Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 PM #1
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ft. Hood

Looks like I'm going to be moving to Texas in the next few months. Anyone been stationed there? Have advice on places to live? Decent school districts? Nice apartment complexes? You know that kind of ****.

I have been looking around the interwebz and Belton seems nice... any first hand experience would be awesome.

Oh... 3rd BDE 1st Cav, but I'm going to try getting switched to 3rd ACR, I hope that goes well.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2010, 03:49 AM #2
wkenyon07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
Looks like I'm going to be moving to Texas in the next few months. Anyone been stationed there? Have advice on places to live? Decent school districts? Nice apartment complexes? You know that kind of ****.

I have been looking around the interwebz and Belton seems nice... any first hand experience would be awesome.

Oh... 3rd BDE 1st Cav, but I'm going to try getting switched to 3rd ACR, I hope that goes well.
ive been at ft hood past year and a half...

dont go to belton, are u looking to buy, rent, apartments only? married, single? kids?
wkenyon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:01 AM #3
kida2
To The Strongest

Looking to rent an apartment with my girlfriend, we will have her kid and mine when I get to have him.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM #4
Shawn90

Shawn90 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im stationed in Hood right now with 4th BCT 1st Cav, but I have a good number of friends who are in 3rd ACR. Personally I think Cove is a little better than Killeen but I have lived in Texas for 17 years and I mean Killeen/Cove area just has never seemed to great to me.
Shawn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:02 AM #5
wkenyon07

yea cove is nicer in terms of crime rate and things like that, less military people, older community, quieter...but its also a longer drive, and theres pretty much nothign to do in cove adn will have to drive to killeen to do anything. i lived in copperas cove for 5 months before i went to afghanistan, i wouldnt go back

killeen has a younger crowd, clubs, movie theatres, shopping, everything u need, but the lil punks around there need to get their ***** kicked, i guess its like that around any military instalation....i just bought a house on the outskirts of killeen near the airport, brand new house really nice.

in terms of apartments...just search on google, theres a complex on bacon ranch rd thats really nice, i had alot of friends that lived there i forget the name...ow and stay away from rancier, its dirt cheap and ur car will get broken into lol, pretty much id stay south of I95 its not entirely bad down there, nothing compared to north of I95

good luck
Old 01-16-2010, 04:03 AM #6
wkenyon07

ow and i agree killeen/cove/ft hood is the absolute asscrack of texas...im from san antonio btw
Old 01-16-2010, 09:29 AM #7
kida2
To The Strongest

Thanks man, I really appreciate the advice.

What unit are you in?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 PM #8
wkenyon07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
Thanks man, I really appreciate the advice.

What unit are you in?
89th MP Bde...my company is in afghanistan, you'll see the rest of my battalion jerking off patroling the road and sleeping in patrol vehicles in **** when u get there....

ow and more advice....the DA cops there, are dick bags, dont try to outrun them and crap, the actual MPs will cut u some slack

another thing, u might want to check out harker heights, its close enough to hood, but far enough away from killeen that its not a total **** hole, its a lil bit more expensive too i think...

ow and u can find a house to rent for damn near the price of an apartment around ft hood, u might want to check that out

belton is too far away, its like a 30 min drive with no traffic

killeen school district is supposidly bad, idk, i dont have kids, but its all military kids so for the most part theyre corrupted ****in idiots...copperas cove school district has a one of the best HS football teams in the state lol....thats all i really know about them

Last edited by wkenyon07 : 01-16-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 AM #9
Big Johnny D (Banned)

I just got to Fort Hood too about a month ago, beats the **** out of Fort Sill
Big Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:42 PM #10
KingTomis

KingTomis supports our troops
I'll probably be at hood in a few weeks.

any good fields close by? Need something to spend money on other than bar tabs so I think I'm gunna start playing again.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 PM #11
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
No more joking about randomly shooting people for you kida ... too soon still ...
Old 02-01-2010, 12:44 PM #12
kida2
To The Strongest

Damn it... I love talking about going postal.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:04 PM #13
wkenyon07

yall need to stop getting ur panties in a bunch, if i ws at SRP that day...id be like..where the **** is my CAB?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:23 PM #14
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Yea, too soon buddy ... too soon
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM #15
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
killeen has the tit bars that smell like army money.

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:16 AM #16
wkenyon07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBodyMan View Post
killeen has the tit bars that smell like army money.
what you know about the dollhouse!?!?!?!?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:03 AM #17
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkenyon07 View Post
what you know about the dollhouse!?!?!?!?
in 2004 i was down there for pres support and we was the first base to have have F-16's at Ft. Hood so in our off time we would go and spend our time at the dollhouse and it was a great place to see tits bounce and watch army vets cash there afghany checks

so i would so i became a regular since killeen offered so much

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 AM #18
Parapackingirl

My fiance is stationed in Ft. Hood, 3rd acr. Not sure why he hasn't posted in here yet... hmmm owell. good luck
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM #19
Big Johnny D (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapackingirl View Post
My fiance is stationed in Ft. Hood, 3rd acr. Not sure why he hasn't posted in here yet... hmmm owell. good luck
What squardron?
Big Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 PM #20
zedtheundead

Harker heights ain't a bad place to live, I went to school in Belton and that place sucks. Plus is a good half hour dirve to base. Killeen and the cove are absolute ****holes. As far as fields, I think the closest is Waco? although I might be wrong
zedtheundead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM #21
skydiver101 V2
originally 2k7'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapackingirl View Post
YAY! I didnt see it yet baby lol. I was just about to post.

Johnny D: Im in Sabre

EDIT: I wouldnt know to much about the apartments around here. A sgt in my plt has a nice one in Killeen tho, Ill found out what apartment complex it is. There is a good field around here. Webers has a nice one and Powerplay in Waco aint bad.
skydiver101 V2 is offline   Reply With Quote