on September 26th, 2009
TEAM LIST
FREE AGENTS

E3 – The DBS Open
@ Doodlebug Sportz Outdoor Paintball Park
on November 7th, 2009
TEAM LIST
FREE AGENTS

We will be utilizing the APPA player tracking system. We feel that this is the most comprehensive system available and will stand behind it. Due to discrepancies with other systems, we reserve the right to classify players that participate in non-APPA sanctioned events as we see fit.

PLEASE CONTACT THE EVENT PROMOTER THROUGH EMAIL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CLASSIFICATION. (danny_doodlebugsportz@verizon.net)

__________________________________________________ __________

Entry Fees & Registration

Registration for teams is open.

Final deadline is 3 days prior to the event date at 11:59 PM (PST).

Early entry deadline is TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO EVENT DATE at 11:59PM (PST)

The maximum amount of teams we can accept for this event will be 30. Registration is on a first come first serving basis. If you miss the deadlines you will not play in the event.

Beginner 3man
This division is to introduce players into the tournament paintball world.

Single Event Entry Fee - $80
Late Entry - $110

D5 3man
This division is the first step of the Survivor Series classifications. Only D5 players will be allowed on a D5 roster.

Single Event Entry Fee - $100
Late Entry - $130

OPEN 4man
Players ranking from D4 up to D2 can participate.

Single Event Entry Fee - $130
Late Entry - $170

Full Season Entry
We are now offering an option to prepay for the “Summer Series.” To do this, please contact the event promoter through email (danny_doodlebugsportz@verizon.net)

Beginner 3man $220
D5 3man $270
Open 4man $320

Any teams found to be have any players that do not qualify for a division rostered for the event will be allowed to finish participating, but will not be eligible to move past prelims, or eligible to receive any prizes.

PAINTBALLS

Only paintballs purchased at the event will be allowed.

Anyone found shooting paintballs that were not purchased at the event will have all points removed until that point in the tournament. Paintballs will be sold by the case only. We inspect all paintballs prior to handing them out to ensure they are in top quality and that there are no broken paintballs within the case.

I do everything in my power to ensure that only the highest quality paintballs are available at the events. Rest assured that the paintballs you use at the event are stored at the appropriate temperatures the night before, loaded up in the morning, and stored properly throughout the event.

Samples of each grade of paintball will be available to allow you to properly inspect prior to purchasing any paintballs.

We will have three different grades of paintballs at our events
Entry level: $45
Mid Grade $55
Tournament Grade $65

All paint sales are final.

PRIZES
As highly requested by the players, medals will be provided to each team that places in the top 3 of their respected division.

D5 & OPEN prizes notice:
As an incentive to the players to help promote the series a tiered prize package will be utilized based on the number of teams within the given division that enter the event. To better accommodate to our players we will be providing three options for each prize package within this division.

Beginner Prizes
1st – Free entry to the next event + 3 cases of paintballs
2nd – 3 cases of paintballs
3rd – 3 free field pass to a DBS paintball park

D5 & OPEN PRIZES
I am currently working on securing prizes for the event. I am looking at offering three different prize options for each prize package which should include an option of paintball product, OR paintballs, OR gift certificates.

EXAMPLE (based off last season prizes)
1st (3) ION XE's, OR (15) Cases of paintballs, OR $500 DBS Gift Certificate

I will be working on posting the prizes package ASAP, but felt it was important to release the information that has been locked down to better inform our players and market the events.

I want to say thank you to everyone that is supporting local paintball and the Survivor Series NW. I am working on an extensive marketing program to help introduce new players into the series, and have added an open division to help include top local players in our effort to prove the highest quality events, venues, and experiences. Thanks again to everyone that is helping in our efforts to grow paintball here in the Northwest,

Danny Cort

LuxePbCentral - Your #1 Stop for Everything Luxe -
PM me for any Luxe / Parts! I can get custom Luxes for you!!!
PaintballNW.com - Local Event Coverage & Promotion!
PM me to request event coverage & make suggestions!

Last edited by DC19 : 06-01-2009 at 03:10 AM.
DC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:43 AM #2
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Registration Information

How do I register for a Survivor Series event?

STEP ONE: Register for Player ID Numbers - Each player should fill out this form to have a Player ID Number emailed to them. One person may collect all of the player information and fill out the form using their email address if necessary.

STEP TWO: Sign Up the Team - The person who will be in charge of the team should use their ID number to register the team. If your team has already played a Survivor Series event, it is important that you use the same Team ID Number you used the last time you played (enter the Team ID Number and Password in the appropriate boxes). If you reregister your team for a NEW ID number instead of using your existing one, you will lose any ranking and seed points from your old team. If you have not played an event before, click on the link to register a new team.

STEP THREE: Pay your Team Entry Fee - Go to the team list for your event, scroll down to your team name, and click the payment button. Once your payment is accepted, "Payment Accepted" will be displayed. Remember that the number of spots in each division is limited, and your spot is only guaranteed if your payment is accepted! Payment can also be made at one of our DBS Retail Outlets.

*SAVE $10 PER ROSTERED PLAYER BY SUBMITTING PAYMENT TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT DATE!*

Complete your roster - Go to the team list for your event, and click on "Roster" next to your team name. Use your players' ID numbers to add them to your roster. You can change your roster anytime up to the online registration deadline, so even if you're not sure about your roster, make sure you PAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to get your spot and update your roster later. If your roster is not complete by the online registration deadline, you will be assessed a fee of up to $20 per person to add someone to your roster after the deadline has passed. Completing your roster on-time makes check-in easier for everyone, so make sure you do so!

IMPORTANT!

Government-issued Photo ID is required for all persons 17 or older.

Players under 17 must have one of the following:
-Government-issued photo ID card with birth date.
-Birth certificate or driving permit with birth date AND photo school identification.
-Birth certificate or driving permit with birth date AND a copy of the person's most recent yearbook with that person's photograph.
-Photo school identification with birth date.

*No other identification will be accepted under any circumstances. If a person cannot present acceptable identification, they will not be able to check in, and will not be allowed to participate in the event.*

Last edited by DC19 : 06-01-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:43 AM #3
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Format

This page covers the following:
The Game
Penalties
Miscellaneous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GAME: This is a complete breakdown of how all parts of a game will take place.

Your Goal: to capture the flag from the center flag station and hang it on the other teams start station without being eliminated.

Game Preparation: all teams will be require to be at the field entry point prior to the beginning of the game BEFORE them. All players on the team will then be required to show their wristband that is marked with their team name, chronograph their markers, and will have their markers checked for "bounce." Both teams will be informed which side of the field they will be starting from. At the conclusion of the game prior you will be sent on to the field to play your game.

Games will not be delayed for players that did not arrive at the entry station prior to the start of the game before them.
Games will not be delayed for players with marker problems. It is the players responsibility to ensure his/her equipment is in working condition.
If players markers fail to pass inspection then that player will be given the option to play the game without a marker, or sit out.

On the Field: Head directly to your start station. The head referee will be located at the 50 on the snake side of the field. He will be the referee that starts the game. To start the game, all players must have their barrel touching the start station and their barrel tip must be below their waist.

Starting the Game: Once both teams are at their start station the referee will begin the game by raising his hand and yelling "game will begin in five seconds." There will be five seconds of silence, then he will simultaneously drop his hand and yell "GAME ON."

Any player that removes his barrel from the start station prior to the GAME ON call will be given the opportunity to tag up, meaning that as long as they do not fire their marker or point it down field they can touch their barrel to the start station and begin playing. If they player is hit during this time he will be eliminated as he has been marked. If the player fires his marker he will be eliminated as he started the game early.

2 points for each live player at the conclusion of the game.
1 point to the team that removes the flag from the flag station first.
3 points to the team that hangs the flag on the other teams start station.

In order to get points for removing the flag from the flag station, the player that pulls the flag must have it in his possession for 3 full seconds or make 3 complete steps. A complete step is completed each time one of your feet hit the ground. If they player gets shot after he grabs the flag but before 3 seconds or 3 full steps (whichever comes first) then the point will not be awarded.

The Conclusion of the Game: the game will end at the earliest of the following:

3 minutes of game time,
all players being eliminated, OR
when the flag is hung at a start station.

At the conclusion of the game all live players will be required to report to a field judge. That judge will determine if the player is live or eliminated. If the player finds any hits on a player the player will be eliminated along with another player. If that eliminates the last player on the team, then zero points will be awarded to the team and the points for the flag pull (one point) and the flag hang (three points) will go to the opposing team.

Before Leaving the Field: the head referee that starts the game will be in charge of the game score sheet. After all players check in team scores will be recorded, and we ask that the team captain sign the score sheet acknowledging it is correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PENALTIES: the following actions will be considered infractions and your team will receive the prescribed penalty.

Overshooting: any player that intentionally continues to shoot at a player after he has been eliminated will also be eliminated.

Wiping: any player that deliberately attempts to hide or conceal a hit, or is caught wiping paint off himself/herself will be eliminated from the game along with the rest of his team. That player will be suspended for the remainder of the event and the team will be required to play short for the remainder of the current round. EXAMPLE: a player wipes a hit in prelims, he will be suspended for the remainder of the event and the team will be allowed to field a maximum of two players for the remainder of prelims. If the team moves onto the next round, they will then be allowed to field three players, but the player that committed the infraction will not be allowed to play as he is suspended.

Players are not to remove any paint from themselves. If the player gets paint on themselves from rubbing against a bunker, kneeling/sliding, etc... the player is to inform the referee and the referee will remove the paint if he feels it did not result from a direct hit.

Playing On: a player is eliminated the second he is marked by a paintball. If a player fires his marker, continues to advance down the field, or continues to communicate with his team, not only will he be eliminated but so will one of his teammates. If no other players are remaining then the team will be required to start the next game with two players.

Unobvious hits: a player will not be accessed a penalty if he is hit in the pack or front of the hopper unless the referee determines the player acknowledged the hit. EXAMPLE: if a player is looking right and shooting, gets shot in the pack from the left, then decides to shoot left, the player will be accessed a penalty for playing on.

NOTE: penalties are at the discretion of the referee staff. If a player receives a hit, but in the referees opinion did not feel or know about the hit, the referee is not obligated to access a penalty.

MISCELLANEOUS:

Trading Out: If two or more players are marked simultaneously, both will be eliminated. If a referee witnessed the exchanged and feels that one player clearly marked the opposing player first, then that player will be left in. In the event no judge witnessed the exchange all parties with a mark shall be mutually eliminated from the game.

Checking In: It is the players responsibility to notify a referee when he takes paint if it comes from anything other than a direct hit. If the referee feels that the paint came from a direct hit, the player is to be eliminated. If the referee feels it came from anything other than a direct hit, he will remove the paint from the player whenever he can do so without interrupting the game.

Possessions: Each player must maintain possession of all equipment he brought onto the field except for the following disposable items: pods & squeegees. Equipment will be considered discarded if the player is more than 3 feet from that equipment. If a player discards equipment he/she will be eliminated. The flag is considered equipment once you remove it from the flag station. If you discard or leave the flag behind you will be eliminated. You are allowed to hand the flag to a teammate without receiving a penalty.

Out of bounds: a player will be considered out of bounds if he touches the netting around the field, or crosses the field boundry line. This includes if any of his equipment goes out of bounds. EXAMPLE: if your hopper comes off when you dive into your bunker and goes out of bounds then you will be eliminated.

Last edited by DC19 : 06-01-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 AM #4
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
The DBS KIDZ monthly training sessions
In addition to the Summer Showdown, the DBS KIDZ will be offer training sessions at the DBS INDOOR FACILITY. These training sessions will be run by some of the best players here in the Northwest, with minimal expense to the participant.

These training sessions will focus on the development of the attending participants. Sessions will start promptly at 6:00 PM and conclude at 9:00 PM. Each training session will consist of a number of drills, game situations, and other methods utilized by the DBS KIDZ to train for national events.

Entry
$20 with paintball purchase
$25 without paintball purchase

Paintballs starting at $42 per case.

Training Sessions dates
May 19th, 2009
July 7th, 2009
August 4th, 2009
September 8th, 2009
October 6th, 2009

Testimonials from our first clinic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldschool View Post
Well let me be the first to say thanks. The clinic was great! I dont care what level of a player you are, your going to learn at these clinics ways to improve your game and as a team ways to take it to the next level. I personaly learned tonight that I have many areas that need improvement and they taught me how to work on those areas with simple drills and techniques. If there was a sign-up sheet there for the next clinic I would already be signed up. I have never spent better money on paintball. I cant say enough, just...thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwutang View Post
The DBS Clinic was super sweet last night! If you missed it, then you better not miss the next one. There was so many drills and one on one coaching. Freakin amazing! I learned more last night than I have in the three years of just messing around and shooting paint...Much thanks to DBS and the DBS Kids...A special thanks to Alex, Danny, Eric, Nate, and Simon! Look forward to the next one!
SEE THE OFFICIAL THREAD LOCATED AT THIS LINK

Last edited by DC19 : 06-01-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 AM #5
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Reserved for News & Updates
Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 AM #6
brentsoffey
Wear Sunscreen

brentsoffey supports Cereal Killerz 2
brentsoffey donated to help Peyton Trent
brentsoffey supports Bob Gurnsey
brentsoffey plays in the APPA D5 division
*Came in to work @ 7am to find I didn't work today...but still on PbNation*

Looks great, Danny. I'd say let errrrrybody know about what the tiers are ASAP, but you already said you would

And thank you for not making the dates coincide with KC's 24-hr game! *airs out camo get-up*

Music is the only sensual pleasure without vice.
brentsoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:52 AM #7
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Awesome... that pretty much sums things up!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:02 PM #8
l_Dustin_l

l_Dustin_l donated to help Peyton Trent
l_Dustin_l plays in the APPA beginner division
l_Dustin_l is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
l_Dustin_l is Legendary
nice i thinking of playing this

R.I.P Jesse 1980-2008
"Originally posted by mo0op: **** that ****. That even goes along with having a girl grope my balls. I don't like that **** either. It's just a trust thing, I guess. I like keeping my nuts well protected. in another mans *** or mouth"
l_Dustin_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:18 PM #9
poopresearch
Dr Nick

Thinking of? I'm definitely playing if a team needs me. Just took at look at my APPA classification and I'm D5.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 PM #10
moyer#600
~notorious~

yo poop wanna put together a throw together team? lol
moyer#600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 PM #11
poopresearch
Dr Nick

Perhaps... not sure what's going on yet. I may be guesting with an existing team. If that falls through, then I may be very interested in doing a throw together for fun.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM #12
moyer#600
~notorious~

i will work on putting it together an reserve a spot for you? lmk
Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 PM #13
Nickorus

Nickorus donated to help Peyton Trent
<---- needs a team for this, or anything else xD
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 PM #14
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
No Outbreak?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 PM #15
Nickorus

Doesn't look like it, both of my teammates have been really inactive lately, and both aren't really going to start playing again until they have jobs.... so its been just me going around on throw together teams lately xD
Old 06-01-2009, 11:46 PM #16
Kris55 pb player
militia kids

^^^ get this guy a team
fun guy to play and has good experience plus hes good
i got you kid
Old 06-02-2009, 12:36 AM #17
moyer#600
~notorious~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickorus View Post
Doesn't look like it, both of my teammates have been really inactive lately, and both aren't really going to start playing again until they have jobs.... so its been just me going around on throw together teams lately xD
nick you down? 4 man open?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:47 AM #18
poopresearch
Dr Nick

Quote:
nick you down? 4 man open?
Log in the APPA webpage. You guys are probably still D5 eligible so why not play that rather than blowing your status?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 AM #19
Nickorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
Log in the APPA webpage. You guys are probably still D5 eligible so why not play that rather than blowing your status?
Yea, I was about to say I have just barely gotten into rookie, so I don't think I would want to go strait to Open, especially when I don't even have a team lol.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:45 AM #20
moyer#600
~notorious~

ok rookie then
Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM #21
Nickorus

Possibly, where do you normally practice?
ReplyRegional Ups