Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Being a more aggressive back player.

To take you must give . Ok so I was wondering if anyone has some tips for playing back center more agressively . My first tournament experience consisted of playing for a young 10 man way back in the day then rec ball then 5 man Ncpa , neither of which encourage agressive play so I was wondering of anyone had any tips to play back center more ballsy for xball or the race to format .

Here is some tips I have for the back corner players .
If you can run standing up to your bunker with no laane on you, run around your bunker and as you come out put a lane on back center as you dive into the ds or snake . A safer way is to stop a the corner check your tape and if clear wrap on back center and pu him in then bump out down the tape . The process of checking your tape to wrapping on back center an then getting put of your bunker should be less then 3 seconds .

Another tip is what I call the reverse where your from guy goes out to the corner and does what I describe in the tip above . An you will delay behind the a or race bunker shooting then run directly along the back tape line to shadow the bnearest bunker on your side . So let's say your platin thos cup layout you would slide behind the mini dorrito next to back center and stay low you are usin this bunker as a shield from back center and as you walk into the bunker shoot outside and the moment you get within 1 foot of the bunker keep running up the field as you switch your lane to back center using what would be the Mayan and from there keep them out d3 and try and fill in behind your front guy who should be In the dorritios .

Another tip is the x run you can a run outside of the x trying to catch back center playing sloppy and step inside if a lane comes your way , or run directly at the x off break sp you don't have to worry about getting shot and try and shoot their front guy . Once at the x you should get tight and keep a lane in front of the furthest guy up the field on the side you are looking to keep them from advancing on your front guy . An of by chance you hit anyone off break you could keep running with your gun at back center for a run through p at their other player on that side because if you cAn take 2 guys on one side your chances of winning go up greatly fo that sacrifice
e

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 PM #2
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Any agressive tips for back center would be apreciated .

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 PM #3
shaggyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Any agressive tips for back center would be apreciated .
dont be afraid to follow your front player into the snake/ladder

just remember one guy take the inside and one the tape

but not the whole time you can switch up if you like
shaggyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:23 PM #4
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
The best tip for playing as an aggressive back center is don't be a back center player.

There really isn't room for such a player in most of the layouts and tournaments today.

Sure you can start a guy there, sure you can lane from there, but then you must react.

Did you lose a guy off the break? Fill out towards tape!

Did you lane/take out an opponent on one side of the field quickly? Fill towards that tape to take advantage!

Are you still five on five? Their guns (if they're smart) will be on your front players... take advantage and move!

I.E.... don't stay back at back center longer than you absolutely need to to lane or ensure you didn't get a tape wiped out and you need to cover for them.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote