Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-24-2003, 04:26 PM #1
Hellcat
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
chop chop chop chop

that was the un pleasant site i was treated to when trying to get the re-cock pressure on my Omen adjusted. not just a barrel chop, easy to clean...chopped in the chamber. i don't know what i was doing wrong...
firt thing i did, hook my remote up to my c02 tank, then to my gun. tuend on the frame, turned off the slide check, and loaded my hopper with paint. first thing to notice here, the evil paint was about 3 months old...no chops. then i loaded some bigball, chppety chop chop. the bigball was less than a month old. here is the precedure that i used for adjusting the gun: i untightend the locking screw on the reg, until i found a good velocity (not, i was guessing, i don't have a chronny) then i follwed the instructions and turned the re cock 1/4 from all the way in, adn wetn from there. after my first chop, i de gassed and checked the bumper. it was fine...so then i kept trying to back out the re cock screw until the gun re cocked on it's own but i was to find no such luck...i'm really kinda pissed right now...

and how do you get the #$@##$% bolt and hammer off?

and how should i clean my omen. there's paint all the way back in it...i ran a squeegie through it but there's still some paint left in the upper tube

Last edited by Hellcat : 09-24-2003 at 04:48 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2003, 04:38 PM #2
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

don't shoot balls when adjusting the recock.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-24-2003, 04:42 PM #3
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
its easiest to remove the bolt and hammer while its still in the gun, just use an allen key to the cocking rod... or just take it out and grasp it firmly and use an allen key on the cocking rod.

As for your problems it sounds like its just a velocity issue. Take it to a chrono and try it again. Could also be a bad batch of paint. Bigball's aren't known for their durability over time.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:50 PM #4
Hellcat
Banned

yea, i was hoping i wouldn't have to adjust it at the field, but at least i'll have a chronny and fresh evils there...ah, don't shoot balls when adjusting re cock...i wish i woulda knew that...

also, to have some positive news, i must not've secured my quick disconnect very well becasue when i was shooting it blew off from the ASA piece. well, afetr a few seconds of shock and the remote hose flying around in an insane manner, i finall grabbed that little bastard and hit the slide check...it was pretty funny

and how should i clean my omen. there's paint all the way back in it...i ran a squeegie through it but there's still some paint left in the upper tube
Old 09-24-2003, 05:26 PM #5
Huge

For a break as bad as the one you encountered, I'd say wash the tube out. Remove the regulator, the valve stem and front cap, trigger frame and wash it out. I've done it before, then squeegie it to remove water and let it dry out.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:28 PM #6
Hellcat
Banned

how exactly do you remove the valve and front cap? i've gotten everything else out (besides the cam)
Old 09-24-2003, 05:37 PM #7
Huge

Unscrew the front cap...

As for the valve if you really want to take it out... its held in place by a brass screw... which goes into the bottom of the valve and is normally covered by the grip frame. Oh and to remove the valve you also have to remove the recock screw. It should slide right out, after you remove those 2 screws.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:51 PM #8
Hellcat
Banned

um, how hard should the front cap be to remove? cuz mine is like super loctited on there or something...it won't even budge at all...and i don't have a vice i can use

re cock pressure screw won't come out of body...i keep unscrewing it more and more but it's not moving...it seems to be turning thuogh...i tried pulling it out but it won't come out

edit- don't have a screwdriver small enough to get cam feed out...would it be safe to wash the omen out with the cam still inside?

Last edited by Hellcat : 09-24-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:10 PM #9
Huge

The front cap can be tricky to get off if you've never removed it before. It'll take some elbow greese...

The recock screw unscrews to a point and then you just pull it out.

Cam feed should be fine if you get water on it....

If you're having this much trouble with it though, don't wash it out, just keep using that squeegie... wash it out and clean it... etc.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:12 PM #10
Hellcat
Banned

well, now that i ran the squeegie through a few more times with some water, then dried it out, i think all i need to do is remove some paint from the breech...thanks for all your help!

Last edited by Hellcat : 09-24-2003 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:08 PM #11
Oscillation

Try some Q-tips, they work really well, but you'll need quite a few of them.