Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-25-2003, 11:35 PM #1
InFaMoUs CaSpEr
Broke Krew

has been a member for 10 years
What exactly is Morlock

Im new to omens, gettin one thru a trade and im curious to what Morlock really is.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2003, 01:23 AM #2
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

it is a board made by the company KM2 and its designed to work with any marker, so if you have a semi only electro(bushy, defiant, impulse, shocker) you pop that in there and you have modes(angel, timmy, trix(?), etc)

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/831/

Evil Paintball Rules

join "The Black Jihad" we shall bring SP to its knees.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:42 AM #3
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
If you're curious how it looks, I posted a pic of it in the gripframe in the picture thread.

I still advocate for people to go with Chris_PDP's chip upgrade instead of the morlock, since it isn't that easy to install and Chris will install the chip for yah. The Morlock's advantage over any chip replacement though is that you get an infinite more amount of control over everything your marker does.

Oh and Chris, call your chip something cool, give it a neat name so I can stop referring to it as "The chip that Chris_PDP installs." Perhaps, "Prime" thus we could call the chipped omens "Evil Omen Prime" or Primed Evil Omen." Just a suggestion man, you could be to Omens what Vapor is for Bushys.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:56 AM #4
InFaMoUs CaSpEr
Broke Krew

that would be ****ing sweet.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:21 AM #5
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Yeah we need a "Vaporworks" for the Omen.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-26-2003, 07:53 PM #6
DaCow

My frame is on a UPS plane heading for Chris as we speak.

I considered the Morlock, but due to various factors, decided to go with "The chip that Chris_PDP installs"

For tournament play, both the chip and the Morlock are going to provide around the same level of performance, so for ease of instalation (ie. me not having to do it with my amazing soldering skills) Chris wins hands down.

And ya....think up a name for this thing.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:14 PM #7
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
I don't want people to think that the "Prime chip"(tm) mod or a morlock are necessary. The Omen is plenty fast right out of the box. Most people shoot around 10-13 bps, only with a lot of practice are you going to be able to exceed the 15 bps cap... but of course timing is everything.

Oh Chris here's another suggestion, stick in an eeprom to store the settings and leave a register as a buffer for trigger pulls... i think the was board does that, not sure tho.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:12 PM #8
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

lol, yes timing is everything, everything i don't have, i can walk the S trigger about 3 bps, so i might get Chris' chip but i also might just get a matrix(I need an electro pneumatic to round out my collection)

Evil Paintball Rules

join "The Black Jihad" we shall bring SP to its knees.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:53 AM #9
Chris_PDP

Yes I know guys, I need a good name for this chip, I'll put some thought into that soon.
As Huge mentioned the Omen does have a good ROF stock so I wouldn't consider this a must have upgrade. But for those that are good at walking a trigger you will find that it really makes a difference. Those that don't shoot like this should still see an increase in ROF just by having the trigger more sensitive because of the higher ROF cap.

Huge> the new chip that I use does have an eeprom so any settings that are changed will remain the same even without power. About buffering shots, with a high rof setting you shouldn't really be able to shoot past the max so there shouldn't be anything to buffer. I don't see how this could be tourney legal anyway, as it runs along the same lines as Turbo mode. Does it say the WAS board actually does this, I haven't really looked into it.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 AM #10
DaCow

Hey Chris...no posting. Get working on my frame
Old 09-30-2003, 11:42 AM #11
Chris_PDP

hehe, ya ya ya........