PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-07-2001, 07:19 PM #1
dereck5

has been a member for 10 years
where/what revy turbo chip

WHERE can you get the turbo rev chip and what is it!?!?!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2001, 11:17 PM #2
viper311

www.wickedairsportz.com It is a chip which replaces the standard chip in revolutions...it helps to feed the balls faster and more consistently preventing chops...I just ordered mine last night

Jeff

Red Angel Speed

Black -> green fade AI
Old 11-08-2001, 11:20 AM #3
dereck5

lol i know what id does but what is the diff between other chips like the x-board? is there anywhere where i can buy it in a revy alrready like the revvy with x board?
Old 11-08-2001, 12:29 PM #4
siayajin
not a 2K1er

siayajin is a Supporting Member
It's fairly simple to install. All you have to do is undo the screws in your revy, open it up, take out old board, put in new board, put revy back together. That's it, you're done.

If you don't have a revy yet, then what you can do is get a 9vlt revy and then order a turborev9 upgrade. It comes w/ a new paddle and board, it'll basically make your revy as fast as a 12vlt revy w/ a turborev. You'll probably save a few bucks if you do it this way.

What makes the turborev better than the current boards out there, other than being the fastest, are the little features it offers. For one thing, it has an automatic shut-off if your revy is inactive for more than 15min. Also, if it doesn't sense a ball in the neck, it'll stop the paddles from spinning. This is very helpful. I mean, say you're crawling along the tape line, most likely your gun is on it's side and a ball just isn't in the neck, if you don't have a turborev you'll have to manually shut it off or the opposing team will hear those paddles spinning, giving away your position. The battery clips that come with the board are also a nice improvement. Now you don't have the batteries pushing against the door, which can be a pain to open or close sometimes. Add the fact that Wicked Air Sportz' customer service is always on point. If you have a problem w/ your turboboard, expect some help from their reps within the same day. Most places, I don't get a reply untill 3 days later or so and that's if they bother to reply. You don't get that from wAs. They're ready to stand behind their product.