Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 PM #85
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
This is a comments and suggestion thread, so if you dont like it, go find another thread to hang out in, get how it works???

And yes there is a huge difference between free and included. The pictures from Hoofhearted are not free. The league pays for them, which mean our franchise and player fees pay that photographer. So if paying players of this league want to discuss an aspect of the AXBL product (pictures in this example) then they are well within in their right to do so.

Anyone else on photography? Lets talk it up
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM #86
raiderpaintball09

Lets talk it up[/quote]

i really did just laugh out loud!!!
raiderpaintball09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:58 PM #87
jmac3

Whatever do what you want.

It is just a useless topic.
jmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM #88
raiderpaintball09

I think everyone is on the same page as far as what we would like to see for next year. So i would say the only thing we can do is wait and see the outcome in 2010. I am sure after the AXBL takes a look at our comments they will take everything into great consideration.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM #89
hoofhearted
Spec Ops Shooter

hoofhearted is a Supporting Member
hoofhearted is a Paintball photographer
hoofhearted supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma11 View Post
This is a comments and suggestion thread, so if you dont like it, go find another thread to hang out in, get how it works???

And yes there is a huge difference between free and included. The pictures from Hoofhearted are not free. The league pays for them, which mean our franchise and player fees pay that photographer. So if paying players of this league want to discuss an aspect of the AXBL product (pictures in this example) then they are well within in their right to do so.

Anyone else on photography? Lets talk it up
Agree this is a completely useless topic. We put out a good product that has a pretty quick turn around considering how many pics we take. Usually around 3000 per event. To address the cost for my stuff: I offer what is an unreasonable .50 download. Prints are obviously more expensive but wtf? They're prints! I have to cover printing, shipping etc. Don't get me wrong, I love jdev! However, Jdev shoots in a format that allows for more post processing, RAW. I, (WE) shoot in a format that allows the quickest turnaround to make it easier to get on the site.
My stuff isnt free: I would love to give my stuff away! Many times I do! I spend literally thousands of dollars to shoot these events. I am not greedy but if I could recoop my costs a little and still provide the best shots I can, then I am happy. I love the sport and I love the league. I think we are doing it the way it should be done!
To close: stop bashing me and my crew, we love you guys and the sport.

I really wanted to not dignify these guys with a response but there are more than a few players who like what we do.

Don (AKA Hoof) Hoofheartedproductions.com

Rest in Peace Eric Ocasio
hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:35 PM #90
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
There are ALOT of players who like what you do, including myself, but is it not within the right of AXBL players and PBnation users to discuss what photographer they would like to see the league hire in 2010?

Thats the question this thread has lead me to.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM #91
ctpaintballa42

has been a member for 10 years
I agree that hoofhearted did a great job, but other guys like Phamous photographers and VIP photographers have proven to me that they do great work and its consistent from event to event. Just my two cents.

Also I agree with the splitting up of events. We need to find a spread of events with two matches per, or something similar with both conferences having matches at certain fields to cut down on the cost. AXBL is on the rise and we need to find a way to keep all the events truely local. This will cut down costs and we will see a rise in teams and maybe AXBL spreading across the nation.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 PM #92
hoofhearted
Spec Ops Shooter

hoofhearted is a Supporting Member
hoofhearted is a Paintball photographer
hoofhearted supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpaintballa42 View Post
I agree that hoofhearted did a great job, but other guys like Phamous photographers and VIP photographers have proven to me that they do great work and its consistent from event to event. Just my two cents.

Also I agree with the splitting up of events. We need to find a spread of events with two matches per, or something similar with both conferences having matches at certain fields to cut down on the cost. AXBL is on the rise and we need to find a way to keep all the events truely local. This will cut down costs and we will see a rise in teams and maybe AXBL spreading across the nation.
Thanks dude. I think some people have lost focus on the original topic. How do we make this league better? Constuctively speaking.

Rest in Peace Eric Ocasio
hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 PM #93
ArMyOfOnE
New England Unleashed

1.) The breaking the plane rule.... that should be the FIRST thing they change. That ridiculous rule was one of the reasons Cicero Storm (MXL4) lost its MXL spot playing the Woburn Monsters - lost by 1 point in the last few seconds. So yes it does make a gigantic difference.

1.5) Where are the pics of that Woburn/Cicero game? it was an awesome game.

2.) LOVE the BYE idea. It helps players save money by saving them a trip. Having multiple matches per event makes the trip even more worth it. A great compromise to get "more paintball with less money"

Proudly representing
Paintball Wizard
.... and the 'Ballers of New England.

My Trader Feedback (before the new PBnation feedback system)
ArMyOfOnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 PM #94
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofhearted View Post
However, Jdev shoots in a format that allows for more post processing, RAW. I, (WE) shoot in a format that allows the quickest turnaround to make it easier to get on the site.
Joe shots in Raw, I shoot in Jpeg; I can edit my photos the same way he does and obtain the same quality. Further more, Joe's turn around time is amazing considering the editing he puts into his photos, usually by the Tuesday fallowing the event his work is ALL edited and uploaded.

Example;
Joe, shot in .Raw format and edited:

Mine, shot in .Jpeg format and edited:

Yes we took the same photo, because we are geniuses, and we think alike.

Last edited by no_caffeine : 09-28-2009 at 10:59 PM.
no_caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 AM #95
hany24

hany24 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hany24 supports DLX Technology
there is no rule saying ur hand cant go over the plane...the rule is that ur foot may not go over the boundary line

Last edited by hany24 : 09-29-2009 at 12:32 AM.
hany24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 AM #96
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany24 View Post
there is no rule saying ur hand cant go over the plane...the rule is that ur foot may not go over the boundary line
tell that to the refs.... i witnessed it multiple times and saw it happen in minimum 2 of our matches i can remember off the top of my head. someone puts the flag through the box a little too far and the refs freak out because you clearly have ill will and malicious intents towards the netting. GOD FORBID YOU HURT THE BOX NET! its very sensitive and doesnt take kindly to violence directed towards it.

this is THE STUPIDEST rule i have EVER heard of. the point is over, its done, the other team lost the point. you are running to the box to get the tying point in and in your sprint to beat the clock you put the flag too far into the box. oh well...**** you right? you just ****ed yourself bad because you are trying to win a very serious point. or in the case of 187, you slip when you get to the box because there is paint all over the ground and they dont give you the point because you are clumsy.

if you are going to have a rule like this that is clearly designed to protect someone who is in the box from a penalty from getting plowed into... make the rule if the player in the box is forcefully contacted then the point can be nullified. but if nobody is in the box, who the hell cares... he isnt harming anyone, except for maybe the nets feelings.

also... reffing... really really needs some consistency. a person who may have gotten just pulled for a pack hit he clearly didnt know was there... gets a major the next half for the same thing. since when has a pack hit warranted a MAJOR penalty... that is a huge deal! anyway... we had an almost perfect season and to be honest through pretty much the whole season we didnt have anything good to say about the reffing. from watching games to playing games, there were tons of things that i saw that just were not right.

on the topic of photography... i agree get rid of the leagues stranglehold on media. there are some very talented videographers that should be able to videotape the league and make mixes or videos without issue. like someone said... you really are just hurting yourselves with less exposure... outside some old videos that have ended up on youtube, NOBODY would know about the axbl and their videos unless they visited the website...which obviously alot of people have not.

2 matches an event is a must... i was pretty pissed to drive 8.5 hours to play 1 hour of pball. not a very smart idea to have your furthest drive have one 1 match for you.

locations: get rid of sodus... its garbage, sure the fields were pretty nice, but besides that, the drive was terrible and there was nothing in the surrounding area minus the motts apple factory. i agree with everyone saying have another event in ma/ct, one in jersey or somewhere around there, an upstate ny, maybe at that grc place people are talking about and aapp i could see again.

byes: ya that could work too. if we have the same 6 matches again like this season you could have 2 matches per event and be done in 3 and have one as a bye for you. preferably having your furthest location your bye.

thats what i can think of at 2:30 and i got class tomorrow lol
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 AM #97
raiderpaintball09

Hoofhearted, visually implied and phamous all takes great pictures, but why are we bashing them? theyre just doing their job. Since we the players and owners pay so much money in this league why couldnt we demand which photographer we want during our game time? Some people like phamous, others prefer visually implied and some.. like myself like hoofhearted. I think its a personally choice- who you feel as players or a team prefer. I think it might be a good idea to reserve your choice photographer before the season starts- its just a thought so dont bash me for this one lol.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 AM #98
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Actually - it's a league choice. The league owns the rights to the product. They can pick who ever they want to be the league photographer. They don't limit who else can take photos - but they do charge for the right - as they should. Again - the league owns the product. Why should an outside photographer be allowed to profit off pictures taken at the event (by selling their services to teams) and the league gets nothing from it. The real trick here is balancing that fee against what photographers can realistically make. The fee can't/shouldn't be so high that the photographer can't make their money back plus a little.

just my two cents worth.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:24 AM #99
raiderpaintball09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Actually - it's a league choice. The league owns the rights to the product. They can pick who ever they want to be the league photographer. They don't limit who else can take photos - but they do charge for the right - as they should. Again - the league owns the product. Why should an outside photographer be allowed to profit off pictures taken at the event (by selling their services to teams) and the league gets nothing from it. The real trick here is balancing that fee against what photographers can realistically make. The fee can't/shouldn't be so high that the photographer can't make their money back plus a little.

just my two cents worth.
very true
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 AM #100
raiderpaintball09

One thing i would like to see in 2010 is the events held in areas where there is some life.. example- the event 4 in PA was fun because you step outside your hotel and there was a strip of malls, restaurants, and there was a place down the street with golf and go-karts. With Sodus there wasnt really anything to do for the 2 days we were there both events.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 AM #101
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
Regarding the flag hang rule... my suggestion a while back was to place a pole on either side of the start box. To hang the flag, a player must touch a pole without stepping out of bounds. The players hand/arm can cross the line as much as they like as long as no part of their body touches the ground out off bounds. The pole would be would be pushed over if a player accidently crashes into it. This would require the league to make/purchase 12 poles (3 fields x 2 sides x 2 per side). It could be as simple as six foot sections of narrow pvc pipe painted bright orange, slid over top a foot long section of rebar inserted part way into the ground.

I think an idea similar to this would address the safety issues and player concerns.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback

Last edited by KMA : 09-29-2009 at 11:52 AM.
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 PM #102
daryl512

[quote=AdReNaLiN jUnKeE;62287792]tell that to the refs.... i witnessed it multiple times and saw it happen in minimum 2 of our matches i can remember off the top of my head. someone puts the flag through the box a little too far and the refs freak out because you clearly have ill will and malicious intents towards the netting. GOD FORBID YOU HURT THE BOX NET! its very sensitive and doesnt take kindly to violence directed towards it.

this is THE STUPIDEST rule i have EVER heard of. the point is over, its done, the other team lost the point. you are running to the box to get the tying point in and in your sprint to beat the clock you put the flag too far into the box. oh well...**** you right? you just ****ed yourself bad because you are trying to win a very serious point. or in the case of 187, you slip when you get to the box because there is paint all over the ground and they dont give you the point because you are clumsy. Where is this a rule?

also... reffing... really really needs some consistency. a person who may have gotten just pulled for a pack hit he clearly didnt know was there... gets a major the next half for the same thing. since when has a pack hit warranted a MAJOR penalty... that is a huge deal! anyway... we had an almost perfect season and to be honest through pretty much the whole season we didnt have anything good to say about the reffing. from watching games to playing games, there were tons of things that i saw that just were not right. Iv seen majors thrown for pack hits when a player is it in the pack and trys to look for a hit and does not see one, then keeps shooting. by him looking for it makes it obvious that he felt a hit.[/color]

on the topic of photography... i agree get rid of the leagues stranglehold on media. there are some very talented videographers that should be able to videotape the league and make mixes or videos without issue. like someone said... you really are just hurting yourselves with less exposure... outside some old videos that have ended up on youtube, NOBODY would know about the axbl and their videos unless they visited the website...which obviously alot of people have not.
ANYONE can get a media pass ANYONE

2 matches an event is a must... i was pretty pissed to drive 8.5 hours to play 1 hour of pball. not a very smart idea to have your furthest drive have one 1 match for you. Football, baseball, hockey, ect all travel hours and many miles to play one game. and the go home.

locations: get rid of sodus... its garbage, sure the fields were pretty nice, but besides that, the drive was terrible and there was nothing in the surrounding area minus the motts apple factory. i agree with everyone saying have another event in ma/ct, one in jersey or somewhere around there, an upstate ny, maybe at that grc place people are talking about and aapp i could see again. Im amazed how many people cry about this. the village of Sodus is no more than 5 min away where their is a few dinners, gas stations grocery stores BARS ect.
daryl512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 PM #103
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl512 View Post
Football, baseball, hockey, ect all travel hours and many miles to play one game. and the go home.
Not at this level. Professionals, yes, but they are paid to do so and their expenses are paid. Collegiate, expenses are still paid. High school, maximum travel time of 1.5 hours unless going to a tournament where more than one game is played.

Multiple matches should be played at tournaments. You're comparing tournaments to games and even then you fail to realize how unique our sport is. Please, think before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl512 View Post
Im amazed how many people cry about this. the village of Sodus is no more than 5 min away where their is a few dinners, gas stations grocery stores BARS ect.
The closest hotel is like 20 minutes away. Once those couple book, you're screwed. It's not even a paintball field and most of us don't consider it civilization when there are more cows than people.

Last edited by iRoNiQ : 09-29-2009 at 12:21 PM.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM #104
Stealthgunz1
Shawn Griffin

I agree with the above. Make this league a scene, have the vents somewhere where people will notice it. Idk if its cost effective, but with how much everyone pays i think something a little more can be done to make this thing prime time. I mean sodus? there wasn't anything for miles. things can be done to get a better spectator turnout, more vendors, all that. So do that! hopefully as the league gets older this gets better

Ithaca Field6 Fanclub #1
Stealthgunz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM #105
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgunz1 View Post
I agree with the above. Make this league a scene, have the vents somewhere where people will notice it. Idk if its cost effective, but with how much everyone pays i think something a little more can be done to make this thing prime time. I mean sodus? there wasn't anything for miles. things can be done to get a better spectator turnout, more vendors, all that. So do that! hopefully as the league gets older this gets better
do what the psp does have events at some other locations then fields