Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 PM #1
havokrooster

Ban .50 Cal

ive been ballin for 20 years. ive seen this before. but the tyrants running it this time are already pigs and we need to shut them down NOW!!!!!!!

i am urging everyone to ban products and manufacturers on board with "proposition .50". that means valken, procaps, smart parts/gi milsim, kingmann, etc.

WE DONT WANT IT! RICHMOND, GINO, GARDNERS, BROOKSHIRE... GO BACK INTO YOUR HOLES. WE DONT WANT YOU.

guys listen. look at it this way. field owners dont want it. players dont want it. once again in the great sport of paintball we have players and field owners coming together and relying on each other on a grassroots level. if we can shut it down, it may just knock some of these industry tyrants on thier *****. ppl say its the coming of another division of the sport. i say we can use this to unify it. we run the industry it does not run us. do not let them serve you a turd on fine china and tell you to eat it because its good for you.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 PM #2
srqballa (Banned)
Parker Fox

srqballa plays in the PSP
srqballa supports Team VICIOUS
srqballa plays in the APPA D4 division
is it cheaper?
srqballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 PM #3
greenvertboy

greenvertboy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
greenvertboy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
greenvertboy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
greenvertboy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Go back to your bomb shelter.

How 'bout we move forward, instead of being stuck in the same ****ty rut for twenty years?

For the record. I WANT THIS. I'm an un-sponsored player. I don't run a field. I don't work for a company. I'm just the average guy that likes to go out and ball every weekend. And YES, I WANT THIS. Stop trying to speak for everyone.

I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do it
So a little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
greenvertboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 PM #4
Beast 911
928/Droppin Loads all day

Beast 911 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah pretty much nuf said... 50.cal = Homo!!

i laugh when people say that the 50.cal wont hurt as bad, PSSSHHH paintballs in general dont hurt, stop being a Homo. This is paintball, this isnt SissyLaLa Paintball.... Grow a Pair... whats wrong with 68.? Scientist or wannabe scientist stop using your head/knowlege and just go grind out a day of ball....

Just soo sick of this 50.cal BS!
Beast 911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 AM #5
Drewbie07
The Great Cornholio!!!!!!

paint yes but the conversions make it not worth it keep paintball exactly how it is please
Ryan Greenspan Fan #102
Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #128

Red Ripper 2.5 fts
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3068579
Drewbie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:04 AM #6
lostsaint

lostsaint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lostsaint supports Team VICIOUS
lostsaint plays in the APPA D5 division
um.... ow bout we ban you?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:08 AM #7
greenvertboy

You are all short sighted people. You don't have to make this switch now. It's still going to come out. Keep on using your .68 cal markers now. But In three years, when you go to buy a new marker, do you buy a $1000 dollar .68 caliber marker, or do you buy the $500 .50 caliber marker that gets better efficiency, shoots farther, is more accurate, cycles faster, less kick, and is lighter? Oh and it costs less to feed it those little paint filled capsules.

Which will you buy in a few years? Especially when I buy the .50 cal now and get to experience those gains now. After a few years of getting shot up by the guys shooting a .50, you'll want to switch. Don't think that will happen? Too bad, it'll happen by HB '10. Mark my words. .50 cal will be out and you'll be *****ing because it's better. You'll say it's unfair.

But in the end, you'll only be able to blame yourselves. Take to it now. You'll lose less in the coming year.

Last edited by greenvertboy : 10-08-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:10 AM #8
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
**** yeah! Let's have a teaparty. Somebody call Glenn Beck!

Christ, how many times are you going to post this exact same tirade?

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"

Last edited by Spock : 10-08-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 AM #9
Tab
The Punisher Of Tengas

Quote:
Originally Posted by srqballa View Post
is it cheaper?
Theres a wonderful thread in the Field Owners forum about this actually.

The issue is they say its going to be cheaper for the player, which they feel is good for the sport. The way they see it is less cost for the player = more paint the player will buy.

However field owners have found in the past that this isn't always the case, it is at times but with a pinched economy its only going to make things a bit more iffy.

My (and other fields) concerns is the margin for myself. They guy selling the paint. Yes it will come cheaper to the player, but is it coming cheaper to me? Players won't understand this but I need a margin, I need to make a profit, and I don't need to take a cut on what little margin we have on paint already. Don't give me the "But people will come and play more if its cheaper" routine as your mistaken with that. I have a set number for what the lowest profit per case I am willing to stomach. That number is after all things considered (shipping/tagging/stocking) if the .50 doesn't allow for it I will not support it, stock it, or promote it Period

The reality is I was around many many years ago before most of you were balling and many of you were born, around that time paintball went through another caliber change to the .68 you know and love today. Back then it wasn't so much a "end of the world" type concept as the sport wasn't as large but there was similar talk. The change wasn't sudden as it took a good deal of time for it to change over but in the end it was for the best.

.50 has the oppertunity to improve things if done correctly, however the pace its going isn't looking good. The caliber change over needs to be a 5 year ordeal...Yes I said FIVE years.

In those five years it gives the ability for players to update old equipment, for fields to gradually phase out .68 paint and for things to slowly adjust...But in those five years its going to be chaos.

Why?

As companies are pushing the paint they are forcing fields into a bad spot. Think about how many players rush to get the guns when they first come out...Now we need to start stocking paint for those kids, but at the same time we need to continue to stock .68 for our normal customers and rental fleet.

Why should we stock two calibers of paint? 90% of customers will be using .68 and the kids with the new markers account for such a slim chunk there isn't any point in pissing money away into stocking some paint thats going to sit for a long period of time before it sells.

As time progresses we're expected to upgrade rentals, which if .50 proves to be popular will occur around the 1-2 year point (and for many fields around the 3 year point). At around the 3 year point things will be fairly smooth as kids will be buying used markers in .50 which will be discounted bumping the percent of .50 players up to 45-65%, at the five year point nearly 90% will be using used or new .50 markers.

.50 isn't a bad idea, its just being rushed and pushed far to hard. Think about it if your behind the marker...Will your field be stocking .50 paint right off the bat? If they aren't how will you play with that new toy? BYOP?

What needs to be done is a slow process over the period of 5 years. In that time new markers need to be dual use, both .68 and .50 so fields and stores can adapt and have enough of a demand to justify the switch. If markers are dual use players won't suffer due to fields not being able to justify switching over or stocking .50, and fields won't lose customers. As the years progress and more and more players have the dual use markers then .50 will be more common and more accepted.

We don't need to ban .50, rather we need to rethink how its being handled.

Last edited by Tab : 10-08-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 AM #10
greenvertboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Christ, how many times are you going to post this exact same tirade?
Me?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 AM #11
David5751

David5751 plays in the APPA D5 division
let me explain something..long term it is cheaper...or could be...after many many years and the entire industry is converted over...
Short term its way more expensive...

The consumer...has to be all kinds of adapters and new barrels
The Supply house...has to carry double inventory across the board
The manufacture...Has to retool entire assembly and manufacturing plants and has to make both markers for a bit
The fields an stores---also must carry double inventory and additional change over material...including time sensitive paint

all this adds costs which ultimatlly will be passed to the player...until the transition is complete

50 cal is stupid.... just say no
David5751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 AM #12
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvertboy View Post
Go back to your bomb shelter.

How 'bout we move forward, instead of being stuck in the same ****ty rut for twenty years?

For the record. I WANT THIS. I'm an un-sponsored player. I don't run a field. I don't work for a company. I'm just the average guy that likes to go out and ball every weekend. And YES, I WANT THIS. Stop trying to speak for everyone.
You want this? Well then it must be a good idea

Think about it, different calibers have been tried in the past. There have been .62, .50, .55 calibers before and none of them survived to this day. Today we have .68 because it was better than the others. Unless they somehow change physics the .50 will probably not go as far as the .68, it will probably hurt more, it will require people to buy conversion kits or whole new markers.

I seriously doubt any savings will be passed on to the players, this is just snake oil salesmen trying to line their pockets with cash from nooblets and agglets trying to get the latest gimmick.

Smart Parts has done this type of thing in the past, remember the magic box for mags? Or the whole "low pressure travels further BS".... I for one do not intend to buy a .50 cal marker or any conversion kit (as if they would be made for autocockers or vintage matrixs anyways...) and the owner of the field I work for has no intention of dumping his .68 rental fleet for some new gimmick.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 AM #13
phoolio
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast 911 View Post
i laugh when people say that the 50.cal wont hurt as bad, PSSSHHH paintballs in general dont hurt, stop being a Homo. This is paintball, this isnt SissyLaLa Paintball.... Grow a Pair... whats wrong with 68.? Scientist or wannabe scientist stop using your head/knowlege and just go grind out a day of ball....

Just soo sick of this 50.cal BS!
for ironmen type players im sure there will be a lot more wiping/cheating if it doesnt hurt. you cant focus and shoot when you are getting bunkered and lit in the neck. however if it doesnt hurt as bad...
Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 AM #14
David5751

David5751 plays in the APPA D5 division
yeah making things more expensive in a recesiion ...during an industry contraction makes sense
David5751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM #15
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic71 View Post
You want this? Well then it must be a good idea

Think about it, different calibers have been tried in the past. There have been .62, .50, .55 calibers before and none of them survived to this day. Today we have .68 because it was better than the others. Unless they somehow change physics the .50 will probably not go as far as the .68, it will probably hurt more, it will require people to buy conversion kits or whole new markers.

I seriously doubt any savings will be passed on to the players, this is just snake oil salesmen trying to line their pockets with cash from nooblets and agglets trying to get the latest gimmick.

Smart Parts has done this type of thing in the past, remember the magic box for mags? Or the whole "low pressure travels further BS".... I for one do not intend to buy a .50 cal marker or any conversion kit (as if they would be made for autocockers or vintage matrixs anyways...) and the owner of the field I work for has no intention of dumping his .68 rental fleet for some new gimmick.
Well let's see. If it:

1. doesn't shoot as far
2. hurts more
3. costs the same

nobody will buy it. So what are you worried about?

"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 AM #16
blackmagic71

Quote:
Well let's see. If it:

1. doesn't shoot as far
2. hurts more
3. costs the same

People are dumb, they buy into hype or what they think is new and cool even if it isnt in their best interests or wont do as well. For example, I love autocockers and I've shot them for a long time, but they always used to be advertised as "closed bolt accuracy/distance, " which honestly just flat out wasnt true. But people bought into it and I still hear it to this day.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:25 AM #17
greenvertboy

Quote:
People are dumb, they buy into hype or what they think is new and cool even if it isnt in their best interests or wont do as well. For example, I love autocockers and I've shot them for a long time, but they always used to be advertised as "closed bolt accuracy/distance, " which honestly just flat out wasnt true. But people bought into it and I still hear it to this day.
Yeah, but what in the hell are you gonna do when these balls DO perform better. What will you do when you see it right in front of you? Will you still deny it, says it's a piece of **** idea, and cling to the .68 til you die?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 AM #18
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

Annual Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is a Supporting Member
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Well let's see. If it:

1. doesn't shoot as far
2. hurts more
3. costs the same

Can you explain to me how it would hurt more? If a .68 paintball hits you going 205 miles per hour, would it hurt more or less than a truck hitting you going 205 miles per hour? The force of an object goes down as it gets smaller, therefore, a .50 caliber round would hurt LESS.

Why won't people be open minded instead of jumping to conclusions that can't be made until more testing/information is given?
leprechaun8942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 AM #19
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvertboy View Post
Yeah, but what in the hell are you gonna do when these balls DO perform better. What will you do when you see it right in front of you? Will you still deny it, says it's a piece of **** idea, and cling to the .68 til you die?
I'm a rational person, If I see/test it myself and it performs better then I would admit it.

Keep in mind, lower calibers have been tried before and they all failed and certain companies in the industry have a long history of BS and hype just to sell product to the unwary agglets. Why are you so gungho about .50, how exactly would it benefit you?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:30 AM #20
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Quote:
....I love autocockers and I've shot them for a long time, but they always used to be advertised as "closed bolt accuracy/distance, " .....
They still are. http://www.worr.com/?markers=7972

Old 10-08-2009, 12:36 AM #21
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun8942 View Post
Can you explain to me how it would hurt more? If a .68 paintball hits you going 205 miles per hour, would it hurt more or less than a truck hitting you going 205 miles per hour? The force of an object goes down as it gets smaller, therefore, a .50 caliber round would hurt LESS.
Well if you want to use extreme examples how about this ..... Take a paintball (I dont care .68 or .50 works) shoot it at 300fps, see how much it hurts, now take something smaller.... like a paneling nail or small constuction screw and shoot that at yourself and see how much you like that...

If we want to get back to the real world and if you would like to be rational and polite then here is my reasoning. Paint that has a .68 caliber will have a large surface/impact area to spread out the hit, paint that has a .50 inch caliber will be much more concentrated impact and will thus hurt more.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that was the reasoning.