Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-08-2001, 07:21 AM #1
RGertner1
7th Kyu

has been a member for 10 years
Angel + Warpfeed Questions

I read through alot of posts about the Warp Feed on Angels, and I am definately leaning that way. But I am alittle confused about the difference between the 2 flavors of the Warp Feed.

What are the differences between the AGD and PTP Warps? And is the addiditonal $$$ worth it for the PTP?

Thanks Guys....
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Read all about it here: Real Ultimate Power
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2001, 08:15 AM #2
Terry2562

AGD Warp

I use an AGD Warp on my Angel and it does just fine... I use the vibration sensor built into the unit. It does take some fussing with at first, but once set works great.... Terry
Old 11-08-2001, 10:20 AM #3
Mister.44

The Proteam one also has a new neck feed to screw into your gun. I know terry has a style of angel with just a neck feed, not one that you can put a rev directly on. Also thier powerfeed adaptor is metal - not plastic.

The Proteams bracket in my opinion is a bit more adjustble.

If you decide on either one - the best thing to do is make an intellifeed cable - meaning the warp spins with every pull and is the most reliable. www.airgun.com has a walk through for DIY. Or call Rob Hoover at Pevs paintball - he does a great job on the mod.
Old 11-08-2001, 12:39 PM #4
freeflow2001

with the warpfeed setup on an angel, about how many shots do you get when the angel is shooting totally horizontal? And can you just keep on shooting a string at 14bps no stop emptying the whole hooper with the angel in the normal vertical position?

I'm really towards one, but need some more info
Old 11-08-2001, 01:01 PM #5
Terry2562

Feeding

It kinda depends on how full the hopper is.... I've shot on the left of the bunker with the gun on it's side a bunch without missing a shot, but I think the hopper's always relatively full... It determines the feeding, not the warp.... In verticle it's the same story.... I use a turborev in my hopper so I can run strings until the hoppers empty and never miss a shot... Of course I kinda doubt that I shoot 14bps, but fanning bursts I'll bet I'm close....

So, bottom line is the hopper feeding determines everything in non-stop bursts.... Short bursts of 15 or less the hopper will catch up and the warp will que them up ready for another burst....

Terry
Old 11-08-2001, 01:30 PM #6
Mister.44

If your gun is angled so that the rev cant feed the warp, then you will only get about 8 shots out of it. But thats a decent burst.

The warp IS limited to the rev, so since gravity only feeds 12.9 balls a sec, you are limited to that as your max rate of fire.

Now - the Halo has been tested on an emag at full auto at 16 bps with the warpfeed - no problems at all. When this finally comes out you will see the ability shoot alot of paint very fast and reliably!

again - I stress the intellilink will help to maximize your enjoyment of the warp.
Old 11-08-2001, 02:25 PM #7
CSPredator
=S=P=E=E=D =K=I=L=L=S

I had the AGD kit and it did work fine on my Eclipse. The next warp feed kit I'll be getting with be the Pro-team, just because I want more adjustability. That and as Mister .44 said, the powerfeed adapter is metal instead of the plastic (which broke on me). It think it actually comes with multipule adapters for different guns as well.

Warp feed is one of the best products that has come out in awhile. It will take a little while to get used to the feel of it but once you do, its great. I only used mine for one tournament and the guys on the other teams never saw me pop out to shoot them. It was great. It actually did what it promised.
Black Dust Superbolt Mini-cocker(which is actually nice)
I miss you Dad: Robert Casselberry a.k.a D.O.G. (Dirty Old Guy) June 10th 1957 - November 17th 2006. Paintball isn't as fun without you.
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=237381
Old 11-08-2001, 03:08 PM #8
RGertner1
7th Kyu

Thanks for the info. I was going to Order the AGD, but I am going to go with the PTP. I like the idea of the metal bracket over the plasic one.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Read all about it here: Real Ultimate Power
Old 11-08-2001, 03:17 PM #9
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
There's no real difference besides the PTP comes with a few more adapters and that it's $50 more...

and umm... the AGD bracket isn't plastic... it's hard aluminum...

here's a page Robert Hoover made that teaches you how to do an intellifeed mod from your gun to the Warp Feed
Old 11-08-2001, 06:09 PM #10
Terry2562

AGD

Actually the proteam one is LESS adjustable... It ONLY has the wire to the grip frame for detecting vibration.... The AGD has the wire optional and an internal sensor built into the body... Like I said earlier that sensor works fine for me... (although Mister44 has urged me to change it many times)

The feed adapter was plastic on my early model warp..and it did break at the screw that tightens it onto the vert adapter of the gun... I dremmeled it off and made my own tightening mechanisim...but you can always order the metal adapter from proteam....

Also, I like the AGD feed hose better than the proteam one... AGD's is much more flexible for bending around stuff like hoppers and frames... The proteam hose is stiffer....

Terry
Old 11-08-2001, 08:16 PM #11
CSPredator
=S=P=E=E=D =K=I=L=L=S

I thought that the Pro Team warp had a different mounting bracket? I swear that I read in the review that it was a 2-piece mounting bracket. That is what I was talking about as far as adjustibility. When I had my warp on my Eclipse, the AGD bracked didn't let me fine tune the position enough as far as how far forward or back I wanted the unit. So the hopper wasn't as close to the gun as I would have liked it.
I miss you Dad: Robert Casselberry a.k.a D.O.G. (Dirty Old Guy) June 10th 1957 - November 17th 2006. Paintball isn't as fun without you.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:33 PM #12
Terry2562

Oh yeah

Jeez... your exactly right... I forgot about that.... I wonder what proteam charges for that?? Thanks CSPredator.... Terry
Old 11-08-2001, 09:40 PM #13
CSPredator
=S=P=E=E=D =K=I=L=L=S

I don't know how much the charge for it, but it would be nice to be able to buy it seperately. I'd rather have the internal sensor of the AGD unit. PTP doesn't have any of the warp feed parts on their web site, besides gun adapters, so I'm not sure what the sell seperately. We'd probably have to call them.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:12 PM #14
Terry2562

Yep

Yeah they don't list it on the web site, you have to call... The reason I know about the hose is because I ordered it from them thinking it was what I wanted and I didn't like it...

Post back if you find out their price of the grip adapter...

Also, If I remember right the proteam hose is a smidge bigger diameter than the agd hose so ya may have to add tape or something to make the agd hose fit the proteam connector... Be sure to ask them about it though... I seem to remember they had more than one type of hose...maybe they have more than one type of connector.....

Terry
Old 11-09-2001, 08:20 AM #15
smurf
The Almighty Smurfzilla

I had a PTP warp and had all the PTP parts replaced w/ AGD ones at cup. The PTP bracket put the warp too far forward IMHO. It was uncomfortable to hold. If you like to use your reg/foregrip, the PTP might not be for you. You seem to have more adjustability w/ the PTP bracket. However, I couldn't get it anywhere near comfortable for me. The AGD one is perfect for me.

Also the PTP metal powerfeed has a lip on the inside. Most RP paints would catch this lip and prevent paint from falling into the marker. I replaced this w/ the AGD plastic one and have no problems now.

I've tried both, and the AGD one worked out better for me. I would also like to thank the guys at AGD. They replaced these parts free of charge when I was at cup.

smurf.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:31 PM #16
Bad Dave

Bad Dave is a founding member
Don't be afraid to drill that mounting bracket to allow u to fit your warp where u want it. Stock the bracket allows u to mount the warp forward or backward, I have drilled anoter hole in there which makes it 90 degrees from your grip frame so u can get that hopper in tight.

I would also recommend drilling a hole through your hopper and running the warp hose through it to create a much tighter profile.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:10 PM #17
BlackVCG

BlackVCG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BlackVCG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The Revy will feed about 80% of the hopper at a 45 degree angle. Completely horizontal the Warp will be able to feed about 8-10 balls and the same for upside down. I will stress that when you get a Warp, spend some time adjusting it so that it feels right and getting out and practicing with it at least three days. It will eventually grow on you and you'll be able to play positions that weren't possible before. Remember, no more shooting off-hand. Just tilt the gun and shoot with the gun at a 45 degree angle. If you're playing with the Warp properly, you won't be holding the gun straight up and down. Always hold it at an angle when you're coming out either side of the bunker to limit your exposure.

If you plan on running any gun off the vibration sensor, make sure to put in a 9V and hold primer button, or turn up the sensitivity adjuster to the point that it spins freely and run it for about 5 minutes to break in the carbon brushes in the motor. It won't be as sensitive at first because the carbon brushes are sparking when they're new, but if your run in the motor, you'll be able to get it at the setting it should be and never have to change it. Remember, always use fresh batteries.