PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 PM #43
[paintball.ninja]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Paintballer View Post
I sure could see Paintball get in X Games. Paintball is Motocross in 1984. Someone who really knows what they are doing can step in here and ... well, I guess I shouldn't let the cat out of the bag just yet...

Stay tuned...
What?
[paintball.ninja] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 PM #44
Joe Paintballer

Exactly!!!!
Joe Paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 PM #45
[paintball.ninja]

lol
[paintball.ninja] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 PM #46
stanknasty
just took a shower

stanknasty plays in the PSP
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
no
Old 10-01-2009, 02:27 AM #47
phoolio
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7sephiroth_phantom View Post
more or less, it is a holy war, iraq wants the "holy land" so they are bombed constantly, it doesn't change the fact that they hate eachother
they must have a lot of liquor.

i dont see why paintball cant get huge. like there should be commercials for eclipse, dye, etc. you see commercials for motocross events and sorts of things you dont really care about. but for every one of you there may be one person that liked the commercial and is now debating getting involved. the reason is when people think paintball gun they think WALMART, TIPPMANN, DANGEROUS.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:08 AM #48
stanknasty
just took a shower

stanknasty plays in the PSP
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
hellz yea walmart is dangerous
Old 10-04-2009, 12:07 AM #49
thepbman1
god like

the worlds not ready to watch people shooting each other for fun on tv...end of story
thepbman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 AM #50
throw em up[rex]
life sucks.

I just signed it. Since the X-Games is all about extreme sports such as MotoX, Rally Car, Skateboarding, BMX, & etc. PB should be int he X-Games in 2010 without a doubt. PB is one of the most action/extreme sports out there it is growing everyday. The only concern I have is what teams would play? Should they have the X-Games as another tournment or just for fun? Well if they do decide to let PB in, which they should, the X-Games ratings would bust through the roof like no-tommorw!

bang bang....GTFO!
throw em up[rex] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:55 AM #51
phoenixcaptain

phoenixcaptain supports Sherwood Forest
I never really thought of Paintball as an extreme sport, just a sport. Unlike most everything else in the X-games, there isn't a serious chance of a near fatal injury in paintball like their other sports. Lets face it, the majority of people who watch the X-games don't care about the competition, they want to see someone crash and burn.
phoenixcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:06 PM #52
throw em up[rex]
life sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixcaptain View Post
I never really thought of Paintball as an extreme sport, just a sport. Unlike most everything else in the X-games, there isn't a serious chance of a near fatal injury in paintball like their other sports. Lets face it, the majority of people who watch the X-games don't care about the competition, they want to see someone crash and burn.
Yes that is true. Some people just like to watch it too watch people get hurt. But we also have to face that the X-Games are pretty big and with PB in the X-Games it could really help PB get on the map and maybe they could even start showing PB on ESPN and stuff instead of that ESPN8 The Ocho ****.

bang bang....GTFO!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM #53
celborn

i personally think it would be a good addition to the xgames. but they have to amp it up some. like freestyle moto-paintballing
celborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:28 PM #54
Joe Paintballer

I am from the Moto x side of town and coming over to this sport, it feels like Moto x in 1989. Hype is not me and you, hype is the people who are not in the sport wanting into the sport.

As far as being extreme, I would have to say, getting shot at with a gun and objects flying at you at 300 mph qualifies as extreme, and there is a likelyhood of serious injury, whether it be being shot in the wrong spot or simply injuring yourself by falling.

As far as the team deal in x games:
Who says it even has to be teams. Every man for him/her self is a pretty awesome game to watch. Backflip shots and crazy acrobatics would certainly help the TV deal happen.

Look for a new Series to start in the spring time with freestyle paintball in mind.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:53 PM #55
throw em up[rex]
life sucks.

Quote:
I am from the Moto x side of town and coming over to this sport, it feels like Moto x in 1989. Hype is not me and you, hype is the people who are not in the sport wanting into the sport.

As far as being extreme, I would have to say, getting shot at with a gun and objects flying at you at 300 mph qualifies as extreme, and there is a likelyhood of serious injury, whether it be being shot in the wrong spot or simply injuring yourself by falling.

As far as the team deal in x games:
Who says it even has to be teams. Every man for him/her self is a pretty awesome game to watch. Backflip shots and crazy acrobatics would certainly help the TV deal happen.

Look for a new Series to start in the spring time with freestyle paintball in mind.
Good way to put it. Now the whole acrobatics and everyman for him/her self thing. I am not on that side yet, but if they do it that way and if its cool and intersting than yeah, but for now I ain't liking that idea.

bang bang....GTFO!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM #56
Joe Paintballer

I hear ya man, but I remember a time where a back flip was "NEVER" gonna happen. Now we have double backflips!!!

I know it sounds kinda retarded, but people want to see what can NOT be done.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 PM #57
throw em up[rex]
life sucks.

Quote:
I hear ya man, but I remember a time where a back flip was "NEVER" gonna happen. Now we have double backflips!!!

I know it sounds kinda retarded, but people want to see what can NOT be done.
Thats true bo. With Traivs Pastrana pulling off the first Double-Backflip in a competion was a HUGE moment in X-Games history and I remember watching it, even though it wasn't that long ago. I remember this year as well with the BIG RAMP for skateboarding when they brought out the rail with it. But until the X-Games allows PB in the games, we'll just have to wait and see what they want to do with it.

bang bang....GTFO!