Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you really want this?
yes 134 30.66%
no 303 69.34%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 AM #85
recite
Ballin for Christ

recite donated to help Peyton Trent
recite supports Team VICIOUS
recite supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
No, it's 4000 shots... that what they are assuming will be in a case.
I would think it would benefit the companies more if they kept it at 2k. There is allot more cost savings to be had by reducing their packaging and shipping weight.

I just think MSRP on a 2k case of paint will be cheaper. Example, instead of $40.00, it'll be $20.00.

Just my opinion.
recite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2009, 11:20 AM #86
Kanvass
Ballistic Missionary

Kanvass supports Cereal Killerz 2
Kanvass donated to help Peyton Trent
Kanvass supports Bob Gurnsey
Kanvass supports our troops
Why the adamant fuss?

Without a third option to allow for those of us who are open to change, but holding off for more information, I voted yes.

I don't see what the "entrenched" stand-off styled demands and temper tantrums are all about. This is just another option. I doubt any of the current opposition raved and ranted about the 6mm paintball used in airsoft. Why oppose this as though it will ruin your world? Most of the complainers that I've seen have guns for sale which means that they trade out guns as they see fit. What's to stop you from buying a .50 cal gun when it comes time to upgrade? Most of higher end companies have made, or are making, kits to adapt to your current gear so that'll help out cheapskates like me.

Think about the implications. Front guys going out without packs, moving like mad monkeys from bunker to bunker because they aren't tied down with a bulky pack (yes, I understand they're not "that bulky", but there is some movement restriction in them even if minor). Kids going out for their first game and getting around 500 rounds as opposed to the 50 - 100 they do now in their starting kit. I realize I'm speculating a lot, but some of this could happen and it's no more wild than any of the other speculation that's flying around in the .50 cal threads.

It's also just as likely to fail. Any business venture has that potential. But, if my gun manufacturer make me a kit that is reasonably priced and a local field has it as an option, you bet I'm going to try it out.

I look forward to seeing what it can do. I've been playing for over 20 years and I think this could be a lot of fun for the paintball industry as a whole.

"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave." - Sir William Drummond

Old Feedback
Kanvass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM #87
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBallin View Post
Paintball is a dying sport.
Maybe, maybe not but if it is it can be for alot of reasons...
-Poor economy (food, gas, and rent are more important than hobbies)
-The average ROF over the last 5 years has dramatically increased scaring off new players.
-The attitude of many players the last few has been less than stellar. (Win at any cost, dont always play for fun anymore, shoot up noobs, make fun of the kid with the 98 custom... yup you've got an Ego... you're sure special )

Paintball wont magically grow because they switch or bring in a new caliber of paint... and at any rate I'd be willing to guess atleast half the people here whether they are FOR or AGAINST the new .50 paint could not reasonably/logically explain why.

If you want paintball to grow there are tons of things you can do that would help out more...
-Introduce somebody new to paintball. Bring a friend, relative, coworker etc...
-Just play for fun, try something new, dig that old mech autococker out from under your bed or in the closet and play a few mech only games.
-Help out the newbies at the field, most of them are kinda timid and dont know what is going on, point them in the right direction, help them fix their markers that they will undoubtedly put together incorrectly (we all did it at one time)
-Dont go out and just pummel the newbs, or wipe, or shoot hot, or overshoot... everytime you do you're killing your sport
-Buy gear from your local brick and mortar stores, dont feed the online beast, it gets enough as is.
-Try out a big event just for fun (Oklahoma D-day, Invasion of Normandy, Mech or pump tournament.)
-Just be polite and friendly.

BTW

I voted against .50 paint. It has been tried before in the past and it was inferior. The manufacturers are making alot of cool claims this time around that I highly doubt will actually be backed up by physics in what is probably just a ploy to get another dollar instead of "saving" the sport. Some people say whats wrong with options? Sure go ahead, use your crappy .50 paint... it probably wont break well, wont leave a decent splat, probably wont go as far etc... but if you want to save a couple of $$$ and get pounded by the people still using .68 then be my guest.

Personally I'm happy with paintball as is.

Last edited by blackmagic71 : 10-09-2009 at 11:46 AM.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:11 PM #88
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
No, it's 4000 shots... that what they are assuming will be in a case.
So 2000 EXTRA paintballs will be in the case I purchase for the same price I'd pay for 2000 .68's. Now, how is that going to be better? (Material usage wise, which is the only real pro I see out of this.)

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Ac!d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:16 PM #89
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Almost- the same price... a little more. And how is that going to be better? Ummm, it is less expensive. wtf? Are you being sarcastic?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM #90
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
-Almost- the same price... a little more. And how is that going to be better? Ummm, it is less expensive. wtf? Are you being sarcastic?
No, how're the material savings justified if they throw in 2000 extra for -Almost- the same price?

Say it takes 5 lbs of material to make 2000 .68 paintballs.
Now let's just say (for examples sake) that it takes 3 lbs of material to make 2000 .50 cals.

So a case of 4000 .50 cals would take one extra pound of material, plus probably a redesigned box to keep 4000 rounds from being crushed. Until I see more information I'm just not convinced that this is any better. (ergonomically speaking)

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Old 10-09-2009, 02:28 PM #91
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

Ergonomics: the science of designing the job, equipment, and workplace to fit the worker

Anyways, you should be comparing 2000 .68 to 2000 .50 - it's more relevant. Let's say you have 2000 .68 and it weighs 5 pounds. For .50's that would be 3 pounds. So, it's more -economical- The fact that they are putting 6 pounds into a box that used to hold 5 pounds of material is irrelevant... actually, it means they are using 50% less boxes to ship the same amount of paint!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:47 PM #92
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
Ergonomics: the science of designing the job, equipment, and workplace to fit the worker

Anyways, you should be comparing 2000 .68 to 2000 .50 - it's more relevant. Let's say you have 2000 .68 and it weighs 5 pounds. For .50's that would be 3 pounds. So, it's more -economical- The fact that they are putting 6 pounds into a box that used to hold 5 pounds of material is irrelevant... actually, it means they are using 50% less boxes to ship the same amount of paint!
Economical is what I meant. But, there's no way you could fit 4000 rounds into a 2000 round case, and still have it be sturdy enough to be stacked and shipped. Maybe I'm wrong, but until I see it I won't believe it. But if you're right about reducing the shipping and all it will save a ton of money. Yet, at the same time; If I can get 4000 balls for almost the same price as 2000 my trigger finger is going to be hammer down all day. Which is just going to get me to buy another case. I just don't see how it's really going to be saving anything.

Ball 'till I Fall

Old 10-09-2009, 02:53 PM #93
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

If you're trying to save money you won't shoot more. If you're not trying to save money you'll be like you. I would be trying to save money. Also, cardboard boxes can hold up a car. I am sure they would do just fine shipping paintballs.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:07 PM #94
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
If you're trying to save money you won't shoot more. If you're not trying to save money you'll be like you. I would be trying to save money. Also, cardboard boxes can hold up a car. I am sure they would do just fine shipping paintballs.
If I were trying to save money I wouldn't be playing paintball, period.

So, you've been playing for 11 years. You know when you open a case and it has the + made out of cardboard? That isn't just a divider. It helps hold the case up when it's stacked. It protects the paint from being crushed. I'm thinking they're going to have to redesign the boxes paint comes in to keep it protected. After carrying hundreds of cases helping out at a scenario game I know that sometimes a box will be dropped or it'll fall. If it weren't as sturdy paint would break inside. Also, the .50 cal rounds have to be thinner to break... see where I'm going with this? Like I said, I could be wrong. But I'll continue to stand by my judgement until I see it for myself.

Ball 'till I Fall

Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM #95
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame

It's a logical point and makes sense. I just think it's a small quarell, haha. But you are right. And we are all going to wait and see how they actually turn out. No doubt there. I mean, if they end up performing like crap and being just as expensive I obviously won't be a proponent for them anymore!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM #96
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
It's a logical point and makes sense. I just think it's a small quarell, haha. But you are right. And we are all going to wait and see how they actually turn out. No doubt there. I mean, if they end up performing like crap and being just as expensive I obviously won't be a proponent for them anymore!
Exactly.

Ball 'till I Fall

Old 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM #97
recite
Ballin for Christ

recite donated to help Peyton Trent
recite supports Team VICIOUS
recite supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac!d View Post
Economical is what I meant. But, there's no way you could fit 4000 rounds into a 2000 round case, and still have it be sturdy enough to be stacked and shipped. Maybe I'm wrong, but until I see it I won't believe it. But if you're right about reducing the shipping and all it will save a ton of money. Yet, at the same time; If I can get 4000 balls for almost the same price as 2000 my trigger finger is going to be hammer down all day. Which is just going to get me to buy another case. I just don't see how it's really going to be saving anything.
This is why I honestly think they will be keeping the 2k cases, but will just make the packaging smaller. Smaller size = greater cost savings. Plus the shipping weight would be reduced further adding to that savings. I don't think they will try and cram 4000 rounds into their current sized packaging. That would be a mistake on their part if they did because of the reasons you mentioned.

Shooting more because you can afford more is something that happens now lol. It is completely based off of personal consumption. Some will always shoot more than others. Whether it be with .68 or .50 cal.
recite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM #98
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by recite View Post
This is why I honestly think they will be keeping the 2k cases, but will just make the packaging smaller. Smaller size = greater cost savings. Plus the shipping weight would be reduced further adding to that savings. I don't think they will try and cram 4000 rounds into their current sized packaging. That would be a mistake on their part if they did because of the reasons you mentioned.

Shooting more because you can afford more is something that happens now lol. It is completely based off of personal consumption. Some will always shoot more than others. Whether it be with .68 or .50 cal.
You're exactly right. But still nobody actually knows for sure. Everything about .50 cal right now, including the pros and cons are pretty much speculation. All we can do is wait and see some evidence of all the claims being made.

Ball 'till I Fall

Old 10-09-2009, 03:59 PM #99
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
People need to realiza.50. Cal it's not going to be nearly as 1/2 expensive to buy or produce, most of posts I see "imply" that .50cal will be 1/2as expensive or will have twice for same price and it's not going to be that way.

That is the key to life."
Karnivor'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote