Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 AM #22
greenvertboy

greenvertboy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
greenvertboy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
greenvertboy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
greenvertboy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic71 View Post
I'm a rational person, If I see/test it myself and it performs better then I would admit it.

Keep in mind, lower calibers have been tried before and they all failed and certain companies in the industry have a long history of BS and hype just to sell product to the unwary agglets. Why are you so gungho about .50, how exactly would it benefit you?
Partly because I want to believe the hype, I want it to be real, and I want those benefits. Because it WILL be less expensive in the long run, and that's NEVER a bad thing. And because in a few years, when the industry takes to this, I can see all kinds of neat ideas coming to life. New guns, new ways of operating, smaller guns.

I'm looking into the future, as I always do, and the future to me SCREAMS .50 cal.

Edit: To the above post. There are FAR more variables involved in it than that. No one currently has the necessary info to properly assess whether they might hurt more or less. It shouldn't matter much anyway. Paintballs can sometimes just plain old ****ing hurt. We're use to it. If these ones hurt more, oh well, if they hurt less....oh well again.

I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do it
So a little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before

Last edited by greenvertboy : 10-08-2009 at 12:39 AM.
greenvertboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:41 AM #23
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvertboy View Post
Partly because I want to believe the hype, I want it to be real, and I want those benefits. Because it WILL be less expensive in the long run, and that's NEVER a bad thing. And because in a few years, when the industry takes to this, I can see all kinds of neat ideas coming to life. New guns, new ways of operating, smaller guns.

I'm looking into the future, as I always do, and the future to me SCREAMS .50 cal.
It would be awesome if the hype was true, shoots further, more accurately and cheaper! Lol, If it was true I would pile onto that band wagon so fast your head would spin. I've been playing since 2001 and to be honest I just love the sport, I haven't done a tournament in several years but I play every chance I get, heck my friends and I even drive 12 hours to go to Oklahoma D-day for a week.

Unfortunately I think this will all turn out to be hype and greed, (from the usual suspects.)
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 AM #24
David5751

David5751 plays in the APPA D5 division
paying more today for a less expensive future would be great
but not in a recession because of the timing I think it is all greed
David5751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 AM #25
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is a Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is playing at Living Legends VI
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
The rationale I am using is the idea in physics that force= mass times velocity. Therefore, as mass goes down, force also goes down, reducing the "hurt". However, throwing a nail into the equation adds the variable of a piercing object, which is far and away from the effect that would be had by a similarly shaped object. I guess a better example than a car would have been a wrecking ball to portray that same idea.
leprechaun8942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:43 AM #26
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvertboy View Post
Paintballs can sometimes just plain old ****ing hurt. We're use to it. If these ones hurt more, oh well, if they hurt less....oh well again.
Its true, there are alot of variables (weight being a huge unanswered one) and pain isn't a big deal to some. But think of this... the sport is having trouble growing as it is... if paintballs hurt more, then it will be even harder to convince new people to play.

New players are very intimidated by things like pain and rate of fire, it is something I see every time that I ref.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 AM #27
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun8942 View Post
The rationale I am using is the idea in physics that force= mass times velocity. Therefore, as mass goes down, force also goes down, reducing the "hurt". However, throwing a nail into the equation adds the variable of a piercing object, which is far and away from the effect that would be had by a similarly shaped object. I guess a better example than a car would have been a wrecking ball to portray that same idea.
Haha, you were the one that tossed a truck into the equation

And I'm assuming that these paintballs that supposedly go farther and more accurate will atleast have a denser/heavier fill which will bring that impact force right back up again.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:47 AM #28
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
Hmm, my understanding of the .50 cal was that it was using the same basic principles of a .68 cal ball, which actually would cause it to fly not as far.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 AM #29
blackmagic71

Quote:
Hmm, my understanding of the .50 cal was that it was using the same basic principles of a .68 cal ball, which actually would cause it to fly not as far.
That was my understang also, which is another reason not to switch to .50 caliber paint. Paintballs as is already do not shoot particularily far in the big scheme of things, go to Oklahoma D-day and try shooting out allied players getting off the boat when you're in the upper trenches on Omaha beach, I certainly wouldnt want anything with shorter range.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 AM #30
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
Well you can't use the argument that it will hurt more because there is something in the paint that is going to make it more forceful and then turn around and say that it isn't going to fly as far....There are going to be cons either way. However, it would be interesting to find out if that variable can be changed by just increasing the velocity used for a 50 cal ball so that it equals the distance and force of a .68 cal ball, and what type of side affects/benefits that would have. Like I said, there are WAY too many things gone unproven for anyone to make any type of judgement on whether or not they are behind a change.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:00 AM #31
flury9

Good stuff guys.
flury9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 AM #32
*xball16
Voice activatied

Well, i've seen you all over the news forums and bit my tongue, but coming here and seeing you one again is sorta getting me mad.
I've been balling since 1989 myself, and seriously...this is nothing new. You shouldn't so threatened by the idea of a .50 ball. So far I see nothing saying the .68 to .50 switch is manditory, .68 isn't going anywere anytime soon. Remeber back to 2005-2006 when Extreme Rage marketed the .50 Black Max?They sold alot (Atleast in my area) I still see them being used, but yet .68 is still the standard size. Lets go back a little further back in history remeber the Crossman 3357 a relativly sucsesful marker of it's day and did it use .68? Negaitve. The Tippmann Smg used .62 and it was wildly succesful, that was the marker of markers back when and look...we're not shooting .62 right now are we? Do you even remeber these guns? sure you have been around the game for 20 years?
.50 is clearly just another way to play just like pump, milsim, and tourny balling. I'm openly embrassing the idea of .50 personaly It's just another way to play it wont kill you to accept somthing new othere then what we have been getting for the last 5 years.

/Rant

Element Paintball: My girlfriend says she loves DP.
*xball16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:06 AM #33
xanthonyx
teh noods they call 4 meh

People who say no to this, shut up and let people think the way they want. you can't stop companys from making products and you can't stop people from buying it, if you don't like it don't buy it. Stop trying to rebel you look ignorant.
xanthonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:09 AM #34
blackmagic71

Quote:
Well you can't use the argument that it will hurt more because there is something in the paint that is going to make it more forceful and then turn around and say that it isn't going to fly as far....There are going to be cons either way. However, it would be interesting to find out if that variable can be changed by just increasing the velocity used for a 50 cal ball so that it equals the distance and force of a .68 cal ball, and what type of side affects/benefits that would have. Like I said, there are WAY too many things gone unproven for anyone to make any type of judgement on whether or not they are behind a change.
Like it was said before, there are alot of variables, none of is will really know until we try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *xball16 View Post
Well, i've seen you all over the news forums and bit my tongue, but coming here and seeing you one again is sorta getting me mad.
Are you directing that at me? I dont even post much on PBnation anymore.

But at anyrate you do have a couple of good points. But I would say it isnt quite like choosing to play stockclass or with an electro, in the end if it turns out to be inferior then why use it?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:12 AM #35
EhhhDeee

What ignorance. Please refrain from posting such garbage.
EhhhDeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 AM #36
*xball16
Voice activatied

Blackmagic, the speel was directed at the original poster of this thread Havokrooster. I do not have any negative thing to say about you since like me you are just giving opinions and information that you have. The ignorant and generaly stupid people such as the thread maker is what I'm directing my anger toward.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 AM #37
RabidHobo
projectile bacon?!

RabidHobo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RabidHobo supports Team VICIOUS
RabidHobo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RabidHobo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
im against 50 cal aswell.
RabidHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 AM #38
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by *xball16 View Post
Blackmagic, the speel was directed at the original poster of this thread Havokrooster. I do not have any negative thing to say about you since like me you are just giving opinions and information that you have. The ignorant and generaly stupid people such as the thread maker is what I'm directing my anger toward.
Haha, ok. Just checking.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:20 AM #39
havokrooster

i say we cause there are alot of veterans such as myself behind watching this fail.

let me explain, before i am banned. take into consideration that i have inside info from the industry and that i have been playing since all we had were pump pistols. i grew up and shot ball with some of the guys who are now industry and keep in touch with them.

1. look at the guys behind this. every single one of them have been in court with kee action sports. now i am in no way affiliated with kee or an advocate of them. but look. like gino and brookshire of valken. the birth of valken itself stems from a no compete order with kee that time lapsed. and the gardners. those pieces of trash, we all know their track record in the court. this endeavor is based on corporate malice and the need for struggling companies, who are struggling do to bad buisness moves and legal mayhem, to bleed even more money out of the player.

2. these same folks are pushing this on us in force. saying it is "in the best interest of the players". ever been shot with a .50 cal paintball? hurts like all get out. there is a reason that small caliber paint has only took hold in military applications. the industry doesnt dictate to us what our best interest is. hell, we are the ones on the buying end. they are trying to serve us a turd on fine china and telling us to eat it cause its good for our diet. they dont care if it sinks or swims as long as alot of money is made up front before it fails. why do you think they have the tech already to convert them back to .68? cause they know it wont fly. ive seen this before. this isnt new. but its never been pushed and marketed like this before. before it was just trying something new out and it failed. this time they telling us its going to be the new chapter in paintball. how rude to deal us a line of bs knowing its bs. let me tell you this. the only way this will fly is if a major promoter/producer gets behind it. mainly in the tourney facet. but as soon as these pro ballers get out there and get all lit up with it, they are gonna whine like hell. they will be taking the field in so much padding that jumping the snake will be a thing of the past.

3. the astm and regulating .50. ok lets go back to the books and screw that up some more and make all kinds of new revisions and such. lets make every single field have to redo their procedures and have to order more sku of .50 call junk to accomodate the players that want to shoot .50. lets regulate the rules to accomodate .50. dime size hits? lets divide the players into even more genres of the sport. what about the scenarios? its already hard enough to ref and run .68 without making it smaller in the woods. the woods are the bread and butter of the sport. tourney has went up and down and sank and swam back to shore. changed clothes a million times. woodsball has always been woodsball. you cant go screwin with your core fan base.

4. outsourcing. i have intel that these same basterds have located capsulation machines in china sitting idle. these manufacturers make a couple runs a year for military training purposes. the rest of the time the machines are idle. these folks have put the bid in to fire them up full time for .50 because its so much cheaper. so lets outsource .50 and take more jobs overseas away from americans when we are already faced with a struggling job market. hell, killer paintballs has already done this with .68 caliber. why not? your already screwin the players right? why not screw hardworking americans too.

man i can go on and on if i really need to. is this not enough?
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:22 AM #40
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
ive been ballin for 20 years. ive seen this before. but the tyrants running it this time are already pigs and we need to shut them down NOW!!!!!!!

i am urging everyone to ban products and manufacturers on board with "proposition .50". that means valken, procaps, smart parts/gi milsim, kingmann, etc.

WE DONT WANT IT! RICHMOND, GINO, GARDNERS, BROOKSHIRE... GO BACK INTO YOUR HOLES. WE DONT WANT YOU.

guys listen. look at it this way. field owners dont want it. players dont want it. once again in the great sport of paintball we have players and field owners coming together and relying on each other on a grassroots level. if we can shut it down, it may just knock some of these industry tyrants on thier *****. ppl say its the coming of another division of the sport. i say we can use this to unify it. we run the industry it does not run us. do not let them serve you a turd on fine china and tell you to eat it because its good for you.
so your also gonna bad PE and dye? PE of which already has 50 cal kits and dye that is developing them?
yeah buddy not gonna happen. just embrace the fact the world changes.
nevekd128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 AM #41
*xball16
Voice activatied

Your not going to get banned for trying to be a bamf and failing.

Everything you just said is prett..well irrelavant. You seem to be pushing the fact that this is jut going to waste everyone's money. Yes .50 will be a difficult transition but so what? Is paintball such a big thing in your life that if we let in a new idea you will die? You may be "experianced" in the world of paintball but you clearly havn't grown up yet...what 30 year old man complains this much about an idea?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 AM #42
havokrooster

no, i just wont buy. wait it out till it fails... again.

get mad, cuss me, state your opinions. cant argue facts. im not mad at the idea of making the game more affordable, or scared of change or anything like that. i love the sport. i am an avid player. i just dont like seeing the same folks try and rape it repeatedly. im done. said all im going to say about it and ill watch it crash and burn like it did years ago.

Last edited by havokrooster : 10-08-2009 at 01:36 AM.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote