Community Focus

Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 PM #1
HECTIC956

HECTIC956 plays in the PSP
HECTIC956 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HECTIC956 plays in the APPA D4 division
Rescue The Hostage

how do u play rescue the hostage? is there people in a room with a hostage? couldnt he just shoot him as soon as u go in the room. i would think maybe the hostage is in the room by himself and the opposing team would protect that room till someone is able to get in there and get him out and take him back to base. but would the killed players be able to respond? How do u guys play?
2gether we stand, divided we fall
HECTIC956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2009, 10:43 PM #2
toronto

sounds fun
Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 PM #3
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
a lot of the time when we've had a rescue situation, we haven't had an actual hostage. It's almost always been a downed pilot scenario where both sides are tasked with reaching the person first. We treat the person of interest the same no matter what. Face down on the ground, zip tied hands behind back, marched in the center of a wedge in a protected posture til we reach the perimeter defense of our base. We then pat down the POI to make sure we haven't inadvertently smuggled anything into our base, clip the zip tie cuffs and report for next mission.

Anybody who takes a hostage that intends on shooting or doesn't value the hostage will waste them if any action is taken. In paintball we're stuck since we can't use pyrotechnics on entry. The flashbangs used in dynamic entry physically stun the OPFOR with a blinding light and deafening sound, so getting off a round into the hostage tends to be something of a crap shoot before you take one yourself.

If I were producing a game and had a hostage rescue mission, it would most definitely involve a segregated room that the OPFOR impedes access to, not a room where the OPFOR babysits the hostages.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 PM #4
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There are a lot of variations you could play on it. The hostage, for one, could either be a real person who has volunteered for the position, or could be a dummy.

As for how to play it, here's one version I've always liked.
Terrorists start out with a hostage in their base. FBI starts in their own base, elsewhere on the field.
If the FBI can get the hostage back to their base unharmed within the time limit, they get the points. If the terrorists can keep the hostage alive and in their custody for the time's duration, they get the points. If the hostage is shot, no points are awarded. To make it a little more fair, could say that hostage has to be in his own room within the base to keep a terrorist from just shooting him if things get messy.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 PM #5
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
I play this sorta game from time to time but it gets changed up,

usually its played in either of the castles we have at work or the tippmann city..

terrorists or badguys have the hostage,they get to place him anywhere they want in the structure.

the hostage has a gun BUT CANNOT SHOOT untill a seal team member/ fbi or whoever good guy comes to rescue them touches them on a shoulder in act cutting whatever binds them (since we cant really tie people up.

once they are running with the rescuer they can shoot, the hostage must stay within a certain distance of the person rescueing them. if the rescuer gets shot the hostage takes a knee and can no longer shoot untill someone else comes to save them.

the bad guys can come get him by touching the shoulder and he has to move back with them but can not shoot..

various rules get changed from time to time depending on how hard or how easy a group wants the scenario to play out. game gets played twice to allow both teams a chance to save their team member.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 AM #6
Boom Master
Scenario Player

A hostage isn't much good to either side DEAD.

The hostage takers get points for Keeping the Hostage alive and in their possession.

The rescue side gets points for recovering the hostage alive.

The only time a hostage should die is when their situation is hopeless to obtain the objective. Time running out etc. Then Either side might choose to deny the other team the points and make the mission a DRAW.

Endless variations on a theme......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 AM #7
unreal_pb
You know why!

unreal_pb plays in the PSP
unreal_pb plays in the APPA beginner division
unreal_pb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
unreal_pb has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
how about make a rule u cant shoot the hostage, problem solved, now we can move on!
unreal_pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM #8
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Not a problem at all. Shooting the hostage is part of the tactical options requiring the players to THINK, improvise, and excercise judgment on the fly.

Two ways to win a game. Make points for your side and deny points to the other side.

Lots of ways to set it up and have fun... No right or wrong way.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:01 AM #9
HECTIC956

HECTIC956 plays in the PSP
HECTIC956 plays in the APPA D4 division
good stuff guys thanx alot now i got a better idea of what to do but do u think that since the bad guys are just waiting for the good guys to rescue the hostage there should be a bit more good guys? the good guys are gonna have to move up and its easier for them to get shot since the bad guys are gonna get good positions and just wait.
2gether we stand, divided we fall
HECTIC956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 AM #10
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTIC956 View Post
good stuff guys thanx alot now i got a better idea of what to do but do u think that since the bad guys are just waiting for the good guys to rescue the hostage there should be a bit more good guys? the good guys are gonna have to move up and its easier for them to get shot since the bad guys are gonna get good positions and just wait.
you can add an element we use for our big castle rec games dureing the day ,there are 100+ people any given time the game is played at the bigger of our two castles.

Stack the numbers towards the terrorist side, when terrorist gets shot out they leave the building/base the hostage is being held in, the terrorist then goes to the start point of the marines/good guys and tags in (we use a bell players must ring when they reach the starting point of the team attacking) and the terrorist then joins the game as a marine/good guy..

to distinguish who is who INSIDE the building/structure in the event of the good guys making it inside we use surveyors tape (nothing more then non stick plastic that comes in a bright color on a role) placed in a visible stop on the badguys,when they get shot out and head of to ring the bell the tape is removed so they are not taken for a bad guy once back inside.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 PM #11
insanethumper
I. AM NOT. A W****

Getting a hostage is simpler than it sounds. You need maybe three teams of maybe 4-5 people each. 1 team makes a distraction, like running towards the enemy lines screaming at the top of their lungs. While the hostage guards aren't looking, the 2nd team gets into the clearing/building. If they can pop any guards before the attackers be come visible to them, that is recommended. If not, go in fast and take the guards out before they know whats happening. The last team provides support while the 2nd team falls back with the hostage. If there's any of the 1st team left, give them the mvp award

"Cuz we're goofy, mother*CAW*ers."
insanethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:57 PM #12
aaronah1

aaronah1 supports Team VICIOUS
aaronah1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aaronah1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aaronah1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
that sounds fast and effective. i like it =-)
aaronah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 AM #13
jmscrttndn

dummies work well. dont like being the hostage
jmscrttndn is offline   Reply With Quote