PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2009, 09:33 PM #22
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
a bunker on the snake side had paint all over it, this guy is rubbing all up on it and the refs on the snake side thought he got hit, they went and checked and relized it was rub. a ref from the dorito side comes over and calls a 3 for 1 on the guy. nothing could be done after he called it because once you are out you are out.
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM #23
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
teammate put his hand on his head to check if there was paint and got a 3 for 1 for wiping. I realize he should have just called a paint check but I mean, as soon as he looked at it he put his hand up and called out BEFORE the ref called the penalty.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:40 PM #24
Rockville_pb_kid

a kid started early in a game and shot one of my players in the mask...he wiped it and then the game started and they called our player out and they told there player who went early to go back and touch the net and to keep playing
Rockville_pb_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM #25
m_taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Town_Balla_Boy View Post
playing Xcal 7 man..
Was standing up in the 30 (back left depending on what side fo the field you are on)
A ref came running from the 50 monster (carwash)
AND PULLED A 3-4-1
Asking where I was hit he replied "On the bottom of your shoe"
I got a 3-4-1 for stepping on a paintball in a tourny. FML haha
Yeah, all those xcal refs suck... *snicker*
m_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:44 PM #26
Mrshaveygravey

Me and my team were playing in a local tournament. First place prizes were: 3 Invert minis, 3 09 Vents, jerseys and a bunch of other stuff.

Off the break i run to the snake, got hit a few times and didn't see any break, but just to make sure I called the ref over show him where I got hit and he calls me clean. We end up cleaning the field, and as im running the flag in my teammate notices i have a hit on my stomach. So i call myself out hand him the flag and walk to the deadbox. After the game I run over to celebrate with my team for winning 1st place. A ref comes over sees my hit,and calls the refs for have a meeting. They decide to give my team a 2-4-1 for intentionally playing on. The hit was under my jersey, and it broke on the little EMPIRE emblem in the front( i never felt this hit). With the tournament being a 3-man we lost all of our players and the other team ended up winning first. The head refs would not tell my team which ref made the call. And guess who got first place? THE HOME TEAM!!!! I wonder if the manager of the field had anything to do with that?

I hate sucky refs.
Mrshaveygravey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:49 PM #27
xTheirOut2GetUx
>The Destroyer of Worlds<

xTheirOut2GetUx is a Supporting Member
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the PSP
xTheirOut2GetUx is an NCPA player
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the APPA D3 division
In the final game of a 3 man, think it was my 2nd tourny ever I slide into snake off the break take a couple hits to the dome. Theres a ref right next to me so I ask him if any broke, point to my head and ask him if there are any breaks on my head? He comes over looks at my head says no and steps back. We win the game i run the tape and my team mate hangs the flag, SAME REF pulls me and gives the game to the other team because there is a break on the side of my head... No one even came close to shooting me after the break when I asked him to check me.

Texas storm reffed the tourny, Hate those ****ers. Well at least the texas storm of like 5-6 years ago I'm sure theres basicly none of them left on the team. They cheated like crazy when they scrimmed local teams, and their farm team texas fire was even worse.
I know everyone cheats, but they were horrible wiping like 4-5 hits in a scrim getting blown up, taking cover and coming back out clean after enough time to clean yourself up with NO REFS in a scrim.

VICIOUS GEO 2 FOR SALE NOOOOO PB TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES

[pursuing a degree in trolloligy]

Last edited by xTheirOut2GetUx : 10-01-2009 at 12:35 AM.
xTheirOut2GetUx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM #28
C_Dubs9

C_Dubs9 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C_Dubs9 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C_Dubs9 supports Team VICIOUS
C_Dubs9 supports DLX Technology
4 times in a match we had our snake player called out on ghost hits by some stupid ****ing refs!!!
Guelph Storm MXL 2009 #9
Guelph Storm RXL 2010 #9

Eternal Acacia- I'd **** her twelve ways to sunday, any self respecting male that wouldn't should just turn in his cock and balls now and be relegated to a life of *****dom.(talking about Eva Mendes)
C_Dubs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:28 AM #29
ff7sephiroth_phantom
RELENTLESS PB

my teammate was hit in the pack, called for a paintcheck, called clean, he later hung the flag, and was eventually called out for a hit on his pack, we contested it, but we lost, and the other team got all the points, even though they were terrible
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 AM #30
Thet
Retired.

Thet plays in the PSP
Thet is an NCPA player
Thet plays in the APPA beginner division
That's not a bad call. It's your team mate's fault for not getting checked thoroughly before hanging the flag. Regardless if he was called clean, it's a dirty flag hang.

SEKTape- "I'd be excited for "learning by our mistakes" blog that apologizes for the Ego being obnoxiously loud and kicking like Adam Vinatieri."
*FEEDBACK (OLD STYLE)+55/-0* - *FEEDBACK (NEW STYLE) +80/-0*
Thet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 AM #31
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

If you can't trust a ref call then who can you trust about a hit?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM #32
Thet
Retired.

Thet plays in the PSP
Thet is an NCPA player
A team mate. If it looks like a hit, have someone else hang it.

SEKTape- "I'd be excited for "learning by our mistakes" blog that apologizes for the Ego being obnoxiously loud and kicking like Adam Vinatieri."
Old 10-05-2009, 01:12 PM #33
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

how do you know he wasn't the last one? you're making assumptions.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:50 PM #34
Bonejack357
Tony D.

in a local 5 man tourney i took off to 50 brick off break slid in and a guy from the opposing team hits the other side of the same brick. i go over the top light him up and drop back down with out so much as hearing a shot come at me from his team. about 45 seconds later after i pull the flag and hes called him self out he rapps the brick and shoots my foot. i get up and leave pissed off and we lost the game. i ask the reffs to check him and give us our points back and the reffs make the call that although hes covered in paint down his back where i smoked him it could have been from a previous game and no penalty is called. i later shot him in the throat. i felt better but it didnt really help the point spread. we took 5th

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3989308
Bonejack357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM #35
Thet
Retired.

Thet plays in the PSP
Thet is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
how do you know he wasn't the last one? you're making assumptions.
You're correct.
But in the event of a 'last player alive' situation, you can choose not to hang the flag. You didn't win, but you didn't lose either. Usually, it's a sudden death kinda thing. It's better than getting called for a dirty flag hang.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:27 PM #36
Drowning In My Sleep
< HAWTNESS

Drowning In My Sleep helped look for balloons
Drowning In My Sleep plays in the APPA D4 division
our primary snake guy got called out on a no-hit.

Then, because i was secondary snake, I go to fill his spot and I get called out on a no hit by that same ref.

Goodbye mom. You were a great mom and an even better friend. I love you mom.
Drowning In My Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:48 PM #37
Tellairai

Tellairai helped look for balloons
Tellairai is playing at Living Legends III
Tellairai is an NCPA player
Tellairai plays in the APPA D4 division
XPSL 2008 Bako - I run snake 2 off the break, we got 2 g's and they got none. So their Dorito one and Aztec both make run throughs at the same time. All the refs charge at the Dorito guy. He gets lit up to the point he couldnt see out of his mask and ran into the 50 spike. Gets pulled for playing on. Their Aztec runner comes down the field, gets lit up and continues to shoot out 4 of our guys. The ref calls out our 4 guys and does not call the guy out for playing on. So we go from 7 v 5 to 3 v 3 in 30 seconds. BS

Old Feedback +4/-0

Trauma Xbrawl
Tellairai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:03 AM #38
Im at school 23

Im at school 23 plays in the PSP
At chicago open we got a 1-4-1 for playing on.

My snake player was clearly posted on his mirror when his mirror came up he was shot and traded with our snake. Ref said my guy was bunkered and spun when my player never looked inside cause we had a guy in 50'd and our coach told him to stay on his mirror not to mention i lit him up while he was coming (i was playing corner) and the ref wiped his hits off cause my snake player who supposedly played on hit him. Not to mention the ref didnt pull the right ppl he didnt pull the closest player which would be me he pulled the 50 player which screwed us. worst reffing i saw all event was on that field all others were perfect.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 AM #39
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im at school 23 View Post
At chicago open we got a 1-4-1 for playing on.

My snake player was clearly posted on his mirror when his mirror came up he was shot and traded with our snake. Ref said my guy was bunkered and spun when my player never looked inside cause we had a guy in 50'd and our coach told him to stay on his mirror not to mention i lit him up while he was coming (i was playing corner) and the ref wiped his hits off cause my snake player who supposedly played on hit him. Not to mention the ref didnt pull the right ppl he didnt pull the closest player which would be me he pulled the 50 player which screwed us. worst reffing i saw all event was on that field all others were perfect.
The ref doesn't have to pull the nearest player. He can pull whoever he wants.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 AM #40
Sumadef
Andrew Rodriguez

Sumadef donated to help Peyton Trent
Sumadef supports Team VICIOUS
We were playing a local tournament, and we were in the finals. Our breakout was ABC. Well, Back center was pretty far up, so you had to run to it. (It was more like center 30). Well, he got there and one of the refs thought he was hit. The ref said "Hold your arms up and step back real quick" So my buddy does so, gets shot twice, and the ref says "Oh, well now you're out."
Sumadef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:55 AM #41
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumadef View Post
We were playing a local tournament, and we were in the finals. Our breakout was ABC. Well, Back center was pretty far up, so you had to run to it. (It was more like center 30). Well, he got there and one of the refs thought he was hit. The ref said "Hold your arms up and step back real quick" So my buddy does so, gets shot twice, and the ref says "Oh, well now you're out."
It seems like the newer refs in PSP aren't taught about calling players neutral, I've seen that quite a bit in the last 2 years.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 AM #42
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
It seems like the newer refs in PSP aren't taught about calling players neutral, I've seen that quite a bit in the last 2 years.
We're taught about calling players neutral, it's just used as a last resort because it interrupts the flow of the game and can be confusing to other players. A good ref can thoroughly check you without calling you neutral.