Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2009, 11:10 AM #22
angelballa93

I noticed that the 1st Indoor event is on a Sunday, Dec 6th. Then the following is a Saturday, and the last is a Sat-sun. Are all these dates confirmed.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2009, 04:04 PM #23
Collin50060
@cepcherry

Collin50060 is a Professional paintball player
Collin50060 plays in the PSP
Collin50060 donated to help Peyton Trent
Are there any more pics for the first place in Indiana? Is there room to coach and watch and all that jazz?

Collin50060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:55 PM #24
Tapper

Plex Link

Here is the link to Plex: http://www.paintballplex.com/static.asp?path=3004

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:17 AM #25
xfactorfan
BASIC WHAT!?!?

xfactorfan plays in the PSP
xfactorfan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xfactorfan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xfactorfan supports Team VICIOUS
first event should be amazing. very nice facility
xfactorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM #26
Tapper

Thread updated

Prices prizes and additional info added at top of thread thank you.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM #27
Magic Cocker
Dustin

has been a member for 10 years
How much is paint? With the xball format and the prize structure I don't really see this tournament being worth the money here.

With this format you play what? 4-5 matches making it all the way through? thats like 15-20 cases of paint. So with paint and entry you're probably looking at 1200-1500 dollars for d3(assuming paint cost 40-50 a case.)

So with 10 teams in d3 (which looks like that'd be alot for this tournament) first place would get just 1000 dollars....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. I know everyone doesn't play to win money or anything but I think if there's a prize at all, first place should at least get their costs covered.

Anyone else with an opinion here?
Magic Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:01 PM #28
angelballa93

I don't know how much tournament paintball you have played but I have never recovered entry + paint at any tournament I have played, as much as I would like to. Irregardless this is still cheap paintball. CFOA entry 1300 + paint: $40-55 per case. World Cup: 2750 + paint. Check them all out and if you can find a better deal let me know and I will go play there.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 PM #29
Tapper

Paint is too cheap to advertise on a national forum!!!

Each div. is capped at 8 teams x $200 per team going to prize. Worst case you win and get your entry back and a little change. Forgive us we are trying to make this affordable for the team that comes in last as well as first.

I have researched this to no end and currently we would have to have 6 teams per div. to break even with this formula after paying host & refs...

Show me a PSP affiliate, regional Race to League where you can play top teams get as many games for as little money because I have not found it.

I could add $200 to each entry and the winner would be more than covered but 2nd - last would pay more and come up short.

I also would be interested in feedback on this.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 PM #30
c-mack

c-mack supports Cereal Killerz 2
c-mack donated to help Peyton Trent
c-mack owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballa93 View Post
I don't know how much tournament paintball you have played but I have never recovered entry + paint at any tournament I have played, as much as I would like to.
well i have but its been a long time and i dont think its ever going to happen again haha... the msxl is a great series and cheapest xball around. im looking forward to the winter series.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:12 AM #31
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
C-Mack, come tryout this weekend.

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:20 AM #32
c-mack

c-mack supports Cereal Killerz 2
c-mack donated to help Peyton Trent
c-mack owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wisdom teeth tomorrow. remember.
i dont want to talk about it. they aint even putting me to sleep
Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 AM #33
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is Boss
SNAP! Good luck, young soldier.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 AM #34
bonusballer10
All I Do Is Win

bonusballer10 plays in the PSP
bonusballer10 supports Team VICIOUS
bonusballer10 posts videos on PbNation
bonusballer10 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mack View Post
wisdom teeth tomorrow. remember.
i dont want to talk about it. they aint even putting me to sleep
dats ganna hurt!
Josh Culp #81
bonusballer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 PM #35
Magic Cocker
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballa93 View Post
I don't know how much tournament paintball you have played but I have never recovered entry + paint at any tournament I have played, as much as I would like to. Irregardless this is still cheap paintball. CFOA entry 1300 + paint: $40-55 per case. World Cup: 2750 + paint. Check them all out and if you can find a better deal let me know and I will go play there.
Honestly, I have never played a local tournament where first place didn't get a prize that payed more than what you put into it...

I've played pretty much everything there is to play in the midwest as far as tournament series and everyone of them have had excellent prize packages which easily paid for entry and paint.

Examples: Chi-Town Series, CTS, ICC

I know none of those tournaments were race to format but there has been race to tounaments that paid well. Ever hear of the Crosshair Challenge? First place was awarded entry to a psp d3 xball tournament. That was the only prize. Plus they were byop. The tournaments always had 8-10 teams... solid d3 xball teams.

I understand the costs of paying a host field and refs because I work at a field and we get asked to host tournaments in the winter all of the time. I love that tournament promoters are trying to run race-to xball style tournaments because it has rarely been done in the midwest. I just think it should be made more worth while for the teams traveling as far as they do to play.

Now I'm willing to make a bet that the teams playing this would much rather a 1600 all or nothing first prize than dividing the prizes between 3 teams.

Is there anyone playing this that would like to disagree?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 PM #36
Tapper

CTS is not a good example. It had it's day and we have former CTS officials involved in this project. CTS had high entries 5- man and FPO. I am more familiar with Leagues in the southeast and mid states not so much with the Chicago area. This League will cover 5-6 states that currently have no legit Xball leagues at a fraction of the total cost of other Regional leagues.

We will feature BYOP at all outdoor events.

I am Opposed to increasing entry just to increase the prize. With that said I love the idea of winner take all or maybe a 70/30 split 1st and 2nd? Feedback on this is encouraged strongly I will do this if the majority wants it.

I realize I can't please everyone but you will find we listen.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 PM #37
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is Boss
Honestly, I'm cool with whatever...I'm just ready for these events to get here!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:39 AM #38
Magic Cocker
Dustin

Good to hear you guys are willing to listen to the interests of the players.

If any of the teams that plan on playing this series of events are interested in seeing an all or nothing prize to give the winners some profit please let yourselves be heard. I know for sure I'd have a team in if such a change in the original prize structure was made.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:55 AM #39
Thunderstick
MacDev 4 Life

Hey, lets all go play the ICC and CTS series and make some big money and have a good time! Oh, both are belly up? CTS wasn't able to pay out their prize packages and started losing teams in 2006 when that was an issue and they had good participation. The MAXL is lower entry, but not BYOP unless you pay a $75 up charge to do so. And their payout is 200 from each team, divided 60/20/15 I think.

We aren't playing the winter games cuz we need a break from the season, but the 2010 season is a go for us. Keep the prizes the way they are in my opinion. I'm not playing to make money, but I do support this league because it offers the best competition at a reasonable price and if you hit the top 3, all of your guys spend less money cuz of the prize split.

If someone wanted to create a regional series that had a huge payout and higher entry fees to do so, they should try to. But it would fail. Good luck.

Tapp, keep it the way it is. Everyone had a good time last year and this year you have more money for prizes. I think its a win. Keep up the good work.
KILLING FOR ASYLUM
Thunderstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:44 AM #40
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
red4 plays in the PSP
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
red4 plays in the APPA D3 division
i am with thunderstick...keep the MSXL prizes the way they are. i could be wrong but i dont remember hearing any complaints about the prizes through out the season. and correct me if i am wrong...but didnt the top 3 from the series get prizes packages that paid/assisted them for cup? tapper...dont change a thing man you have a good thing going
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 AM #41
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
red4 plays in the PSP
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
red4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Cocker View Post
How much is paint? With the xball format and the prize structure I don't really see this tournament being worth the money here.

With this format you play what? 4-5 matches making it all the way through? thats like 15-20 cases of paint. So with paint and entry you're probably looking at 1200-1500 dollars for d3(assuming paint cost 40-50 a case.)

So with 10 teams in d3 (which looks like that'd be alot for this tournament) first place would get just 1000 dollars....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. I know everyone doesn't play to win money or anything but I think if there's a prize at all, first place should at least get their costs covered.

Anyone else with an opinion here?
how much did you spend to play just for fun when you first started? trust me when i say that i have played all around the world...and rarely did i spend less than 60-70 bucks to just play. field fees, air and paint adds up. i have played tourneys for a while as well...and have seen ONE that gave back more than the entry plus paint...and it wasnt cash. Warped Tournament Series...Dark Angels (5) winner take all event. entry was 300 and then you have to factor in paint...total cost for my team was around 950 or so. take a look at the lower divisions that played cup...they barely or didnt even make entry back much less paint. now factor in the cost for hotels, food, gas and other stuff...they were out a lot. but the bragging rights of being known as the best also has some value. this is just my 2 cents...it would be nice to win some healthy prizes...but lets look at reality...with the economy the way it is...cheaper events will draw more teams and grow local leagues in the region.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:55 PM #42
grantiscool
Ars longa, vita brevis

grantiscool plays in the PSP
grantiscool plays in the APPA D3 division
correct me if i'm wrong but ICC didn't give prizes at all. If you do raise entry I wouldn't really complain. But don't increase the single event payout, increase the payout for the series champions. my .02
grantiscool is offline   Reply With Quote