Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2010, 03:16 PM #22
Aerophyre

has been a member for 10 years
Times have certainly changed if decent CNC rigs cost below a grand then. Not that Im complaining Im just surprised its gotten to that price point. As far as the revolver itself, the initial pics look wonderful, but the price is above my head right now. I would try selling the model to BT or Tiberius and seeing what they could do with it. If someone could get a pic of a working model it would be fantastic.
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 PM #23
astainless

has been a member for 10 years
Agreed. If you could sell the design to Tiberius or Tippman for a set price and a % of the sales you are doing good.

The CNC's are just like most things. Luxury cars were originally the only ones with air bags and Electric paintball markers where all extremely expensive compared to say a Spyder which was considered a high quality marker back in the day. Now every car has airbags, Spyders are cheap and you can buy a basic electric gun for under $200 at walmart (not that it's the best but it can get the job done). Just need to get enough people to buy it and the price will come down. Like these revolvers here. $750 is way too expensive for most people for something that would be more of a backup and a novelty. If a company like Tiberius where to start making them then the price would drop to say $300 and a lot more people would buy them, then the price would go down to $250 then $199.95 and that is a reasonable price for a sidearm.

You can build a 5 axis machine for under $2000 that could make just about anything the bigger $80,000 machines can. A little slower but the same detail and the same precision. Good 5 axis software will be around $1500 to $2000 but there are other cheaper software packages or additions to 3 and 4 axis software that can do the job.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:29 PM #24
SC-baller

the CAD design looks amazing. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
SC-baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:05 AM #25
Dandyslayer

Talking

Dude I say make 2 prototypes! One with the 12 gram CO2 system you've developed and then another one using the Goblin Solo air cartridge system! Heck make a third one that could use both systems and you've got yourself a nice versatile pistol! And I'd say sell this puppy off to Tiberius Arms! I could only imagine using First Strike rounds in this beauty! Quick Draw duels anyone?
Dandyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote