Geo ST Kit or "GST Kit" Will consist of the following:
- New Can
- New Bolt
- 2 Propshaft restrictors
- New Bolt has Venturi Style tip
- Will solve the reball issue that Geo's have
- PE will NOT go on the record about it helping efficiency
- Price: $79.00
- RELEASED and available now at your local Planet Eclipse retailer or via Planet directly!
- Uses SAME orings as old can and bolt!
The GST Kit can be looked at as a 2-Part kit. The main part of the Kit is the Bolt and the Can. The Bolt and Can operate together to produce a much softer shot. It is softer in terms of Kick, Noise, and Paint Handling. They do this by reducing the speed at which the bolt travels in both the fore and aft direction. On the forward stroke the bolt accelerates away much more slowly, and combined with the new Bolt Face Design, loads the paintball much more slowly and gently into the barrel. As the bolt reaches the front of the stroke it passes over the main exhaust seal much slower, reducing in a slower, more controlled release of air. This makes the gun quieter, as well as making the gun feel as though it is kicking less. It is a noticeable difference over the standard Geo Bolt and Can. Other added benefits are reduced bumper wear, and in some cases, improved gas efficiency.
The second part of the kit is a combination of the Bolt and the Volume Restrictors. The face of the bolt has been designed so that there is zero vacuum formed between the bolt head and the internal Propshaft seals, making the shooting of Reballs /A-Balls /reusable balls much more reliable. The Volume Restrictors then allow the lowering of the velocity of the Geo, whilst still running the regulator pressure required to drive the bolt mechanism reliably.
Pictures of ST Kit:
Geo vs Geo w/ ST kit Comparison Video:
Geo w/ ST Kit vs Luxe/SL8R/Ego 8/DM8 Sound Signature Comparison Video:
It's going to be next week before the GST kits come in and we can start to ship.
Big BIG Sorry for the false start. Slight communication error, and all that.
I am going to try and get a video put together in the next week-or-so very similar to the Cure3 bolt video, that is like an infomercial. It will give you all an idea of what the kit does, and why it does it.
Just to clarify a few points:
1) Efficiency. We are not going to quote numbers again, certainly not on this product. What we have found over the last 12 months is there are just too many variables (admittedly some of those are in our product, but A LOT are outside our control) to reliably say that with any barrel, any paint, any air system, and day, in any weather, you will get X number of shots. What the GST kit will do is definitely bring up the efficiency of the guys whoa re getting REALLY bad efficiency in a big way. I'll not get into how it does it here, you'll have to wait on the video. Results from beta testers are pointing that the kits are giving very consistent results from gun-to-gun as far as efficiency, but don't expect this one kit to suddenly give every single player 1700+ shots. That, it will not do.
2) This kit is not designed to “carry” the Geo until the next release. As I have publicly said before, we are working on a Gen2 Geo now, but it is not going to be released in this Extravaganza/World Cup release window. We want to move away from annual release, and this is our first, gentle, step. That does NOT mean you will have to wait for “a 2011 Geo” as there will be no such thing as a 2011 Geo. What is exciting, is that the Geo is a very versatile platform. The system is tailor-made for having new drop-in engines. But don’t just expect the Gen2 Geo to be a Geo with a GST kit. That would make no sense.
3) The feedback from beta testers have been 100% positive on this upgrade as far as 2 things go. Kick and sound. Really it has to be experienced to be understood how effective the changes have been at making the gun feel so smooth and so quiet. I am sure you are all going to be impressed with the changes. The other feedback that has been significant is how much paint testers have been shooting, of all kinds of old, mis-shapen, grotty paint, as well as uber-fragile tourney paint, with so few ball breaks. In fact some beta testers have shot several tens of thousands of paint with zero breaks.
4) Beta testers, please feel free to comment on your findings of the parts I have supplied you all. I will keep an eye on this and hope that I can answer any more questions for you as they may arise.
Info on the "Prop Shaft Restrictors":
Originally Posted by Jack Wood
Uziel gave you the long answer, I will give you the short:
The kit has two "haf" inserts. Each one drops the velocity approx 25-30fps.
Put both in, and you'll drop from 280fps to 220fps with exactly the same inline reg setting.
Thanks Brules, you always get me all excited. I will defiantly be dropping in this kit. I'm really excited to see what they do with the Geo for 2010, and as you said, I'm the ST kit will be a standard. We're so close I can taste it.
So being the impatient guy I am...... Let's discuss the imminent release of the ST kit.
What is known so far:
- New Can Yes
- New Bolt Yes
- Some type of restrictors for the prop shaft to affect volume of air Yes
- has a "soft gel tip" that is not glued to the bolt, may be user replaceable No, No and No
- Will solve the reball issue that Geo's have Yes
- PE will NOT go on the record about it helping efficiency
- 96LS has one
- Will be released NEXT week Hopefully
- Will be so amazing we willbe flooding NickyT's inbox with love letters and naked pictars of our wives and sending bottles of Patron to him Forget the needless junk, just send Patron
- We WILL have to pay for it Yes
So hopefully PE will lift the NDA for the people that currently have it and allow them to start talking about it soon, as I think everyone in here is really excited about this.....and hopefully "Next week release" means next monday. Next week definitely does NOT mean Monday. Think Friday and anything earlier is a bonus
Ok so now that the word is out and pretty much confirmed by Jack Wood: No 2010 Geo at cup, my expectations for this ST kit are even higher. With no new model, the ST kit will need to carry the Geo on it's tiny little shoulders!!!!!