Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2009, 08:14 PM #1
hypforlife32

accuracy problems

i have a regualr ion with a sp 360 qev, firebolt, virtue eyes and virtue board, and kila ball detents. 14inch freak barrel kit also. i have tried multiple inserts and i still cannot get an accurate shot what so ever. about 2 out of 5 will hit within the same 6inch, from about 20 feet. some of them wize off like no other. my dwell is 14 and my opp pressure is 145, anyone have any ideas what it could be? eveyrhting helps
hypforlife32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2009, 08:44 PM #2
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF

ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
What kind of paint are you using?

Are you sizing the paint?

Is the barrel spotless on the inside?

I have a feeling this could be potential operator error.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:45 PM #3
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
What paint are you using? Try different paint.

Edit: missed it by a minute.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM #4
hypforlife32

yeah i am sizein the paint. it could be my error. i am using diablo heat paint. i do have a question about sizing also is there a perfect way to size them?. i take a insert and drop it through and go down until they dont fall through anymore. not where they are tight or anything.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 PM #5
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF

ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
The paintballs should be a little tight, they should NOT roll out, it should take a light blow to push them out of the barrel.

Heat isn't the best paint in the world which is the number one factor. Heat generally runs about 40/case here where as a decent paint such as Premium is about 60/case.

I NEVER had any luck with cheap paint in any of the 6 different ions that I owned. I went and bought some premium or dxs gold and never looked back.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 PM #6
hypforlife32

okay thank you very much. i think my friend bought some premuim paint and has a pod left. ill size match it and shoot it and see what happens. yeah diablo used to work well for me and now its getting crappy. i get a break every 400 shots. not a chop though. ill try some of his and see if that makes a difference. i will post soon to let you know how that works. and another questions. is a clippard qev better then the 360? like a virtue qev?. i was thinking about going to a virtue qev and a l7 bolt
Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 PM #7
hypforlife32

i currently have a firebolt and sp 360 qev. i was seeing if thats a better setup because i have 2 ions. one is completely stock. i got it for free. it had a fried noid so i got a virtue board and put mine into the other one. works like a charm.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:18 PM #8
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

QEV's dont matter between those two really. If you already have a 360, it's fine. The only thing the clippard qevs add is the quick release on the hose instead of a barb. And maybe a little bit of a lower dwell... maybe.
Idiosyncrisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:53 PM #9
hypforlife32

thanks for all the help. i have 2 ions and i have one completely stock so im thinking about putting my parts from my ion into the other one and putting a virtue qev and l7 into my gun. also i ran 2 pods of paint through my ion with the better grade and it works like a charm at 65 feet away i could shoot very very accurate. at about 75 feet i was still doing pretty well...alootttt better then it was. its dead on now. thanks would my opp pressure be lower with the L7 bolt rather then a firebolt?