Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2009, 02:20 PM #1
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Long rifle in the woods...... are they confortable?

Im going to make a sniper rifle with a 98 , but the thing is , im not sure if the scenario is the best for the marker.
willy ipms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM #2
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
The Sniper rifle you speak of can only truly be for looks. The equipment in paintball can not be as accurate as one thinks when they think Sniper rifle. Scenario is the best environment for a marker decked out to look like a real weapon.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 PM #3
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
At a recent scenario game I saw someone with the most effective sniper setup I've ever seen. Blue jeans, surplus BDU shirt, and a Model98 that looked like a rental (either it was a rental, or a formal rental). This player blended in with the crowd. He was able to work his way all the way across the field, a combination of sneaking, hiding, and occasional BS'ing, until he was able to crawl into the brush near the opposing team's base. Shot out the general 4 times before they were able to dig him out.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM #4
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

lol, there my friend is how a sniper can in fact exist in paintball. TACTICS. Not equipment, make the sniper.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 PM #5
willy ipms
Argentinian player

ok , I┤m going to make it.

Thanks a lot to all of you, for the advice and the story.

In the process I will show the changes of a 98 Tippmann in the custom forum.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 PM #6
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

although extremely heavy, the barrett kit looks awesome
Old 10-10-2009, 11:21 PM #7
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
At a recent scenario game I saw someone with the most effective sniper setup I've ever seen. Blue jeans, surplus BDU shirt, and a Model98 that looked like a rental (either it was a rental, or a formal rental). This player blended in with the crowd. He was able to work his way all the way across the field, a combination of sneaking, hiding, and occasional BS'ing, until he was able to crawl into the brush near the opposing team's base. Shot out the general 4 times before they were able to dig him out.
i would be like if i was on the opposing team lol.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:54 PM #8
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

i am making a new rifle for the scenario game coming up this weekend, i kinda broke the last one i made when i fell on it while spraining my ankle. but either way, the first rifle i made had a full sized hand carved wooden stock and a 20" sp tactical freak tip on the barrel. looked damn near like a real rifle, kinda like the FNAR. well, that is, until the stock shattered ..... the next one will also be made from an autococker like the last, but will be single shot bolt action and will be set up for the first strike paintballs. ill have to take pics for you and post the results when i get it done.

if you like the idea of having a long rifle, go with it, it will be incredably fun. i had va blast with my rifle, and it was a big hit among the other players on the field. i even had airball players liking it. do what will make you happy, but make sure that if you go that route, you make sure that you ake it fit yourself. you want to be comfortable when you shoulder the rifle.

sorry if i seem to rant on, get out there, make cool stuff and have fun.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 AM #9
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
i am making a new rifle for the scenario game coming up this weekend, i kinda broke the last one i made when i fell on it while spraining my ankle. but either way, the first rifle i made had a full sized hand carved wooden stock and a 20" sp tactical freak tip on the barrel. looked damn near like a real rifle, kinda like the FNAR. well, that is, until the stock shattered ..... the next one will also be made from an autococker like the last, but will be single shot bolt action and will be set up for the first strike paintballs. ill have to take pics for you and post the results when i get it done.

if you like the idea of having a long rifle, go with it, it will be incredably fun. i had va blast with my rifle, and it was a big hit among the other players on the field. i even had airball players liking it. do what will make you happy, but make sure that if you go that route, you make sure that you ake it fit yourself. you want to be comfortable when you shoulder the rifle.

sorry if i seem to rant on, get out there, make cool stuff and have fun.

Thanks man, I think thoose are the words i need. Maybe you think, you just post your ideas or opinions, but you are helping me in my first steps in custom jobs, and that┤s not mall thing.

A big hug from Argentina .
Old 10-29-2009, 11:43 AM #10
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy ipms View Post
Thanks man, I think thoose are the words i need. Maybe you think, you just post your ideas or opinions, but you are helping me in my first steps in custom jobs, and that┤s not mall thing.

A big hug from Argentina .
any time, ill post some pics of the rifle i am working on soon. ive done a couple so far. the new one should be pretty fun to play with, but i have to finish it first.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, i am always willing to help out where i can.

peace
tim
Old 11-06-2009, 02:14 PM #11
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Where should I post the pics of the project ĘSNIPERĘ ?

Specialized gear or Custom markers ?

OOhh, I forgot to tell you , I┤m trying to make the Steyr Scout.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 PM #12
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

post it in the scenario gun picture thread. i need to update mine again, i finished most of the rifle i made last night, i am just waiting on a few parts to come in now.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 PM #13
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

here is the somewhat finished product, lol

Quote:
any time, ill post some pics of the rifle i am working on soon. ive done a couple so far. the new one should be pretty fun to play with, but i have to finish it first.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me, i am always willing to help out where i can.

peace
tim
Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 AM #14
willy ipms
Argentinian player

Quote:
post it in the scenario gun picture thread. i need to update mine again, i finished most of the rifle i made last night, i am just waiting on a few parts to come in now.

Actually I┤m not quite sure, because I talked to the mods, and they told me to put the pics in te Voided warranty subforum.

Maybe can┤t go in the scenario gun picture thread, because I want to show all the transforming process, the milling and the axplainings (well I┤ll try) .
Old 11-07-2009, 12:38 PM #15
#1WoodsBaller

#1WoodsBaller is playing at Living Legends V
#1WoodsBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Just post up in this thread bro, surely they will let everybody have a look....and @ subrally.....that is very cool my friend

WTB or Trade for Grey Racing Strap PM Me!!
#1WoodsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM #16
g35x
Pump Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
The Sniper rifle you speak of can only truly be for looks. The equipment in paintball can not be as accurate as one thinks when they think Sniper rifle. Scenario is the best environment for a marker decked out to look like a real weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy ipms View Post
ok , I´m going to make it.

Thanks a lot to all of you, for the advice and the story.

In the process I will show the changes of a 98 Tippmann in the custom forum.

How did anything they said make you want to go through with it?
g35x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 PM #17
willy ipms
Argentinian player

I post the pics in the avoided warranty forum, there are the very first changes i made.

And Subyrally , there is one scary marker, good work .
Old 11-07-2009, 02:00 PM #18
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I made a long rifle for the woods. They are comfortable if you are comfortable with it. As with any gun.
Here is mine, I use it for night play mostly:
Old 11-08-2009, 11:09 AM #19
willy ipms
Argentinian player

I have no words
Old 11-08-2009, 11:03 PM #20
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

shadawg, what did you use as the base gun for that project? do you have any more shots of it? that thing looks slick.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 AM #21
shadawg
am i evil...yes i am

shadawg donated to help Peyton Trent
shadawg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...has-begun.html

Here is alink to the build thread.