Community Focus

Old 08-23-2009, 04:18 PM #1
thaballer1028

thaballer1028 helped look for balloons
thaballer1028 is playing at Living Legends III
thaballer1028 is for the Gunfight
thaballer1028 supports Sherwood Forest
tape side question

ok if im playing snake corner, should i worry about crossing the field or should i just focus on making sure no one comes down my tape?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:30 PM #2
wanta3g0
2B1ASK1

wanta3g0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Depend's... If you got a guy on your team in snake or trying to get into snake keep his snake corner in his bunker so he can get upfield. If no-1 is there or he get's taken out either you bump snake or cross it up

WTB - cheap luxe - have cash
wanta3g0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM #3
OGballer2
All about the Buddha

OGballer2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OGballer2 supports Team VICIOUS
OGballer2 is for the Gunfight
Its all where you put your guys.If your sendin a guy to snake and a guy to the corner you have to help out both ur players.So if ur corner is tellin u to cross it up, let ur snake player know,and cross it up with your corner cuz u dont want someone running down your dorito side.But other than that just watch your snakes tape and once in a while just look inside.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:13 PM #4
redchris37

when im in snake I dont care where he's shooting as long as he's talking to me and protecting me from getting bunkered.
redchris37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:56 PM #5
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It depends on the layout. If the corners are placed far enough out to shoot a snake player's pack, you need to stay on the tape at all times. If you have a layout like Phoenix 09 where the snake heads come out significantly further than the corners, you have some wiggle room. Generally speaking, it's best to stay on your tape unless you see a big run coming down the inside or your teammates tell you to cross it up. If the other team has nobody on the snake side, start to wrap and then see if you can bump up.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 PM #6
my_password_is_cool
im a 2k5er.

i know whenever im in the snake i prefer to have someone watching my tape at all times. it makes it so the snake guy can play a little bit looser and not have to worry about getting bunkered down the tape. 90% of the time in snake youll be looking inside so youre very vulnerable to the tape, which is why its good to have someone always watching it
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM #7
Pain-N-Panic

Yeah, pretty much everyone said it...if you got a man in snake, watch his tape...but if the other team has no one snake side...tell him to bump up and wrap and start crossing it up.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 AM #8
Biostatik
Army 50cal gunner

now, im not a tourny player...and i have no idea what 'tape' is. buut i like to play snake, and usually end up getting ganged up on after i pull my tricks more than 2 rounds in a row. what i do is head for the side the snake is on, tuck into a bunker near it, or which ever bunker has some kind of line for advancement. hopefully the other team sees that no one went for snake, and thinks im going to move up that line they saw me go to. when the opportunity comes, usually after snapping a bit with my mark, i get his head down, check the coast and move to the snake faster than a chipmonk with an acorn. if i know there is no one on snake, i low crawl like MUTHA, and i can move quick in the prone. get to the opposite side of the field and take out my mark who still thinks im in that bunker. then anyone else in my sights.
i played at a private field the other weekend with a buncha new people, and pulled this 2 times in a row, getting 3 the first round, and 2 the second. on the 3rd round i come up the snake and here im staring 3 guys down with markers drawn. lol. can u say ambush? it goes to **** once in a while and i get screwed. but its the strategy i aim for. since when does a plan always go as planned. just dont do it everytime, haha.
Biostatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM #9
SameBIG CHIEF
Si vis pacem, para bellum

SameBIG CHIEF plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaballer1028 View Post
ok if im playing snake corner, should i worry about crossing the field or should i just focus on making sure no one comes down my tape?
Snake Corner's main job is to communicate with the snake player on when to bump and what to shoot. As long as you have a home player or dorito side player still in, I would only head check to the inside on occasion. Shoot tape to allow the snake to advance. If you can shoot your mirror out then you can help on the inside. Most field layouts have a car wash or dollhouse or spike or some type of big bunker in the center to prevent there being clear shots across the middle.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:42 PM #10
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
What I have been told from the pro's I have had the pleasure of dealing with is to focus mainly on your tape.

No one is shooting at you from the net, so take advantage of that. Posting on the tape side will allow you to assist the movement of your guy in front (dorito or snake). Let them take the cross shots, as they are better further up the field.

One caveat is that you can still take shots inside to keep the other players honest, but you must remain focused on the tape so that you and your partner can advance...
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM #11
Biostatik
Army 50cal gunner

what is this...'tape' you speak of
Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM #12
paintballerx34
Forsaken #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameBIG CHIEF View Post
Snake Corner's main job is to communicate with the snake player on when to bump and what to shoot. As long as you have a home player or dorito side player still in, I would only head check to the inside on occasion. Shoot tape to allow the snake to advance. If you can shoot your mirror out then you can help on the inside. Most field layouts have a car wash or dollhouse or spike or some type of big bunker in the center to prevent there being clear shots across the middle.
WHY GIRLS SHOULD DATE A PB PLAYER: 1.WE KNOW HOW TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY. 2.WE ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTION. 3.WE HAVE AT LEAST A 14 INCH BARREL. 4.WE FIRE OFF HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS WITHOUT GETTING TIRED. 5.WE KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. 6.WE CAN FIT INTO TIGHT SPOTS. 7.WE LOVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE. 8.WE NEVER FORGET TO LUBE OUR PRODUCTS. 9.MONEY IS NO LIMIT. 10. A CONDOM IS A MUST

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.
George S. Patton

Signed Ollie Lang Jersey for Sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3003683
paintballerx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 PM #13
pilotsoldier83
oh ya that guy!!!

pilotsoldier83 plays in the PSP
pilotsoldier83 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pilotsoldier83 supports Team VICIOUS
pilotsoldier83 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biostatik View Post
what is this...'tape' you speak of
The "tape" is pretty much the side of the field outside of the snake and doritos. think of it as the sidelines of a football field.

Friendly Fire D4 5 Man http://friendlyfirepb.com/ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fri...22476141110273
http://www.cppbaz.com/Killing for The Command Post
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=385571
Alex Savino's #1 fan
pilotsoldier83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM #14
Biostatik
Army 50cal gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotsoldier83 View Post
The "tape" is pretty much the side of the field outside of the snake and doritos. think of it as the sidelines of a football field.
thats what i figured but wanted to be sure. thanks.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 AM #15
The_Insanity
Paintball Addict

prolly watch tape. because:

I was at USPL this weekend and there was a perfect example as to why. couple of D1 teams were on the field, it was down to 2 on 3, but on the 2 team there was a gun down, so it was basically 1 on 3. the snake guy litterally came all the way down snake and bunkered the first guy (who should have been watching tape) came all the way across field and bunkered the 2nd guy in the center, then basically strolled back up and bunkered the third guy. it was BEAUTIFUL. and a perfect reason why the outside guys need to watch tape.
Redz Pepper Stick Barrel Kit
Throttle 45/70
The_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:36 PM #16
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
well if ur playing 7 man ur pretty much down the tape the entire game. but unless someone gets in the 40 dorito or the 50 dorito u shldnt need to look cross field if ur playing xball. Bc its going to block out all ur shots its better to play tape, then wrap on the outside of the bunker and try to get a guy in the snake that way
2 Cyborg 6s, Vanquish 1.5, Ego11, Protégé FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post84973761
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:42 PM #17
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Assuming you have a guy in the snake in front of you... which is probably the only reason on most layouts you'd hang out for a while in the snake corner...

Your JOB is to protect and communicate with the snake player.

You can shoot down tape to do this, you can wrap around the inside and alternate targets to do this, it's all up to the field and where your lanes and opponents are. You can do what you can to help the rest of your team but you MUST do your JOB. Shooting down the tape is the simplest way to do your JOB but it may not always be the best... that depends on circumstances.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 PM #18
Im at school 23

Im at school 23 plays in the PSP
the first thing i do when i get to snake corner is look for the the inside move to shut down the tape then i usally watch down my tape waiting fo the opportunity to make that move to present itself
Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 PM #19
PrestonBurns

PrestonBurns is a Paintball photographer
PrestonBurns plays in the APPA D5 division
It's possible to watch tape and shoot cross field, it's hard to explain, but it's possible.

It works best when being coached.

PrestonBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:57 PM #20
immike
ECHS

immike supports Team VICIOUS
if your small n quick like me then crwal down to fifty shoot cross feild to get a G or 2 n then if somone comes n bunkers u ur already looking down tape n ull either get a tradeout or get him first dont flame me im just giving mi advice
NER #11
Ima Show You, How Great I Am
immike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:08 AM #21
MT_BlueReign8
Practice Hard, Win Easy

MT_BlueReign8 supports Cereal Killerz 2
MT_BlueReign8 supports Team VICIOUS
MT_BlueReign8 is an NCPA player
MT_BlueReign8 plays in the APPA D4 division
We teach our snake corner to NEVER come off the tape if his front player is still alive, if he turns inside for 3 seconds that can allow someone to fill the snake or come bunker our player. Note that just because he is ON the tape he is not necessarily shooting the tape line, he can shoot over the knuckles of the snake or to the inside of his mirror trying to force him out into a lane.

If your snake player dies then it is whatever you all planned needs to get into action fast. Either the corner needs to fill and let someone fill his spot, or someone else fills while he continues to do his job.

#8 - Chuck Robinson

2010 - SEPS D4 Series Champions
2010 - MSXL D4 Series Runner Up
MT_BlueReign8 is offline   Reply With Quote