Community Focus

Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 PM #1
SHADOWofFAIR

SHADOWofFAIR supports Team VICIOUS
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Stock reg problem

I was playin last sat and I took a dive and slamed my elbow fitting and it started to leak since smartparts used red locktight on it I can't get it off and I even took a blowdryer to the fitting it only sofened the mettal and iv stripped the nut on the fitting with vices any suggestions?

SP original/Ion XE lover right here

Last edited by SHADOWofFAIR : 08-17-2009 at 09:13 PM.
SHADOWofFAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2009, 02:43 PM #2
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't use a torch, use a blowdryer. I don't know about gripping the nut though. You may be screwed and have to buy a new reg. If that's the case, you can probably find an Ion part out for dirt cheap.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 PM #3
angelofdeath187

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWofFAIR View Post
I was playin last sat and I took a dive and slamed my elbow fitting and it started to leak since smartparts used red locktight on it I can't get it off and I even took a torch to the fitting it only sofened the mettal and iv stripped the nut on the fitting with vices any suggestions?
this is why you use the proper tools not a vice.
angelofdeath187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM #4
SHADOWofFAIR

SHADOWofFAIR supports Team VICIOUS
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SHADOWofFAIR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
Don't use a torch, use a blowdryer. I don't know about gripping the nut though. You may be screwed and have to buy a new reg. If that's the case, you can probably find an Ion part out for dirt cheap.
I actually meant to say blowdryer I just blew that a bit out of perportion, iv already have a new reg "in sig" I just wanted to use this one again so it would stay in working order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofdeath187 View Post
this is why you use the proper tools not a vice.
Ok I slightly deserve that because I failed to mension that I did start with the "proper" tools thank very much. I tried the wrench sp provided and that's when it originally startted to round the fitting. Then I tried a craftsmen wrench same effect so there was nothing left but the vice grips.

If your going to post actually contribue to the thread. If not stop wasteing others and my time reading your pointless post.

Any other suggestion that might ACTUALLY help

SP original/Ion XE lover right here
SHADOWofFAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 PM #5
angelofdeath187

Ok I slightly deserve that because I failed to mension that I did start with the "proper" tools thank very much. I tried the wrench sp provided and that's when it originally startted to round the fitting. Then I tried a craftsmen wrench same effect so there was nothing left but the vice grips.

If your going to post actually contribue to the thread. If not stop wasteing others and my time reading your pointless post.

Any other suggestion that might ACTUALLY help[/quote]

take a chill god damn. blowdryer shouldn't soften the aluminum well depending what type of cheap crap s.p. used. is it totally rounded? you turning it the right way?
angelofdeath187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 PM #6
RogueShooter

You want to get a set of screw extractors. Saw off the fitting just above the nut (so that the nut is still attached to the part going into the reg) and then stick the proper size extractor in there and turn it counterclockwise with an adjustable wrench. If that doesn't work, I actually have a stock reg I'll sell you for cheap just pm me if you need it.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is online now   Reply With Quote