Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 PM #1
austin676
 
 
austin676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
austin676 plays in the PSP
austin676 posts videos on PbNation
austin676 plays in the APPA D3 division
Ego 8 Noid Leaking!!!

like the title says i just bought a ego 8 off a guy in my city and it worked fine all day, i took it home to clean. put it back together and when i aired it up... it was leaking from the noid


anyone know a simple fix or something i should check for???


help is wanted!!!!!
austin676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2009, 07:36 AM #2
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master
 
DSDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Drum, NY
DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Is it leaking from the Solenoid itself or the QEV block?

If it is leaknig from the QEV block the most likely problem is the QEV diaphram.
__________________
2 complete 08 ego players setups
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 AM #3
bigbadbabey
-1
 
bigbadbabey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thornton, Colorado
bigbadbabey plays in the PSP
bigbadbabey donated to help Peyton Trent
Try replacing all the rammer o-rings, sometimes thats the problem.
bigbadbabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM #4
austin676
 
 
austin676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
austin676 plays in the PSP
austin676 posts videos on PbNation
austin676 plays in the APPA D3 division
its not the QEV diaphram, its leaking from the solenoid...

and should i still replace the orings on the rammer if they are in good condition?
austin676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 PM #5
bigbadbabey
-1
 
bigbadbabey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thornton, Colorado
bigbadbabey plays in the PSP
bigbadbabey donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin676 View Post
its not the QEV diaphram, its leaking from the solenoid...

and should i still replace the orings on the rammer if they are in good condition?
it cant hurt also check your LPR piston, make sure that o-ring is good and make sure the black seal on the bottom is still their and in good shape
bigbadbabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 PM #6
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
- Swap out 2 of the rammer orings. #9 in the front, #11 in the rear (see page 55/56 of your manual).
- Please check the LPR to be sure it is assembled correctly (page 53/54 of the manual). Also while you have it apart inspect the piston. There should be a small plastic-like piece pressed into the skinny end of the piston shaft. This is called the LPR piston regulator seat.
LPR piston: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...rpiston08.aspx
- Inspect the front QEV caps on the QEV block. If you overtighten the rear grip cover screws it will bend/break them (page 65, figure 17.1).
Front Cap: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...rqevblock.aspx
- Check the front QEV diaphragm. Be sure it isn't cut or torn. It should be one solid piece (page 64/65 of the manual).
Diaphragm: http://paintballshowcase.com/search.aspx?find=diaphragm
- Airline: http://paintballshowcase.com/pneumat...deyourego.aspx

Oring kit: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...ngkitego8.aspx
Online manual: http://planeteclipse.com/Folders/Dow...s/EG8MVOL1.pdf

Please keep me informed of your progress.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:45 PM #7
austin676
 
 
austin676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
austin676 plays in the PSP
austin676 posts videos on PbNation
austin676 plays in the APPA D3 division
i did everything you told me to do bill and it is still rapidly leaking, i took it to my local gun tech a few hours ago. hopefully he can figure it out. thanks for your help anyways
austin676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:01 PM #8
kwoodpaintballer87
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
ive actually been having the same problem, worked fine, cleanded it, then started leaking right away. the shop instantly said i need a new noid, but im hoping its something simpler, let me know if you figure it out, just in case its the same for me
__________________
WTB Dye DAM

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:49 PM #9
austin676
 
 
austin676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
austin676 plays in the PSP
austin676 posts videos on PbNation
austin676 plays in the APPA D3 division
will do
austin676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:09 AM #10
theoneuafter
 
 
theoneuafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Jersey
theoneuafter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So both are leaking after cleaning? Hmm.
theoneuafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:27 AM #11
BadRabbit
I came to bring the pain
 
BadRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodhaven, Michigan
didnt happen to put the valves in backwards did you?
BadRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 AM #12
kwoodpaintballer87
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Annual Supporting Member
went thru and checked everything on mine, its coming from where the gasket is between the noid, and the black piece that the hoses run into, looks like the guy before me, screwed the grip screws in far enough that it dug into the black piece
__________________
WTB Dye DAM

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:53 AM #13
DCSALEM
ObScene-GEO
 
DCSALEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Housespring, MO
DCSALEM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Solenoid Leaking from back its not my qev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
- Swap out 2 of the rammer orings. #9 in the front, #11 in the rear (see page 55/56 of your manual).
- Please check the LPR to be sure it is assembled correctly (page 53/54 of the manual). Also while you have it apart inspect the piston. There should be a small plastic-like piece pressed into the skinny end of the piston shaft. This is called the LPR piston regulator seat.
LPR piston: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...rpiston08.aspx
- Inspect the front QEV caps on the QEV block. If you overtighten the rear grip cover screws it will bend/break them (page 65, figure 17.1).
Front Cap: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...rqevblock.aspx
- Check the front QEV diaphragm. Be sure it isn't cut or torn. It should be one solid piece (page 64/65 of the manual).
Diaphragm: http://paintballshowcase.com/search.aspx?find=diaphragm
- Airline: http://paintballshowcase.com/pneumat...deyourego.aspx

Oring kit: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...ngkitego8.aspx
Online manual: http://planeteclipse.com/Folders/Dow...s/EG8MVOL1.pdf

Please keep me informed of your progress.
Ya im having trouble with my Ego8 too yours sound similer to mine i first thought it was the qev then the qev diagrams: solenoid leaking from back but if it, i push forward on the noid it stops if i push back on it it starts up, But once i push forward on the noid its stops and ever things OK, is there something wrong with it or is it just sitting out of place in the body? qev and qev diagrams have been replaced and i know its the solenoid
__________________
i miss paintball guys =(

Last edited by DCSALEM : 09-29-2009 at 03:51 AM.
DCSALEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM #14
TMoNeE
 
 
TMoNeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
TMoNeE helped look for balloons
My noid is leaking also.. i changed the rammer rings, I used the lpr and hpr off my other ego 8 that is working, the qev caps appear to be normal from what I can tell. Havent got into the qev block yet.. it is leaking out of the two small holes on the bottom front... do I have a chance its caused by something in the qev or is the noid screwed

__________________
3 NIB Ego 7 CCU kits
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post63484149
TMoNeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:35 PM #15
are_you_alive
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoNeE View Post
My noid is leaking also.. i changed the rammer rings, I used the lpr and hpr off my other ego 8 that is working, the qev caps appear to be normal from what I can tell. Havent got into the qev block yet.. it is leaking out of the two small holes on the bottom front... do I have a chance its caused by something in the qev or is the noid screwed

That is exactely what mine does aswell. So is there a solution for this?
are_you_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:17 PM #16
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY/NJ/NC
Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chances are your missing the small rubber bumper the fits in the small end of the LPR piston. It makes the noid to over pressurize and vent threw that hole

It would be at the very top of this picture.
__________________
ENJOY THE GRIND
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM #17
are_you_alive
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Thanks a lot, it seems that the bumber is gone. Now i will have to get a new one. Is there a chance that the noid is damaged because of that.
are_you_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM #18
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY/NJ/NC
Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by are_you_alive View Post
Thanks a lot, it seems that the bumber is gone. Now i will have to get a new one. Is there a chance that the noid is damaged because of that.
No thats why it vents to prevent that from happening
__________________
ENJOY THE GRIND
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump