no 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-24-2003, 07:13 PM #1
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

has been a member for 10 years
Stock trigger

do you like it? Has anyone sweet spotted it yet, i was tinkering with it today, and had it to a point way further in then it should be passed the point where it tripped the switch(don't ask) and all of a sudden it was firing fairly consistently on the pull and release, but then it just quit after about 40 shots(this is with out air/paint) anyway, how do you shoot yours.

Evil Paintball Rules

join "The Black Jihad" we shall bring SP to its knees.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:32 PM #2
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

I have my pull to about 1mm and I like it, however I think i would be faster with a blade trigger, or a non-S shaped one.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-24-2003, 07:54 PM #3
Hellcat
Banned

i've gotten mine down past 1mm...it's fun to click click on when i'm bored but i've yet to actually fire it yet
Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM #4
joerocket

it is pretty good, but i think it needs a stronger spring. the muscles in my hand that pull the trigger can move pretty fast, but the ones that pull my finger off of the trigger don't. trying to coordinate finger flexors and extensors in that small of a motion that quickly is pretty tough. i would be willing to bet that people could fire more quickly if the spring was strong enough to push your finger back so that you would not have to pull your finger out of the way consciously. as far as sweet spotting goes, i don't really know how that would affect that. truthfully, i am not really sure what sweet spotting is. i am guessing it is when you get the trigger bounce just right and the gun fires on its own, but i don't know.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:03 AM #5
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

lol i just kinda figure people would take the sweetspotting part to mean what ever they want it to, basically can anyone tell me a good place to set it(i suppose this is different for eveyone), so you can really consistantly rip on it with out the excesive bounce that mine has. I have the same problem with my fingers, but with a stronger spring the pull would be heavier so some people would like and others with light/dextrous fingers wouldn't.

Evil Paintball Rules

Old 09-25-2003, 02:03 PM #6
luisodude

i love the omen stock trigger i am only 13 so i have pretty small hands so it is super easy for me to walk
Old 09-25-2003, 02:17 PM #7
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
fulnix is an NCPA player
To set it so that trigger bounce is not a factor in tournys, set it as short as possible allowed by the micro switch (point just before screw is in too far that it won't fire any more) then back it off 1/2 turn. That is what was allowed at the last tourny I was at. And yes I like the S trigger.

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old 09-25-2003, 07:41 PM #8
DaCow

I don't mind the S trigger.
Waiting for a blade frame tho...just cause I can.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:24 PM #9
paintball boy 20
yahmean?

i don't like the stock trigger. my friend's magno blade would be nice on the omen.
None, they all just sit in the dark and cry!!!
Har har har!
"
Old 09-25-2003, 09:26 PM #10
Xzorz
Banned

I love it.I have owned:

2002 C&C Angel LCD and hated the trigger pull

I framed Impulse :Great pull but hard to walk

Omen:A piece of cake to walk , and once i get that new board...ooooohhhh ****, mother ****ers at the field will be scrambling for cover when they hear me going off , fo shizzle.

-X
Old 09-25-2003, 10:33 PM #11
defyreality
Specter

defyreality is a Supporting Member
haha run suckers run
i love the trigger on the omen, the shape allows different players to rest there fingers in different ways on the trigger, either in both the drops, or the top drop and the rise, etc..
stock it was a aupper short trigger pull, and with a little tweaking its even better. only problem is to get it in as close as i want on the micro swithc, the lower stopper screw sticks out on the trigger side , so i had to back them both off till i decide i wanna gride the set screw.

right now i just lvoe to rip balls acorss the feild, the sound of this thing cranking out the paint makes others hide. anyone who says this thing is quite, needs hearing aids, it's loud, and in a very cool menacing way.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:49 AM #12
Ross
Somewhat an OG

Ross is a Supporting Member
I have the trigger set up fairly long. It is not nececary for the trigger pull to be short. I can get 13 consistently over the chrono with just bounce. I can drop a whole hopper in 1 trigger pull! You should deffinately try a long trigger pull with the firing point @ the very very very end.

Feedback
Old 09-26-2003, 01:47 PM #13
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Ross, how long of a pull are you talking about? Like an estimate in mm or somethin.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-26-2003, 02:39 PM #14
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

i'll give it a try, but i don't really want excesive bounce cause i play tournements.

Evil Paintball Rules

Old 09-28-2003, 01:15 PM #15
Smart[+]Parts-S/F

xzorz check your pm's

feedback

[]url]