Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM #1
Furb

Post What special gear would you need?

What special gear would i need for a scenario game? (24 hr game) i know the basics:
1. food
2. water
3. socks, undergarments, clothes
4. gun (back up gun)
5. paintballs
6. pod pack
7. money, cash, keys, phone
8. deodorant
9. mask
10. gun oil an spare parts

what special gear would i need? just tell me off the list or from your ideas
1. ghillie suit
2. paintball grenades
3. radio
4. tent
5. backpack (to carry special gear)
6. matches (if it gets cold)
7. flashlight
8. rope and camo blanket (make a hidden bunker on path)
9. paintball trip mines (run a fishing sting waist height)
Old 09-24-2009, 03:43 PM #2
GtrLvr
Pump Kin

GtrLvr is playing at Living Legends III
You probably won't need paint because most scenarios are FPO (but check first)
Air tank(s)
Bug spray
Sunscreen if you burn easily like me
Microfiber cloths for cleaning mask and everything else.
Tools

Scenario Paintball TV(SPbTV)-Paintball videos from the Northeast and Europe
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM #3
Furb

sorry i forgot air tanks that seemed obvious tho as for bug spray that might be a good thing as well as the tools and cloth.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 AM #4
Boom Master
Scenario Player

ziplock bags to protect from sweat and water like electronic keys, cell, radio, field map, billfold, role playing cards, etc.

Carry spare tank O rings and if you use CO2 a spare burst disk fitting. Hard to find at many games.

Electrolyte replacement in addition to water.

A backup marker can save a weekend.....

Put a lanyard on your flashlight if you plan to carry it during the night game. I have two mag lights laying in the leaves somewhere until if figured that out. Hoseclamp and some cord long enough to go around your neck and fit in the designated pocket.

Ditto your field radio. I use a small mesh drawstring bag from the camping / sporting goods store. Attache the drawstring to a lanyard around my neck and stick it in my breast pocket. SEVERAL times I have found it dangling at my side.

Cord or heavy string. Many of the strings provided by the fields for the role playing cards and credentials are just plain wimpy. Or a landyard made for that purpose.

Spare mask or TWO. If you sweated in your mask all day long, it is really handy to have a fresh dry mask for the night game to reduce fogging. You often need that at night games even if you have a Thermal Anti fog mask.

Spray bottle full of water to spray paint off your mask and then dry with the cloth. By mid day you will be wiping gooh with a gooh rag if you don't carry multiple rags and or a spray bottle.

Bic type Disposible Lighter instead of matches. They can be soaking wet and still LIGHT....

Rain Gear for you AND your marker... Bass Pro has lovely camo pattern plastic bags at the store. Make great "gun ponchos"

I don't try to cover my hopper. I water proof it. Petroleum Jelly finger wiped into the seam of the two halves will keep water out of the electronics and paint. Another finger wipe of vaseline around the outside lip of the hopper cover. Another finger wipe where the hopper inserts into the marker feedneck. Does the trick.

Barrel porting and rain are not compatable. Rain gets inside the barrel tip and seriously affects accruacy just like broken paint in the barrel. Carry some tape to cover up the ports completely. I have an autococker and I just use the stock unported barrel. Bought a stock spyder barrel for $5 and cut off the porting on it for the boy.

Undergarmets. Briefs will chaffe you in a bad way. Wear Boxers and liberally apply some of that petroleum jelly. The guys walking bow legged with a grim look on their faces don't know this. Talk to the ex military about why they wear boxers instead of briefs...
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:26 PM #5
Furb

ok cool anything else i might need?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM #6
RobBallz
The_Ballz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Undergarmets. Briefs will chaffe you in a bad way. Wear Boxers and liberally apply some of that petroleum jelly. The guys walking bow legged with a grim look on their faces don't know this. Talk to the ex military about why they wear boxers instead of briefs...
oh yeah even after a mile or 2 you begin to chaffe and then its downhill from there
Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 PM #7
BPplayer123

BPplayer123 helped look for balloons
Deffinatly get the under garmets.
BPplayer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM #8
Furb

yea that seems the most obvious.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 AM #9
Justin BossPB
Boss Company

Justin BossPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
put deodorant on your balls before the game. It will keep them dry a lot longer. no joke its legit. Also dont forget your barrel sock and squeegee and its always a good idea to have extra pods in the staging area since most people typically lose 1 or 2 during a 24 hour game.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Justin BossPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 PM #10
Furb

realy dude seriously?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:37 PM #11
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
always pack twice as many socks and underwear as you originally planned. And always bring a case of water with you. Every time you leave the field for air or paint, down some water. Dehydration is a soldier's worst enemy, second only to complacency.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:23 PM #12
CaNoLi
UMBRELLAS

wellll dont forget baby wipes and paper towels for when u poop lol u need wipes to wipe the seats and stuff it will come in handy
Old 12-19-2009, 12:47 AM #13
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
What??? Seriously???

Some of the responces in this thread just make me shake my head... Its a 24 hour game and you are going to shower afterward, its not like your going to field for 2 weeks and are trying to delay getting fumund cheese.

What to bring to a scenario game? Everything you would bring for an over night camping trip + everything you would bring for a day of playing paintball.

I doubt you will need ghillie suit, unless you are one of those guys. (To be honest most of the games I have gone to there is about 1 ghillie for every 150-200 normal players)

Don't bring your back pack on the field, it will just slow you down and you'll either get shot out, run out of paint or air long beforeyou will need any of your "Supplies".

Skip the pancho and rope. Unless you plan being a "Camper" some place, but them you aren't helping your team or playing for that matter are you?

Paintball trip mines- the biggest problem is these games are fluid and go back and forth (Think about it the closer you are to their base/reinsertion point means teh farther away form yours you are. So their re-enforcements will get to you a lot quicker than yours will) By planting a pb mine you have a 50% of blasting your own team.

My best advice to you is...
Play the scenario game like you would a speedball game, leave everything you don't need to play in your car/tent, and finally dummy cord your keys to yourself.
Lazarusrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:06 PM #14
CaNoLi
UMBRELLAS

and yes i have a portable shower if its 24 hours you dont play all through the night u stop at a certain time.....welll i like to shower after the first day.i guess u just rough it witch i dont like to do but people do it .
Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM #15
-Waldo-

-Waldo- plays in the PSP
-Waldo- is playing at Living Legends III
-Waldo- is attending Decay of Nations VI
This is what my team use's it can work for you guys as well

http://www.deltapaintball.com/public...vent-checklist
Old 12-20-2009, 03:14 PM #16
_ZIPPY_

_ZIPPY_ supports Sherwood Forest
Ohkay first of all you cannot bring rope and a blanket on the field to make a bunker...and trip wires are not allowed unless it is a single piece of sewing thread not fishline and also it must be checked in with the event director and head ref prior to bringing it on the field.

Check out deltas checklist

Marnet IT Consulting and Services

www.Paintballer187.com

Last edited by _ZIPPY_ : 01-26-2010 at 01:52 AM.
_ZIPPY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:34 AM #17
Boom Master
Scenario Player

If you feel an overwhelming need to shower fine. Motel 6. If the wife goes, it IS a motel with a jacuzzi IN the room and a bottle of Jim Beam for medicinal purposes...

Me I'm too tired to care if I stink or anyone else in the camper with me.

You can bring anything on the field that they approve in advance. Don't just show up and expect it to be allowed. We hung up paintball netting on a closeline near our HQ perimeter for the night game. Used our BIG spotlight to scan the outside of the perimeter through it and drew a lot fire from the enemy. Helped our HQ security. Kept them frustrated since they were SURE they put enough paint on that light to kill the guy holding it.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:41 AM #18
indy007
ND Toy Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
What special gear would i need for a scenario game? (24 hr game) i know the basics:
Depends on what you're doing. Done about 20 games using nothing but a mask. Otherwise, unless it's custom toys, you need a marker ready to go (air, hopper), a pack, tool kit, and a mask. A radio might help if you have friends. Otherwise that's it. Don't let people talk you into bringing your entire house with you, you just won't ever use it.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 AM #19
camopaint0707

sub'd
camopaint0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:41 PM #20
Barry_Pyron

sorry i forgot
Barry_Pyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM #21
kalebach

pack batteries and oil/lube