Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you really want this?
yes 134 30.66%
no 303 69.34%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 AM #64
GoblyGoop
 
 
GoblyGoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
50 cal is quieter and less paint per ball. Fields would be easier to maintain and keep clean with less paint. Less noise means more fields closer to population centers. As long as 50 cal paint cost and effectiveness (which hasn't really been play tested with a high sample) is acceptable, then 50 cal is a good thing. The two will exist together for a long time, but I wouldn't be surprised if 2010 or 2011 uspl and such invite or even require 50 cal paint. Since most people swap their markers every 2-3 years (or faster), in 5 years, many players are going to be 50 cal either through conversion kits or new markers.
__________________
F/S Unique Ion with all the upgrades an ion needs. Also have a barrel kit and rf chips up for sale

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3975908

~(*)Slate Revi (rev-i) up F/S Only. Tricked out and super clean(*)~
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...highlight=revi
GoblyGoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM #65
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:37 PM #66
Blazer707
HoodRat
 
Blazer707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nor*Cal
Blazer707 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Blazer707 helped look for balloons
Blazer707 plays in the APPA beginner division
I voted no just because im use to .68 paint. but i do support the idea of paint being doubled for the same price.

Does anyone have a certain date something like this would be phased in by?

.68 paint still going to be produced along side .50?

are tournament series going to be either .50 or .68? both?

there are alot of questions i think we need answers to before we start saying we want this big change.
__________________
Davis Paintball

BLACK/GREEN V2 VICTORY FOR SALE ONLY
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post74550457
Blazer707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 PM #67
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That's an odd reason to vote no but I'll tell you what I know so far...

Does anyone have a certain date something like this would be phased in by?

From what I'm reading they are going to be at World Cup and people should start seeing it last or first quarter. Nothing I have read is official, though, so it's just hearsay/rumors.

.68 paint still going to be produced along side .50?

Yes. .68 will not be abolished or stop being made when .50 comes out. Both will be produced and as of right now a lot of people are talking about conversion kits for popular guns and loaders that are already .68 (if that's something you -wanted- to do).

are tournament series going to be either .50 or .68? both?


No talk of this has hit yet (that I know of). As of right now .50 seems to be geared towards scenario/woodsball, but we will see what happens. There has been a lot of talk about both, but personally I would say that's unlikely. Tournaments would probably require and provide 1 size of paint for the events or both sizes of paints, but different sections.
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 PM #68
barber420 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
its gona save money for the companies thus lowering prices of paint and bringing more people into the sport.
barber420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:24 PM #69
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL
 
Ac!d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VA
.50 cal is stupid.

I voted no. I have a .68 caliber gun, I plan on upgrading to... a .68 caliber gun. A switch to .50 isn't going to some quite little change. It's going to change the dynamics of play, rules/fps, probably change ROF caps. It'll completely change the way fields need to be layed out. Yes, that's new and all. But, how is that going to be good for any field owners? The local store here refused to sell Kingmans stupid pistol. He didn't want to have to stock a seperate type of paint just for a pistol. Why is a store owner going to stock a new kind of paint for a Spyder or Ego10, Impy? It's stupid.

Now my actual real reason for not liking this is, what if I show up with my .68? Will I be allowed to play with some new players shooting .50?

I like that they're having ideas and all, but they're pushing it without any real research or fact delivered straight to us players. They came up with the idea and went to right over to the machine shops. Did anyone ask us if we like it? Hell no. So they obviously are in it for themselves.
__________________
POLYMER

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Ac!d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:29 PM #70
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
All your objections are personal objections and selfish reason. Can I use my gun, can I play with these guys, what will it do for ME?

If you're going to be so selfish in your reasons, what's to stop manufactures from being selfish?

Beyond that, I disagree with you. It took a lot of people to put .50 cal into motion. Smart Parts, Kingman, G.I., Dye, Planet Eclipse, even PbNation has a specific forum for it right now... what makes you think that the hundreds of people behind this aren't thinking about you and the life of paintball considering they are the ones who have careers on the line, NOT YOU!

And if you are so worried about .50 and not being able to play with them in the future, just calm down and wait and see. Especially because you just said when you upgrade your gun, you are upgrading to .68 by choice: why would you deserve to play with ne .50 players if you had the option to switch and you didn't? Ugh.

And for your field owner... he looses profit by stocking such specific items that reach to a small crowd, duh. But with all the companies I mentioned before flexing to meet the needs of .50 cal it's going to be a larger market and a profit option for your field owner.
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM #71
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL
 
Ac!d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VA
Of course all my objections are for me. It's MY money. If I chose to go out and buy paintball stuff that's MY choice. Companies are out to make money? Oh **** since when? I'm just saying, I'm not spending any money on .50 cal stuff until I see some comparisons and proof that it'll be worth my time and money to get .50 cal gear, because I'm pretty sure I won't have a conversion kit for my gun.

Also, paintball is NOT dying. We're in some tough times in the economy, everyone is suffering a little.
__________________
POLYMER

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Ac!d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:56 PM #72
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
All I am saying is don't get mad at companies for being selfish when you are selfish as well.

And paintball is not dying, but a lot of people dont' do it because it's so expensive. First there's the initial investment in gear, then entry fee, then paint fee... why not just skateboard or other hobbies that aren't as expensive? Oh, that's right, that is what most people do.

Paintball is fighting with sports that don't cost as much to participate in so any idea that will reduce your cost to go play each weekend by 30-40% is an idea you should be an advocate for. Paintball is a community sport where the more the merrier and you should be on board for spreading the spirit of the game.

Or maybe you're just a new kid to the sport and haven't been playing for 11 years like me and you just want to go out and shoot people and don't give a damn about the actually game.
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:58 PM #73
PbBRUNO
Worry Bear
 
PbBRUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calexico CA.
PbBRUNO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
PbBRUNO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PbBRUNO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
.68 all the way !!!!!!

.50
__________________
ANY EGO IS A GOOD EGO OUT OF THE BOX...
OOH SORRY, AND GEO TOO - ONE GAME, ONE LOVE, ONE PLANET
ECLIPSE NEVER LOSE A GAME
PbBRUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 PM #74
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL
 
Ac!d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
All I am saying is don't get mad at companies for being selfish when you are selfish as well.

And paintball is not dying, but a lot of people dont' do it because it's so expensive. First there's the initial investment in gear, then entry fee, then paint fee... why not just skateboard or other hobbies that aren't as expensive? Oh, that's right, that is what most people do.

Paintball is fighting with sports that don't cost as much to participate in so any idea that will reduce your cost to go play each weekend by 30-40% is an idea you should be an advocate for. Paintball is a community sport where the more the merrier and you should be on board for spreading the spirit of the game.

Or maybe you're just a new kid to the sport and haven't been playing for 11 years like me and you just want to go out and shoot people and don't give a damn about the actually game.
I agree, paintball is a community sport and all. It seems to me that it's just fine, though. Yeah I had to play 2 or 3 less big games this year. Say the economy is better next year. I'll get to play more (so will everyone else) I just think that instead of trying to convert to .50 the industry should just strap down and ride out the tough times.
__________________
POLYMER

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Ac!d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 PM #75
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbBRUNO View Post
.68 all the way !!!!!!

.50
That's smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac!d View Post
I agree, paintball is a community sport and all. It seems to me that it's just fine, though. Yeah I had to play 2 or 3 less big games this year. Say the economy is better next year. I'll get to play more (so will everyone else) I just think that instead of trying to convert to .50 the industry should just strap down and ride out the tough times.
Look, in the 11 years that I have played the sport has experienced good times and my friends and co-workers still don't come out to play because I tell them how much it's going to cost for a day. It's those people I want to get onto the field and have a good time too. Not just you and the guys who already dedicated themselves to the sport. Rather than riding out the economic hardships we're experiencing we could change the game so you can play 2 or 3 more big games this year and next year you can play 5 or 6 more because you have the money for it.... not because of the economy but because of innovations to the game itself!
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:22 PM #76
daft69996
 
 
daft69996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York City
I'm all for options. If you want to keep shooting .68, do it. If you want to go for the change to switch to .50, do it.
I don't see why they can't both exist at the same time. I'm all for it if it's going to let everyone join in the fun.
As long as someone make conversion kits for all markers is the only way I see them just having .50 cal.
I still voted no btw. Until I see that it is a worthwhile change.
__________________
Silent Rage A1 - stiffi front
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...69996/ra11.jpg
Courage is moving into danger when there's a means of escape.

If you are aware of the priciple and you violate it knowingly, it's not a violation.
It's called good tactics.

Last edited by daft69996 : 10-08-2009 at 02:36 PM.
daft69996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:22 PM #77
TheSpy11
I see you...
 
TheSpy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of 10K lakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
And paintball is not dying, but a lot of people don't do it because it's so expensive. First there's the initial investment in gear, then entry fee, then paint fee... why not just skateboard or other hobbies that aren't as expensive? Oh, that's right, that is what most people do.
In my area, paintball is dying because it's a fad, not because it's too expensive. I've seen person after person, friend after friend quit paintball or rarely play just a year or two after being gung-ho about the sport. .50 wouldn't do a lick of good around here (rec-ball land). Cost is rarely a reason I here for someone not playing. They simply have other things they would rather do. The last they're going to do is spend money on the .68 caliber mainstay, let alone the .50 trend. Manufacturers are barking up the wring tree.
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:30 PM #78
Blazer707
HoodRat
 
Blazer707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nor*Cal
Blazer707 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Blazer707 helped look for balloons
Blazer707 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
That's an odd reason to vote no but I'll tell you what I know so far...

Does anyone have a certain date something like this would be phased in by?

From what I'm reading they are going to be at World Cup and people should start seeing it last or first quarter. Nothing I have read is official, though, so it's just hearsay/rumors.

.68 paint still going to be produced along side .50?

Yes. .68 will not be abolished or stop being made when .50 comes out. Both will be produced and as of right now a lot of people are talking about conversion kits for popular guns and loaders that are already .68 (if that's something you -wanted- to do).

are tournament series going to be either .50 or .68? both?


No talk of this has hit yet (that I know of). As of right now .50 seems to be geared towards scenario/woodsball, but we will see what happens. There has been a lot of talk about both, but personally I would say that's unlikely. Tournaments would probably require and provide 1 size of paint for the events or both sizes of paints, but different sections.
how is it odd? because im use to useing .68 paint and gear?
__________________
Davis Paintball

BLACK/GREEN V2 VICTORY FOR SALE ONLY
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post74550457
Blazer707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:34 PM #79
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft69996 View Post
I'm all for options. If you want to keep shooting .68, do it. If you want to go for the change to switch to .50, do it.
I don't see why they can't both exist at the same time. I'm all for it if it's going to let everyone join in the fun.
As long as someone make conversion kits for all markers is the only way I see them just having .50 cal.
It will never happen just because so many gun manufactures have gone out of business and current companies won't see the profit opportunity to make them unless it's custom order which is highly likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy11 View Post
In my area, paintball is dying because it's a fad, not because it's too expensive. I've seen person after person, friend after friend quit paintball or rarely play just a year or two after being gung-ho about the sport. .50 wouldn't do a lick of good around here (rec-ball land). Cost is rarely a reason I here for someone not playing. They simply have other things they would rather do. The last they're going to do is spend money on the .68 caliber mainstay, let alone the .50 trend. Manufacturers are barking up the wring tree.
They simply have other things they would rather do... so you're saying no one likes paintball? I'm sure what you meant to say is, "It's easier for them to afford other things, so no one keeps playing." Don't thank me for correcting that.
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:28 PM #80
paintballer3
 
 
paintballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 is for the Gunfight
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
i dont understand you people who are against it. So what you are gonna buy new gear or conversion kits.

Because you know millions of people dont buy the new ego every year, or the new dm. I mean come on no one bought the lux the first year it came out.
__________________
I Film People

ANGEL ARMY
paintballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:59 PM #81
Ac!d
Don't be a hater. LOL
 
Ac!d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
That's smart!



Look, in the 11 years that I have played the sport has experienced good times and my friends and co-workers still don't come out to play because I tell them how much it's going to cost for a day. It's those people I want to get onto the field and have a good time too. Not just you and the guys who already dedicated themselves to the sport. Rather than riding out the economic hardships we're experiencing we could change the game so you can play 2 or 3 more big games this year and next year you can play 5 or 6 more because you have the money for it.... not because of the economy but because of innovations to the game itself!
Okay, so lets say a typical case of .68 paint, 2000 rounds cost $10 to make. But, is sold for $50 Then comes the .50 (which you say is cheaper) and let's say it's made for $5. Are fields going to charge less for the same amount of paintballs? Yeah, .50 is smaller. We know that. But it's still 2000 shots, right?
__________________
POLYMER

Ball 'till I Fall

"Originally posted by EKKsoldier622: This sport is all about who you know"
"Originally posted by washington: on a scale of 1 to bamf, what am i"
"Originally posted by DayoftheGreek: Tasteless indeed, as all good humor should be."
Ac!d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 AM #82
OKC - Espire
Fixer of Broken Stuff
 
OKC - Espire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Milwaukie, OR
OKC - Espire donated to help Peyton Trent
OKC - Espire has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OKC - Espire has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
OKC - Espire has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
so.........can someone show me any thread, article, or video from these manufacturers that are backing the .50, that states exactly that .50 cal is going to be replacing .68 cal? If it does not exist, who started the rumor that it is? Or worse yet, why assume that's what the companies are going to do? And people wonder why companies get bad reps (damn you smart parts for working with Gi milsim. Damn you Kingmann for the .40 cal pistol).

Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong, but I see it as another alternative to the sport, not its replacement. And until i hear otherwise from these companies (e.g. i want to see something put on their website that its going to be replacing .68 cal), thats exactly how i'm going to continue to look at it.

Can everyone keep that in mind before they go off the deep end on how this is going to kill the sport? The only thing killing the sport right now is the people complaining about this make believe take over thats going to happen with the release of the first .50 cal.

And for those people that think this is crap, and you'll leave paintball, please PM me. afterall, your 2010 ego, DM, geo, cyborg, and your Luxe, and everything else will just be a paper weight. So I will give you $75 for it right now. Sound ridiculous? yeah, so do the complainers with no actual proof (and really, i'll give you $75 for that future paperweight that you spent $900+ on).
__________________
Espire
OKC - Espire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 AM #83
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The
 
$h@key J0nEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grace Of GOD
I like this poll more and more every time I check it.
__________________

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:46 AM #84
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac!d View Post
Okay, so lets say a typical case of .68 paint, 2000 rounds cost $10 to make. But, is sold for $50 Then comes the .50 (which you say is cheaper) and let's say it's made for $5. Are fields going to charge less for the same amount of paintballs? Yeah, .50 is smaller. We know that. But it's still 2000 shots, right?
No, it's 4000 shots... that what they are assuming will be in a case.
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump