Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM #22
CrazyCasey6661
Nick@CSP.Studios

CrazyCasey6661 supports Team VICIOUS
CrazyCasey6661 plays in the APPA beginner division
I want salsa.

What are some tips for dorito side? I play snakeside or straight up the middle, so I'm trying to round out my playing.
CrazyCasey6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 PM #23
nickdude
well do ya punk?

Annual Supporting Member
nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
Im good Dave thank you for asking.
i have another question,
it has come time to get a new loader, do you prefer playing with your rotor on Blast or your prophecy on RL

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
nickdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:45 PM #24
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

bobsbarricades plays in the APPA D5 division
How does it feel to win cup? =)

congrats! send my love to the team!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:59 PM #25
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
Dave, Matt and Justin, I just wanted to add congratulations to your Cup win. I was stuck on the paint trailer poding paint and didn't see any of the last game. I wanted to congratulate all of you in person but by the time I got back to the pits, everyone was gone. I hope you didn't take this as a personal affront as I feel bad about not getting to talk to everyone after the game. Please pass on my apologies to the rest of the guys. You know I wouild never do that intentionally. Hope everyone had a safe flight back to wherever they were going.
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:36 AM #26
enoryt

I was wondering if you had any tips or tricks you use when you're gunfighting and being dominated. How do you stay alive for as long as you do in corner when your wire is being hard pressed.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 AM #27
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

dude I woke up with that question today. I was watching the old mother russia videos against Trauma and there was this shot of Penteleev getting totally sprayed down the wire (back corner mirrors) and he would snap out a few times to get the other guy in and then he took over putting his mirror in... but how the hell do you know WHEN to snap to get those shots out. My timing has always seemed to suck in that department.

I mean... I played against guys that were no where near as good as Trauma... so I know Penteleev is good... REALLY good, but... i mean what's the mental part of what's going on there.

Last edited by bobsbarricades : 10-15-2009 at 10:31 AM.
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:59 PM #28
plpntbll

plpntbll is a Supporting Member
I second his ^ question, when your snapping against someone how do you know when to come out? I can often here the balls hitting my bunker and so i pause untill they stop breifly, is there a better way of doing this?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM #29
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

I've always thought that if they're hitting my bunker it's impossible to hit me... I'd rather hear that than the whir of them just outside waiting for me
Old 10-21-2009, 12:25 PM #30
Punjabi Beast

Punjabi Beast is a Supporting Member
Punjabi Beast is a Professional paintball player
Its just timing... You just wait until you think he's looking to move or shoot at someone else and snap out.. When you do snap shoot its just one shot and you go back in.
#11 Bryan Duffey Fan

www.capitaledgepaintball.com
Punjabi Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM #31
Punjabi Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky bob View Post
Dave, Matt and Justin, I just wanted to add congratulations to your Cup win. I was stuck on the paint trailer poding paint and didn't see any of the last game. I wanted to congratulate all of you in person but by the time I got back to the pits, everyone was gone. I hope you didn't take this as a personal affront as I feel bad about not getting to talk to everyone after the game. Please pass on my apologies to the rest of the guys. You know I wouild never do that intentionally. Hope everyone had a safe flight back to wherever they were going.
Dont worry about it Bob. We always love seeing you.
#11 Bryan Duffey Fan

Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 PM #32
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez

curly2k3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
curly2k3 is Legendary
Big Dave Bains, you're a beast of a player and you seemed like a legitimately great dude the couple times I very briefly met you this past season at PSP events.

Here's my question for you... how can you be a big dude too and play bunkers without getting shot out more? haha

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post79642895
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 PM #33
|TheBackPlayer|
Pump!

|TheBackPlayer| helped look for balloons
|TheBackPlayer| supports Team VICIOUS
|TheBackPlayer| is for the Gunfight
Thanks for this thread guys :]

Last edited by |TheBackPlayer| : 10-24-2009 at 01:18 AM.
|TheBackPlayer| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:06 AM #34
SWAYED117

SWAYED117 donated to help Peyton Trent
SWAYED117 supports Team VICIOUS
SWAYED117 posts videos on PbNation
Dave, use your manliness and convince the team and Bob Long to use some O.G. Russian Legion Timmy's for a point or two.

Maybe im the only one but it would make my day

Congrats and good luck in future seasons =)

Roc-City Assassins #77 -2010- NYPL

MACDEV
Droid
SWAYED117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:54 PM #35
brandoov2 (Banned)

brandoov2 plays in the PSP
I often find myself advancing up the field too quickly at times and end up just dieing out of my bunker for whatever reason, weather it be getting too anxious and just wanting to get that quick kill or whatever. Suggestions?

Also, at times it's also hard for me to judge when to 'bump' to the next bunker. I try to put in my mirror and all the other bunkers that could stop me from advancing, but it sometimes it seems like I just get shot anyways, any suggestions with this either?

I played at your field earlier this year when WCPPL came Dave, it's great! I would definately love to come up again sometime.
brandoov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM #36
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoov2 View Post
I often find myself advancing up the field too quickly at times and end up just dieing out of my bunker for whatever reason, weather it be getting too anxious and just wanting to get that quick kill or whatever. Suggestions?

Also, at times it's also hard for me to judge when to 'bump' to the next bunker. I try to put in my mirror and all the other bunkers that could stop me from advancing, but it sometimes it seems like I just get shot anyways, any suggestions with this either?

I played at your field earlier this year when WCPPL came Dave, it's great! I would definately love to come up again sometime.
I'm curious if it's POSSIBLE to move up too quickly. I understand you need support from your team but...
Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 PM #37
brandoov2 (Banned)

brandoov2 plays in the PSP
Well I guess I put it wrong. I get into 50's quickly, but I tend to get antsy and sometimes just get shot out of my bunker because I want to get that kill right away.
brandoov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 PM #38
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

ahhh word. I used to have that problem and for me it was a head game. I too got really anxious and I'd stay out 1 second too long or think I could pop up twice in a row in the same spot. My adrenaliine helps me move quick but it also has to be reeled in at the right time. I wanna hear what Bains says =)
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 AM #39
kick-rocks

kick-rocks owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kick-rocks plays in the APPA D3 division
Dave what did most of RL's plays look like for world cup 09 were you guys pushing snake side or d-side?
kick-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 PM #40
Punjabi Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3 View Post
Big Dave Bains, you're a beast of a player and you seemed like a legitimately great dude the couple times I very briefly met you this past season at PSP events.

Here's my question for you... how can you be a big dude too and play bunkers without getting shot out more? haha
Haha
Thanks I try to be a nice person
Just try to live behind your gun and dont put yourself into a tiny bunker when the game is going against you our your losing bodies.
#11 Bryan Duffey Fan

Old 11-28-2009, 07:58 PM #41
Punjabi Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by |TheBackPlayer| View Post
Thanks for this thread guys :]

No Problem
I hope this helps..
#11 Bryan Duffey Fan

Old 11-28-2009, 08:00 PM #42
Punjabi Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdude View Post
Im good Dave thank you for asking.
i have another question,
it has come time to get a new loader, do you prefer playing with your rotor on Blast or your prophecy on RL
My Prophecy and Dye have been great loaders this last season, But if I had to choose one I'd say prophecy. The Dye cost me money!!!
#11 Bryan Duffey Fan