Community Focus

Old 07-01-2016, 01:48 AM #1
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

has been a member for 10 years
Cdn_Cuda owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cdn_Cuda supports Ninja Paintball
2K5 Black Magic Pump Spring Questions

Just got my paws an a really nicely built 2K5 Black Magic autococker (the half block one) and am looking for some information on tuning. The previous owner did a nice build (CCM pump kit, 86 degree trigger frame with auto trigger etc) but seems to have not done the best job choosing springs (hammer and valve).

Now I know this marker uses the trilogy style valves, but from previous posts I have read that the valve spring should be a spyder spring and not a cocker spring. Is there any drawback to using a cocker valve spring?

Also, in my limited test firing I seem to lose velocity during auto triggering. Am I correct this is a symptom of poorly setup springs?

I currently have a cocker madman spring kit and a handful of various springs from previous cocker builds and purchases. I'm just looking for a little advice to help trim down the tinkering time on this marker.

Thanks,
Cuda
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2016, 02:15 AM #2
Oldandsneaky
What's a 12ie?

Annual Supporting Member
Oldandsneaky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Oldandsneaky supports Ninja Paintball
Well, I think a "Trilogy" valve just means 11/16" diameter. As far as springs, the cocker valve spring is a lot shorter than a spyder valve spring. (The spyder and Trilogy valves load into the front of the marker.) Most (all?)cocker springs and valves go into the back and are secured by the retaining nut.
I just checked pbgateway and it looks like the 2K5 black magic internals are just like other cockers except for the larger valve.

I would recommend sweet spotting the reg and then setting the hammer lug and see how it shoots.
"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." Bob Marley
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:25 PM #3
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

Thanks Old. I have a pump karni that I have been comparing unaired pump stroke to and it feels pretty good, so I don't believe a spider spring would be necessary, but I just wanted to check. I'll hopefully get a chance to sweetspot the reg soon.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:11 AM #4
sniper88org

sniper88org has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sniper88org supports Ninja Paintball
use the cocker springs

use your mad man kit I've been dealing with these guns first came out in 1988 and was called budorr sniper rifles I designed a auto trigger for my 88 four months after I bought it quite fun back then making up parts that were not thought of yet for that gun but ccm does a excellent job on theirs. use the red and blue springs keeps all my personal guns shooting long and strait and I have shot people 150 to 200 yards easy I had refs come check my gun cause I was hitting a guy so far away 300 plus yards but you have too count for wind and everything that far away the ref shot 30 rounds thru my gun out of the 30 1 ball was over the 285 cap it was 287 he started laughing at the guy
sniper88org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:43 PM #5
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

Finally got a little time to play around with the Black Magic on the weekend and had good success. Switch out the barrel to a properly sized Freak and dusted off the chrono and was consistently in the low 290s. Most the local fields max at 300, so it's perfect. Now just have to actually get out and play a few rounds with it.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:33 PM #6
rated_08

Add some ccm springs and spot the reg at 250 ..then adjust from the ivg if need to ..1 turn should do it