Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2014, 02:17 AM #1
whodoifollow

Phantom help

I'm thinking of buying a phantom and attaching a Asa on it so I can attaché a macro line directly to the gun.
But i want to know if any Asa will fit on any phantom.
And if someone could explain, exactly how to make it into open class cause I don't really understand.

As well as after i have added a asa, how would i install the fittings and macro line from the asa to the gun itself. basically where does the 2nd fitting go

something kinda like this http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...491565900.html
would that work with any of the phantoms? or is it better if i bought one of these http://paintballgateway.com/cciphpugunve2.html

or this http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4086213 (hope its okay to use this link)
^^^^^ is this what he is using?

http://paintballgateway.com/cciphpugunre.html < is that what goes where the Co2 tank should be so i can put a fitting on it to connect a asa ?

are there any down sides or upsides of having my air system set up this way?

Last edited by whodoifollow : 06-09-2014 at 06:03 AM.
whodoifollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 AM #2
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
PsychoticSteve23 is playing at Living Legends VII
PsychoticSteve23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 is Legendary
PsychoticSteve23 supports Empire
Open class is anything that is not true stock class. So if you are not using 10 rd tubes and 12g co2 then you are open class. So asa, or adding a hopper or a larger co2 tank you would be using an open class marker. As far as the asa mounting, it depends if you using a direct mount that screws right into the handle or if you want to use a different kind you just would need a rail that mounts to the handle the an asa that fits on that rail.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 AM #3
whodoifollow

so basically the phantom has the screws to fit any direct asa or rail mount for a asa?
Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM #4
Nahib_Stilgar

Basically you are looking to take a VSC phantom and make it Open Class right?

You will need:
-a 45* frame (The mounting blocks for the M16 frame exist but are harder to find)
-an ASA (direct mount or rail mount...keep in mind the phantom frame will put that ASA at a 5* downward angle)
-either an Air through forgrip or an ASA to 1/8npt adapter
-some macro line and some fittings.
-an open class body and an elbow or the SC to DF adapter and a CCM feedneck

Install your ASA to your frame.
If you have a VSC set up already, then remove the 12g changer, screw in the forgrip or the ASA to 1/8 adapter
If you have a back bottle set up, use the ASA adapter there
Run the macroline to either the gas through, or the ASA adapter
Replace the SC body with the OC body...or remove the feedblock and install the SC/DF adapter.

Screw in tank. Mow faces.

If you are planning to use HPA...keep in mind a standard, stock phantom requires ~800psi to operate. If your tank does not put that out...you may have to swap springs and such.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 AM #5
whodoifollow

oh wow, thanks! what one that list is actually Necessary?

and will a ninja 45/4500 put out 800 psi?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:24 AM #6
Nahib_Stilgar

What do you already have?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:31 AM #7
whodoifollow

i was thinking of buying a used or new stock class phantom and making it into a open class
Old 06-09-2014, 12:25 PM #8
Nahib_Stilgar

If you currently don't have anything you will need a phantom and everything else on that list...

However it would be MUCH easier, and faster, and cheaper to buy a new or used already Open Class phantom. There are tons in the BST or call Mike at CCI and tell him what you want and he can set you up.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:40 AM #9
turbowagonman
Old school from way back!

This is my Phantom set up for Stock Class: Stock Class Body, Vertical ASA, 12 Gram Bucket Changer

This is the same gun with a different body set for HPA that I ran with in the Winter. Here I have a right feed body, CP rail and On/Off ASA (as Nahib_Stilgar said the tank is at a 5* angle so I put a #10 washer under 1 of the screws to offset the angle), 2 macro line fittings and a 13 CI tank.

Here I have it set up with an On/Off ASA going into a 1/8 adaptor into the Vertical ASA (I converted this in about 5 minutes).

I hope this helps a little bit
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:21 AM #10
turbowagonman

If all you want to do is run a Phantom with a tank here is another set up. I have a 4 OZ Co2 tank hanging off of the Vertical ASA, I run with 15 tubes on my back and 12 rounds loaded in the Clear Cram-n-Jam so that is 162 rounds per game and this tank will shoot that much. I use this set up when I go to chrono at the beginning of the day.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:42 AM #11
Oregondunes
Unpaid Lacky

Mike at CCI sells any and every part you want to convert to HPA
Oregondunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:37 PM #12
Ohmslaw79

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
Bit of a necropost here but Do you use 10 round tubes like that during a game or is it just there for show?
If you do, do you need something special for it?
Ohmslaw79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:58 PM #13
turbowagonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmslaw79 View Post
Bit of a necropost here but Do you use 10 round tubes like that during a game or is it just there for show?
If you do, do you need something special for it?
I played this past summer like that except I put a bucket changer on it like in the post above. I just run with up to 15 - 10 round tubes on my back "capless" and they just "Cram" into the acrylic piece. Hence the name "Cram-N-Jam". If you have the black Horizontal feed I think you can just unscrew the 10/12/15 round tube (whichever size is on your gun) and it'll work in the same way.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 AM #14
Ohmslaw79

Allright, thanks!
Ohmslaw79 is offline   Reply With Quote