PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM #85
Shell-Shocked (Banned)
BBBBBBYYYYYYAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownsk8er View Post
this would be as detrimental to wdp as nationalized healthcare...
LOL! QFT!

If they do i'm gonna call it "Project Obama"
Shell-Shocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 PM #86
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

Can't say I'd tolerate a WDP Ego clone.
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 PM #87
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

has been a member for 10 years
unneeded amount of volume? lpr has hoses? still need to reduce weight? center ram housing? ram needs to be enclosed and piston style? gun is too high?

every time i see one of these threads, i see people like you post.

i'm still waiting for "Teh next Angle needs cocker threads!"
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 PM #88
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

why dont they just put the barrel in the grip frame, seriously. it would save so much weight and it would keep wdp from going out of business
Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 PM #89
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer50505 View Post
yes now there is, the a1 technically the front half of it is acting as a single elliptical shape tube while the back portion is 2 tubes from the lpr and the ram. The ram being offset makes the valve assembly offset. If they make a smaller ellipse shape lower tube, center the ram and valve assembly, and move the lpr out of that portion, which would be easier with a hoseless setup, and that would be a hell of an update.
who cares if the valve and ram are offset?

what is this hose you keep referring to?
Old PBN Feedback
Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 PM #90
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocasta View Post
why dont they just put the barrel in the grip frame, seriously. it would save so much weight and it would keep wdp from going out of business
yeah. and make it no tube. EVERYTHING INSIDE THE FRAME!
Old PBN Feedback
Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM #91
Shell-Shocked (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebago View Post
yeah. and make it no tube. EVERYTHING INSIDE THE FRAME!
You forgot to make the backplate an asa to save EVEN MORE HEIGHT!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 PM #92
jsl6v8
jsl6v8

I wouldn't mind seeing them come out with different color eyes. Todays youth seem very into the whole customizing making something yours, oh and sharing it, or forcing it upon everyone. Case in point the Scion line of cars, *** ugly poorly built cars but they sell because you can pretty much customize the whole damn thing. I really think with a new make your own anno thing, if they'd come out with different color'd eye options (hopefully on something other than the damn ribbon) when they bring out the new platform it wouldn't even have to be all that much of an improvement over the A1 fly as long as the introduction shows its an amazing and quality marker.

Sorry I used to be a marketing major, had a whole semester talking about how a shiny bottle can make a ****ty bottle of whiskey triple in value and how a name change can jump sales. A lot of times it isn't about whats on the inside of the product but what the outer appearance is like.

So yeah, I say let them add a damn pound or so and give us some sweet milling.

Last edited by jsl6v8 : 09-18-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: for the milling
jsl6v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:05 AM #93
LTHG
www.anodizeworld.com

lol, guns today have about 1/10th the customization options guns of about oh lets say 8-9 years ago had.

Mags & Cockers? Holy crap....every last screw on those guns you could buy aftermarket. Same with Angel LCD's, Impulses.....all that stuff. The youth of today are getting screwed. I cant think of 1 new upgrade for an ego, becides the board, and maybe a different reg or barrel.
LTHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:16 AM #94
greatwolf329
still sick of idiots

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHG View Post
lol, guns today have about 1/10th the customization options guns of about oh lets say 8-9 years ago had.

Mags & Cockers? Holy crap....every last screw on those guns you could buy aftermarket. Same with Angel LCD's, Impulses.....all that stuff. The youth of today are getting screwed. I cant think of 1 new upgrade for an ego, becides the board, and maybe a different reg or barrel.
very valid point. I miss the days of building up a marker piece by piece. I've seen it done with ions but those are still kind of a joke to me.... but i'd love to have the flexability that used to exist....
Old 09-18-2009, 11:23 AM #95
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

ah yes... the good old days of PL Angels and aftermarket parts...
Old PBN Feedback
Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 AM #96
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell-Shocked View Post
If you share that sentiment then maybe you should have a marker from that end of the market? :|
I love angels. I always have. But think about it. People today all concentrate on weight and size. Take as an example the nt10. The smallest and lightest high end marker to date. 1 and a half freaking pounds. But the fact of the matter is, if aps wants to stay a big name in the high end market of paint all guns, it might be time for a different approach.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM #97
Shell-Shocked (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandra View Post
I love angels. I always have. But think about it. People today all concentrate on weight and size. Take as an example the nt10. The smallest and lightest high end marker to date. 1 and a half freaking pounds. But the fact of the matter is, if aps wants to stay a big name in the high end market of paint all guns, it might be time for a different approach.
You're saying "PEOPLE" like it's the vast majority of EVERYONE when it's actually not... you don't hear scenario/woodsballers complaining about weight... **** HALF the people that even complain about angels weight don't even have one or used an lcd "way back in the day" and somehow relate that to an a1... or have an ego in hand and want to ***** about how every other gun is inferior...

WDP / APS "if you think about it" is alive TODAY because they didn't bend to the will of the vast majority...

It's obvious size and weight isn't the only determining factor or else quality would not have a voice to be heard... "matter of factly", if size and weight is the only thing you care about why not grab you a spyder w/ an e-grip... that'll give you the size and weight you're looking for...

Cuz if you're waiting for the day that an angel has the size and weight of a spyder, then ***METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING*** I hope you suffocate from holding your breath...

Last edited by Shell-Shocked : 09-18-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM #98
jsl6v8
jsl6v8

I think I just pissed myself from laughing too hard.
jsl6v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:22 PM #99
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell-Shocked View Post
You're saying "PEOPLE" like it's the vast majority of EVERYONE when it's actually not... you don't hear scenario/woodsballers complaining about weight... **** HALF the people that even complain about angels weight don't even have one or used an lcd "way back in the day" and somehow relate that to an a1... or have an ego in hand and want to ***** about how every other gun is inferior...

WDP / APS "if you think about it" is alive TODAY because they didn't bend to the will of the vast majority...

It's obvious size and weight isn't the only determining factor or else quality would not have a voice to be heard... "matter of factly", if size and weight is the only thing you care about why not grab you a spyder w/ an e-grip... that'll give you the size and weight you're looking for...

Cuz if you're waiting for the day that an angel has the size and weight of a spyder, then ***METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING*** I hope you suffocate from holding your breath...
I'm inclined to agree.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:29 PM #100
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

Now now. No need for hostility. There was already a discussion about targetting scenario ballers. Not all of them want to pay for a high end gun. Look at the BLAST mtac scenario marker. They've sold like 500 since their debut. Scenario players normally don't go for high end markers right off the bat. But then again aps and most other high end companies don't target scenario teams/players. These companies make their money from speedball and other variations. And all those players, now that I'm addressing the
correctly, mostly aim for light weight and small design while still getting excellent performance and consistency. The a1 does not have any of that. It is a small market lengthwise. But most find the three tube design too bulky and with unnecessary weight. And I think we can ALL agree that the a1 is not the best marker aps has released in terms of build quality and performance.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.

Last edited by Khandra : 09-18-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 PM #101
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

WDP needs to find a market that it can effectively cater to. Honestly, they could release a 1 pound gun that shoots 50 bps and get's a case from a 45/45 and very few of the current members of the Dye/PE/whatever clique would go near it.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 PM #102
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

A1 doesn't have consistency and performance?

I would like to see a 17 bit processor (because i have seen spinal tap) and a blackbird browser (because I'm pc) and a 16bit sound chip + thx rated speakers (because I like the whole zip code to listen to my jamz).

Aps has already done a 2 tube design. It's called the led/lcd/ir3. If they wanted to go 2 tubes structurally, they would've done it with the 05/06 speed /gat/a1 models.
Old PBN Feedback
Old 09-18-2009, 04:29 PM #103
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
I like the 3 tubes myself though I'd prefer something a bit longer and leaner in the next platform. I'm currently running and RX and the ergonomic are outstanding. The layout of the A1 was brilliant in terms of flow. Make the tubes longer and slimmer and you'd improve the feel.

My A1 was a great little shooter...

As for customization, aftermarket parts died at as stock parts improved. Many of the stock parts on the A1 are basically impossible to improve on. I've lot to have the A1 bolt in my RX. Back in the day stock parts were pretty lackluster (except for AGD).
Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 PM #104
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

I dont think im getting my point across with the lower tube design im gonna do a real quick sketch

none of this is really to dimension besides the valve chamber and the chamber wall thickness on the pre a1 angel and merlin sketch. My idea at the end will retain the 3 tube look, reduce the markers profile, and it still has more volume then the merlin which has a very large amount of volume anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebago View Post
who cares if the valve and ram are offset?

what is this hose you keep referring to?
with the ram off set and a large amount of air positioned to one side of it doesnt allow it to use the mass amount of volume given in the a1 to its fullest potential.

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:12 PM #105
Shibbykins
This is bat country

Shibbykins donated to help Peyton Trent
Shibbykins has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the A1 sketch is incorrect. its still 2 tubes just a inch into the front looks how you described as theres a insert that goes there.

your smaller bottom will sacrifice the volume availability for air thus the efficiency will go to hell.

I endorse without a doubt the wired eyes at
www.ANGELLASEREYES.com

"Originally posted by dr.strangelove: Having Shibby on the case is almost as good as having Bob on it. "
Shibbykins is offline   Reply With Quote