Community Focus

Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM #1
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Comments on the 2009 season / What do you want to see for 2010?

We do this after every season. If you guys keep it respectable, this thread stays up and you don't get infracted.

Share what you liked AND disliked about the 2009 season, and why.
Share what you would like to see CHANGED for the 2010 season, and why.
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2009, 04:41 PM #2
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
I really hope a concerted effort is made to have a trained, consistent reffing staff that is not made up of AXBL/MXL players next season.

I'd also like to see the stats either kept up on a regular basis. If that can't happen, then just get rid of it. No use in keeping stats if they're inaccurate and untimely.

Everything else was great.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:48 PM #3
paranoidmonkey7
You sir are not Touch!

paranoidmonkey7 plays in the PSP
paranoidmonkey7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paranoidmonkey7 plays in the APPA D4 division
for the 09 season all

but i would like to see somewhat of a "change" for the 2010 season...it really isn't a change really, but for the teams to get relegated and promoted, since there will only be two conferences in the up coming season i think the number of teams that move up or down should become 4 making it 2 per conference. I think this would result in teams fight harder to stay in both the mxl and axbl and give more chances for the new teams in the rxl to move up to a division that may be a better skill match up for them.
TNNK #11 '09 & '10 & '11
paranoidmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:01 PM #4
Venom14
Pittsburgh Ascendancy

Venom14 plays in the PSP
Venom14 plays in the APPA D4 division
This was my first year in the AXBL/MXL. Thought it was very nice and pretty well run. My biggest complaint was the venues. I realize that they can get very expensive, but thought the one in Boston and 2 in New York were just bad facilities. Yes, I am a bit spoiled in the fact that I practice at AAPP every weekend, but think that a fairground or a sporting facility would be a great place to hold events. Of course if they were cost effective.

I know alot of people are going to complain alot in this thread about the refs. I though they did a very good job in all our matches and ones I watched. Of course there were missed calls, but it was all pretty consistant. We had calls go for us and against us, but I thought the reffing was fair and done well.

Rules... maybe a revamping of some of them. Mostly the hand through the net or box when hanging the flag. I'm sure there are other ones that should be thought about and looked at changing.
Venom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:37 PM #5
Skipperdawg
Go Big or Go Homo

Skipperdawg is a Paintball photographer
Skipperdawg plays in the PSP
Skipperdawg supports Team VICIOUS
Skipperdawg is Legendary
Only real complaint I had was the fact that the gun range was open in Boston and that I was shot in the head with buckshot. If we go back there, keep the rest of the gun ranges closed for those two days. Other than that you know the venues could have been larger but no real concerns. Reffing wasn't the best but it was pretty consistent and fair to both teams. All in all good season.

RIP SkipsPics - I'll Miss You Vicious - Photomob
Jerky Bob Fan Club - WVU Paintball - PPSC
Greensburg Distortion MXL #3 - Eastern Conf Champs 2009 We Came, We Won, They Canceled the League
My Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1461486
Skipperdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:38 PM #6
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom14 View Post
This was my first year in the AXBL/MXL. Thought it was very nice and pretty well run. My biggest complaint was the venues. I realize that they can get very expensive, but thought the one in Boston and 2 in New York were just bad facilities. Yes, I am a bit spoiled in the fact that I practice at AAPP every weekend, but think that a fairground or a sporting facility would be a great place to hold events. Of course if they were cost effective.

I know alot of people are going to complain alot in this thread about the refs. I though they did a very good job in all our matches and ones I watched. Of course there were missed calls, but it was all pretty consistant. We had calls go for us and against us, but I thought the reffing was fair and done well.

Rules... maybe a revamping of some of them. Mostly the hand through the net or box when hanging the flag. I'm sure there are other ones that should be thought about and looked at changing.
I agree with your comments about the Sodus facility, but what was so bad about Maynard?

I'm curious, because I've played there quite a bit and they have done a good job of continuing to improve their facilities.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:29 PM #7
Kr3wpaintball

Kr3wpaintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidmonkey7 View Post
since there will only be two conferences in the up coming season i think the number of teams that move up or down should become 4 making it 2 per conference. I think this would result in teams fight harder to stay in both the mxl and axbl and give more chances for the new teams in the rxl to move up to a division that may be a better skill match up for them.
And some ranking system, so players or teams that get bumped down, can't just change teams/ teams changing names, or at least some way that keeps track of how many players that get bumped down, are on a new team, in the same league. Does that make sense?
Kr3wpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 PM #8
been around

problem with rules

I have a problem with the guesting rule. It seems that some teams that are associated with other teams that have a common owner are at a severe disadvantage. Especially in the MXL. Many teams do not have access to a large player base and are at a disadvantage before the season even starts. Most teams do not have the of luxury moving players around so that they can make sure they win their key MXL matches and then bump them up to the AXBL when needed.
been around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:05 PM #9
been around

Schedule of matches.

I believe that the schedules should be made at the owners meeting, in a random order, in front of the team owners. It would insure fairness to all and would help level the playing field. Especially in regards to whom plays whom at which event and what time a teams plays. Their is no reason why the process should not be transparent.
been around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 PM #10
Venom14
Pittsburgh Ascendancy

Venom14 plays in the PSP
Venom14 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbob1088 View Post
I agree with your comments about the Sodus facility, but what was so bad about Maynard?

I'm curious, because I've played there quite a bit and they have done a good job of continuing to improve their facilities.
Please dont get me wrong. I thought the place in Maynard would have been a good place to play and practice. I just didnt like it as a place to hold a tournament of that size. It just seemed a little small and out of the way. The fields were not level and one of our players guested on an AXBL team and had to get stitches from the turf. Please dont take it the wrong way, I am sure the field is great to play weekly and seem to take care of their players. Just was overwhelmed by the number of people.
Venom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:56 PM #11
hoofhearted
Spec Ops Shooter

hoofhearted is a Supporting Member
hoofhearted is a Paintball photographer
hoofhearted supports Cereal Killerz 2
I loved Maynard, clean professional. very nice....long drive but still loved it!

Rest in Peace Eric Ocasio
hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:57 PM #12
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
I really hope a concerted effort is made to have a trained, consistent reffing staff that is not made up of AXBL/MXL players next season.
QFT.

Check them before you throw the flag is the biggest thing to work on.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 PM #13
raiderpaintball09

i would like to see an allstar game for the MXL. MXL players train and compete just as hard as the AXBL so i think they deserve it.
raiderpaintball09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:09 AM #14
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by been around View Post
I have a problem with the guesting rule. It seems that some teams that are associated with other teams that have a common owner are at a severe disadvantage. Especially in the MXL. Many teams do not have access to a large player base and are at a disadvantage before the season even starts. Most teams do not have the of luxury moving players around so that they can make sure they win their key MXL matches and then bump them up to the AXBL when needed.
That's part of being a good owner

my biggest suggestions from and owner and player perspective are reffing and league photographer. I'm not going to beat a dead horse on reffing and I know mitch and Travis know this game well and will make the adjustments needed. Maybe only running 2 fields will help this.

Don and hoofhearted have been loyal to this league and I would hate to see them go but I think the work of visually implied photography speaks for itself and is the clear choice for 2010. Please don't butcher joes work when it goes on the axbl website
Old 09-26-2009, 01:29 AM #15
danbob1088
succisa virescit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom14 View Post
Please dont get me wrong. I thought the place in Maynard would have been a good place to play and practice. I just didnt like it as a place to hold a tournament of that size. It just seemed a little small and out of the way. The fields were not level and one of our players guested on an AXBL team and had to get stitches from the turf. Please dont take it the wrong way, I am sure the field is great to play weekly and seem to take care of their players. Just was overwhelmed by the number of people.
Not at all, I agree with you as well in many respects - I was just curious as to why.

flickr
Old 09-26-2009, 02:53 AM #16
ctpaintballa42

I do believe a change of venues would be good. Besides reffing, which was consistent, yet they seemed touchy to throw flags. Overall, I had a good experience with the AXBL, they seem to have a top notch regional program running well for such tough times.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 AM #17
hoofhearted
Spec Ops Shooter

hoofhearted is a Supporting Member
hoofhearted is a Paintball photographer
hoofhearted supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma11 View Post
That's part of being a good owner

Don and hoofhearted have been loyal to this league and I would hate to see them go but I think the work of visually implied photography speaks for itself and is the clear choice for 2010. Please don't butcher joes work when it goes on the axbl website
Dont worry we're not going anywhere at all! We'll be coming back for 2k10 for sure!

Rest in Peace Eric Ocasio
hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:38 AM #18
trogdor444

id like to see more than just the top MXL team per division moving up to AXBL.....obviously my team finished 2nd but the other two 2nd place finishers (Baltimore and Annapolis) were also very solid teams and in my opinion better than quite a handful of 09 AXBL teams....plus i believe those teams are tryin to buy their way into axbl anyways and rightfully so cuz their talent deserves it

Section 8
trogdor444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:46 PM #19
DVC_Hicks
QUACK QUACK!!

Annual Supporting Member
DVC_Hicks plays in the PSP
DVC_Hicks donated to help Peyton Trent
DVC_Hicks is playing at Living Legends VI
DVC_Hicks supports Team VICIOUS
DVC_Hicks plays in the APPA D4 division
DVC_Hicks has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
DVC_Hicks supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor444 View Post
id like to see more than just the top MXL team per division moving up to AXBL.....obviously my team finished 2nd but the other two 2nd place finishers (Baltimore and Annapolis) were also very solid teams and in my opinion better than quite a handful of 09 AXBL teams....plus i believe those teams are tryin to buy their way into axbl anyways and rightfully so cuz their talent deserves it
I thought it was the top 2 from each MXL division were getting moved up to the AXBL since there are 6 teams from the AXBL moving down. I guess I could be wrong...
2013 AES Dallas Ducks #18
2013 PSP Ohio Extraction #18

Bob Long = Greatest guns on the market. Period.
DVC_Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:55 PM #20
danbob1088
succisa virescit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC_Hicks View Post
I thought it was the top 2 from each MXL division were getting moved up to the AXBL since there are 6 teams from the AXBL moving down. I guess I could be wrong...
They are lowering the number of teams, as far as I am aware. It is 2 in each division plus a couple wild card, or something like that, going down.

flickr
Old 09-26-2009, 02:37 PM #21
enviousjohn

enviousjohn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
enviousjohn posts videos on PbNation
enviousjohn is reppin' sidebar 4 life
enviousjohn has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm playing this season, and I'd like to see at least two matches per team per event. If that means less events, more reffs, playing Friday, more fields... I'd like to get two matches per event.
enviousjohn is offline   Reply With Quote