to happen.

Angel Army
Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM #14
Freestylin599
Original Paintball Pimp

even if they werent to make conversion kits the conversion will be gradual and in two or so years if or when 50 cal becomes mainstream i'm ready to buy whatever bob brings out because he runs his company like a family not some corporate bs there are about (not including techs) 5-10 people who arent related to bob, and i ill always support him, so for the sake of it i'm gonna stop arguing to a 15 year old about 50 cal paint

Old 10-08-2009, 02:37 PM #15
kill-n-spree
MythicalAngelPumpWeilder

Haha .If the newest gun you own is a 2k6 your not doing a very good job of supporting Bob Long anyways.

Angel Army
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM #16
Freestylin599
Original Paintball Pimp

i have owned 2 alias besides my current two guns and whenever i need parts or a tech i send it out and pay them cuz they know what they do. i also have 3 bob long hats and countless tees

Old 10-08-2009, 02:51 PM #17
kill-n-spree
MythicalAngelPumpWeilder

It's all good man.I am a Bob fan myself.

Angel Army
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM #18
BiggieSMLS
good gravy

Everything that isn't .50 cal will be worthless and once again only three companies will be involved in paintball

Sad day when the tides turn

Quality Always Shoots Straight
AGD

bOISE sT. bRONCOS
BiggieSMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM #19
outkastmike
Evolution

outkastmike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
outkastmike owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
outkastmike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think there will be a few smaller third party manufacturers out there that will happily design .50cal conversion kits for the older/rarer markers currently on the market,if the big company's decide to ignore there "back catalogue"
Old 10-08-2009, 07:05 PM #20
jake55
:dodgy?:

Quote:
.68 is NOT going to stop being made - therefor it's a relative example. When electro came out people did not try to force it to stop because it was a better product, and you could choose either or.

This is the same situation, a better product(like I said, it's better if we assume there claims are true) has come about... no one should want it gone for any reason.
jake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM #21
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

if we're going to go to 50 why not just go to airsoft pellets? why not just go to first strike type rounds?

why not? because a paintball is 68 caliber just the same as a soccer ball is 28 inches around. it's standardiZed
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote