Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 PM #22
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Well, what you want to put on that is my Auto Rangefinder. Gets the elevation right for any practical range out to say 40-50 yards depending on the quality of paint you get to use. The called me Head Hunter for a reason.

Basically a do it your self project. A peep sight on the back which you already have but my have to raise. and a modified post on the front.

The post is a 2/56 threaded rod about 2 1/2" tall. Tape a 2/56" hole in different size brass fishing beads. 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm.

The beads match the diameter of the human head at a given distance. Just screw the beads up and down until you paintballs drop onto a mask on a milk jug at that distance. Drop of super glue to fix them and you are ready to go.

It IS Super Critical to have a consistent muzzle velocity. You can actually chronograph your marker using it.

Have pictures and illustrations. Building an upgraded version this spring that will extend my practical range out to 60 yards or so. Have drawings for it.

For info, anyone can e mail me at ddupont@charter.net
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2009, 10:07 AM #23
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Thanks for the info
willy ipms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:31 AM #24
BobLong435 (Banned)

For the record, scopes, laser dot sights and anything else glass is VERY annoying. Even when being shot at like through the bushes, a sight of any kind will get small specs of paint on it which don't come off easily. (you will have a smudged lens(possibly scratched) the rest of the game.

You're better off with some type of Iron sight.
BobLong435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 AM #25
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I made a zero power 'scope' for the kids when they started playing. Just mounted a 3/4" PVC pipe on the marker. Spray painted the inside of it black and then the back edge Red. So when they got the black aligned in the middle of the RED circle, with the target in the middle of those two circles, it was right on at the range it was zeroed in at. Farther or closer had to adjust up or down a bit. Nice thing about it was that it never got gooh up with paint spray. Didn't have a lens.

They used it for a while until they learned to point and shoot. It worked like a training aid. But it could be useful for those longer shots if you zeroed it in for that range. We used wood shims and hose clamps. Low Tech.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:12 AM #26
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Great idea, Ill have that in mind, at least for trainings. Im not used to sights and red dots, I used for a while, but there are not really confortable.
Besides I am the one who lead the pack, I go first in urban games, so , the time is more valuable and fast.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 AM #27
Tibs
l,,l,

Tibs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tibs supports Team VICIOUS
Tibs supports Sherwood Forest
If you can, use Tiberius Arms First Strike Rounds, there a little expensive but they take the sniper role to a whole new level
Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 PM #28
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
If you can, use Tiberius Arms First Strike Rounds, there a little expensive but they take the sniper role to a whole new level
Do i have to make a clip for thoose?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM #29
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy ipms View Post
Do i have to make a clip for thoose?
Technically, it would be a magazine, but yeah you can't just drop them in a hopper.

If you don't want to spend the money on an existing First Strike capable gun (basically anything from Tiberius), a number of guns can be adapted to fire them as a single shot setup. For example a little filing on the opening in the body of a Model98 and you can flip down the elbow, drop in a First Strike round, and get one good super long range shot.

For safety, do remember to chrono with both normal and First Strike rounds and make sure that you're below the limit on both.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 AM #30
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Yeah, safety first
Old 12-01-2009, 05:06 PM #31
Tibs
l,,l,

Tibs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tibs supports Team VICIOUS
Tibs supports Sherwood Forest
Thanks Fub, but yeah anything like that, those things have SICK range
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 PM #32
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Did you try thoose?
Are they really effective as I heard?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:40 PM #33
CaNoLi
UMBRELLAS

well here it is like someone said putting scopes on the guns doesnt help they dont really work very welll......... and dont put a 18 or a 20 inch barrel on a sniper either. you wanna put a 14 inch barrel.....it has been proven anything longer just weighs down the gun and just uses more air to push the paintball out of the barrel.....put things on to make it look kool thats it but remember it will get heavy and u will not be able to run with it it will be toooo heavy.
CaNoLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:10 PM #34
DWOLFE
dwolfe

they get in the way and loud get mini
DWOLFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 AM #35
akjohson20

I just got the hammer head "tippman straightline barrel." I've looked all over and read that the accuracy is great but I was not impressed. I supect it was the ball size. The V-1's I was using is pretty small. Does anyone know about this barrel or what the best paint size is?
akjohson20 is offline   Reply With Quote