PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM #1219
JackSw1ss

JackSw1ss owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Capital Offense View Post
no. it won't necessarily add efficiency but the GST kit, which has less holes, did help some GEOs with their efficiency #s, event though that was NOT the reason for the GST kit originally.

And JackSW - the LP spring doesnt add efficiency, and it is not what hte GEO was intended for...teh GEO was really meant for HP and the best recommendation is to always use HP regs to ensure the optimal performance.
I will let others debate the performance of Myth regs in general, but for the GEO i would recommend going with something else.
I see what you mean but please follow this little scenario, that should hypothetically work, if you keep independent some variables:

case 1) HP reg and HP spring, let's say the vel screw is exactly half way and the fps are 300 ok?

case 2) LP reg and LP spring, since PE made the LP spring this should be made for LP pressure outta the tank reg right?!pickin this up as truth they made it to equalize and have the same fps rendering but with LP, so always hypothetically the vel reg should be half way at 300fps,right?!

case 3) if all the above said makes sense and it's right, then with MP reg and LP spring the vel screw at 300 fps could not be at half way but needs to be a bit more tighten in, right?

if all this stands correctly than you have a bit more efficiency on air....
that was my point and my reasoning to tell "more efficiency"...hope you follow me
JackSw1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2010, 11:39 AM #1220
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSw1ss View Post
I see what you mean but please follow this little scenario, that should hypothetically work, if you keep independent some variables:

case 1) HP reg and HP spring, let's say the vel screw is exactly half way and the fps are 300 ok?

case 2) LP reg and LP spring, since PE made the LP spring this should be made for LP pressure outta the tank reg right?!pickin this up as truth they made it to equalize and have the same fps rendering but with LP, so always hypothetically the vel reg should be half way at 300fps,right?!

case 3) if all the above said makes sense and it's right, then with MP reg and LP spring the vel screw at 300 fps could not be at half way but needs to be a bit more tighten in, right?

if all this stands correctly than you have a bit more efficiency on air....
that was my point and my reasoning to tell "more efficiency"...hope you follow me
No, that is incorrect.

Example:
  1. HP reg, HP spring, HPR screw halfway, HPR output 130psi, velocity 300fps
  2. LP reg, LP spring, HPR screw halfway, HPR output 130psi, velocity 300fps
  3. MP reg, LP spring, HPR screw way in, HPR output 130psi, velocity 300fps

All you're doing is adjusting the reg so that the output pressure will be the same. The only thing you are doing is allowing the screw to sit further in, and potentially risking damage to your solenoid if you do over-pressurize. There is no reason to think that being able to turn the reg adjustment screw in further will provide any kind of performance or efficiency increase.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:43 AM #1221
JackSw1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
No, that is incorrect.

Example:
  1. HP reg, HP spring, HPR screw halfway, HPR output 130psi, velocity 300fps
  2. LP reg, LP spring, HPR screw halfway, HPR output 130psi, velocity 300fps
  3. MP reg, LP spring, HPR screw way in, HPR output 130psi, velocity 300fps

All you're doing is adjusting the reg so that the output pressure will be the same. The only thing you are doing is allowing the screw to sit further in, and potentially risking damage to your solenoid if you do over-pressurize. There is no reason to think that being able to turn the reg adjustment screw in further will provide any kind of performance or efficiency increase.
Now this is a very clear explanation!!!!!!
thanks mate....this sorted out and clear any of my doubts!
I've ordered the LP spring anyway to see how it is...and then I'll se if it would be better a new reg
Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM #1222
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The LP spring will work, and in some cases you won't have any problems, but the main thing to remember is that the GEO was originally designed for HP output on the tank, and thus an HP spring in the reg...although the LP spring will make it work, you still might not get quite as good of a result using that setup. and as for your reg, please watch the video below. It speaks volumes. I set up mine on the same reg test and had very similar results...not as bad as this, but enough to where in rapid fire I had issues. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj8ScksTLMI
Old 02-17-2010, 03:56 PM #1223
JackSw1ss

I didn't understand really the sense of the vid....by the datasheet linked to the vid the GA reg is one of the most inconsistent speaking of pressure...is that the sense of the vid???

and another question, considering to buy the ninja reg, is it better the normal one or the ultralite with that daaaamn little gauge, with almost invisible numbers?!?
what's the real advantage of buying the UL one?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 PM #1224
Team Capital Offense

the point was to show that it is incredibly inconsistent...the output pressure fluctuated wildly between shots and the recharge was incredibly slow...both will lead to velocity inconsistencies and drop off problems. You want a reg with fast recharge, low reg creep and as minimul fluctuation between shots as possible. you will always get some fluctuation, but those #s are BAD.

The newer Myth IIs are much better from what I have seen. I actually tested one for them and it shot much better than the originals. However, I still didnt get the shot to shot consistency I get from my DXS reg. I LOVED the size of my 69/4500 tank with the Myth on there, but just decided I needed more consistent output pressure/fast recharge.

I have not tried the Ninja regs, but many GEO users seem to really like them. I believe both Brules and XLuben use them and like them (am I right guys?)
Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM #1225
JackSw1ss

Got it...

so what reg do you suggest?

owww and I have another question (SORRY):
I would like to buy a new barrel and would like to know which one is the best and is more silenced. I saw the CP 2 pieces which I like very much but maybe you have tested more barrels and know some more silence.
I shoot mostly allstar/premium for events/tourney and formula 13 for rec/practice....
what would you suggest?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:20 PM #1226
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Barrels aren't really a subject for a thread about the ST kit - waaaaay off topic.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 PM #1227
Team Capital Offense

yea, sorry i got a bit off topic too. PMd you jack
Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 PM #1228
x7owna

can i use the the soft tip bolt with the stock can no problem? only reason i ask is i bought a used geo and it came with the gst can air hole WAY to big so is it ok to do that or is it kinda pointless?
x7owna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM #1229
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7owna View Post
can i use the the soft tip bolt with the stock can no problem? only reason i ask is i bought a used geo and it came with the gst can air hole WAY to big so is it ok to do that or is it kinda pointless?
You can. It will work better with reballs, but other than that it will be pointless. The can is really what makes it shoot differently.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 AM #1230
ecuadoreandude9691

ecuadoreandude9691 is playing at Living Legends V
ecuadoreandude9691 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ecuadoreandude9691 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ecuadoreandude9691 supports Team VICIOUS
so i got my st kit installed in my geo and was wondering if i have to the the vvc screw (screw in the propshaft) in or out more? Currently it is in the middle.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM #1231
KrAutt90

in for efficiency and out for smoothness, never anything in between.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 PM #1232
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Pretty much everyone runs it all in. No one I know can tell a difference in smothness either way. So run it in all the way for max efficiency.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM #1233
codythinman

codythinman donated to help Peyton Trent
codythinman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codythinman supports Bob Gurnsey
codythinman supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Capital Offense View Post
the point was to show that it is incredibly inconsistent...the output pressure fluctuated wildly between shots and the recharge was incredibly slow...both will lead to velocity inconsistencies and drop off problems. You want a reg with fast recharge, low reg creep and as minimul fluctuation between shots as possible. you will always get some fluctuation, but those #s are BAD.

The newer Myth IIs are much better from what I have seen. I actually tested one for them and it shot much better than the originals. However, I still didnt get the shot to shot consistency I get from my DXS reg. I LOVED the size of my 69/4500 tank with the Myth on there, but just decided I needed more consistent output pressure/fast recharge.

I have not tried the Ninja regs, but many GEO users seem to really like them. I believe both Brules and XLuben use them and like them (am I right guys?)
Capitol Offense and to everyone else, This is off topic so please forgive. DXS and Ninja regs are the same. At least thats what the air systems forum said. Check Post number 3, http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2406452 .

One of my teammates has a Geo w/GST, and he had alot of problems with shot to shot consistency/performance with the GA Myth AND IT WAS VERY NOTICEABLE. He became very discouraged. He and I read about switching tanks on here and else were. The next day we were at the field and he had two other tanks. Dye throttle and a Ninja tank, using those he never had an issue. It shot the ropes and perform like he expected the GST to perform. However the GST at its most inconsistent with the Myth reg didnt break a single ball. So even though it lacked consistency with the Myth reg it performed its designed function.

And to that I say "Bravo" to the GST.

"Yet it brings back repressed memories of my institutionalized fondness of the archaic, yet hyper-organized paradox that is my beautiful US Navy. The duality of the state of my mind manifests itself in a cringing smile. It is the purveyance of confusion on how being micro-managed can have no real discernible goal or direction. Yet we as the body of the US Navy somehow, someway achieve perfection out of an utter circus that exist at every command, never really realizing or pinpointing how this perfection could have ever been achieved. HOO YAH! US Navy!"
codythinman is offline   Reply With Quote