Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-07-2001, 08:43 AM #1
CRUCIATUS
nothing

CRUCIATUS is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow Yet, More new Angel owner questions!!!

Hey, i have recently aquired a 2k black angel. And im wanting to do some upgrades to it...what in your opinions, do i need or would help out? All it has is a volumizer, and thats about it. I have a freak barrel too. It has about 45k shots through it.

And i have some ???'s also.

To do the upgrade to a 2k1 battery. What all do i need? Where can you get the kit?

1. I have a black gun, but with a doo doo brown mini reg. How does this come off? How do i go about getting any other kind of reg on there, such as a conquest or vigilante?

2. I see pics of angels with a hose coming from the feed tube to the top of the gun, and a line coming from the hopper to the gun? Can someone explain all this?

3. My gun doesnt seem to shoot that far. I mean, maybe this is normal, but it just doesnt seem to shoot as far as other guns. Also, before a game, i usually chrono at like 260, but after the game, it will be shooting like 245, 248, 247. It seems to drop.

well, thats all for now, thanks in advance!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2001, 09:13 AM #2
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
1) You can buy a 2k1 battery at Cobra or Paintballgear
2) Take off the reg by unscrewing it, though I wouldn't recommend using either of those regs as the stock one is fine. New stock regs are about $50 so they're cheaper than either of the ones you mentioned too.
3) You could be getting shootdown, bad paint to barrel match, bad tank, etc. What type of tank are you using, what barrel and what paint?
Old 11-07-2001, 09:43 AM #3
CRUCIATUS
nothing

where can i get the regular long reg that comes stock on angels onstead of a mini reg? what is the diff in the two?

I was using a preset Pure energy 3k 68ci tank with a freak barrel. So i had pretty good paint to barrel match.
Old 11-07-2001, 10:58 AM #4
xentrik1

Well you need to get youself a good adjustable tank I would worry about that before getting the other stuff unless your battery is dying of course. Reg I use a Gladiator its great. Some peeps have trouble with the stock some don't. I didn't but like the look and feel of the glad. The wires from the hopper to the gun is intellifeed. The board in you gun lets the hopper know when your shooting and spins it. The line from the gun to the feed tube is called air assist it routes some air from the gun to force feed the balls from the hopper. I've never heard of a long reg. I think its just called a minireg. I think the ones on the leds may have been longer. You can screw them off but sometimes its really hard.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:50 AM #5
CRUCIATUS
nothing

thanks for the help. Is there directions or something to set up the intellifeed? Is it worth it?

Also, i noticed alot of angel owners talking about there rate of fire. I can shoot my impulse faster then my angel. My angel trigger is short, but is quite tight. It seems to take a little more finger power to pull the trigger back then say a impy trigger. I mean, when i pull it, its only like 2-3 mm. But i can pull it that fast. Even when i fan it. Is it just me or what.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:18 PM #6
Sparky

To be honest. You dont need to spend a lot on upgrading an angel. They are that good stock.

What you ought to do, since this gun is used, is get it tuned up by an angel tech. This is the single best thing you can do to the gun. If you are concerned about the looks of the reg and have to get another, I'd get a black stock reg. They are one of the best regs out there. The only other I would consider is the gladiator.

I'll bet if you have a tech really go through that gun. I mean check everything, clean the 14 way, check LPR, snap ring, I mean everything. You will find the gun will shoot TOTALLY different.

Even if you have to buy some aftermarket parts, first thing you should do is have a tech go through it.

Also I'd have him do a trigger job. Sounds like something is going on with yours.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:56 PM #7
bigblunt4u

well

the air assist on the adrenalins is golden, and the intelli-feed is god.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:52 PM #8
AngelsRking
Paintball Ambassador

The best money you can spend is to have an Angel technician go through your marker and make sure everything is peachy. You could even have them put a lighter spring in your trigger and set it to about zilch. Trust us.
Adrenalin Angel LCD #13
2 matching Boomers &
3 matching Freak's (10, 12, 14)
68/4500 Armageddon
Old 11-09-2001, 04:00 PM #9
CRUCIATUS
nothing

where can i send the gun to get looked over and tuned up. Somewhere good!
Old 11-09-2001, 05:13 PM #10
BLaCKOuT BaLLeR

Quote:
Originally posted by CRUCIATUS
where can i send the gun to get looked over and tuned up. Somewhere good!
There are several... I have only sent my gun to Adrenalin Products and there are very fast and good.

THeir number is (740)-886-4405

Blake

2k1 Blue Angel LCD
Angel AIR
Freak KIT
Old 11-09-2001, 10:18 PM #11
mrstickball

Take it to an angel tech , they'll set it up nice.

It doesn't take much to get the trigger nice on a angel. My trigger has been set low ( 3/4ths of a mm) and i can get about 16bps.
Old 11-10-2001, 01:03 AM #12
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

The "Big Three" to send your Angel to have it tuned up are the following.

Adrenaline. Warped Sportz. and Animal Paintball.

Those are the three I would use. You can get a black reg at www.buypb.com and then do a search for what your looking for.

As far as air assist, I think Adrenaline to offer it. The Intelifeed from the Angel to the hopper is pretty easy to install, and it works awsome.