Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 AM #1
WoodsBaller57
GRATEFUL DEAD-ly

Lightbulb CCM S6.5 - A Dual Arm? - or - A Quad Rod?

EDIT: Includes Picture of marker with the Dust Red CCM Aluminum Trigger installed

Before I acquired my S6.5, my son had a T2 and I was impressed with how solid the dual arm setup felt and enjoyed the smooth stroke.
After I had my 6.5 for a number of months I made an observation about the shape of the marker’s body, that the sides being mirror images of each other, that the 6.5 could have a second pump arm on the right that would match left side pump arm (without the auto-trigger).
With the shape and size of the Easy Grip Pump Handle, a right arm could be tapped and screwed into the pump plate and the second arm would go straight back down the groove on the right.

To visualize it, I took a wooden skewer and laid it in place and it looked like it would work perfectly! But what to do at the back block?

I had seen the Slot Blocker made by “Stormin’Norman” that had been available and thought "That could be a possibility".

Then a last spring saw a posting on the CCM thread in the Armory about someone that had already,
actually done a build similar to what I was thinking about and had built a Quad Rod S6.5

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...te=1&p=3129276

So after reading that article, I decided that I really needed to find a machinist who could make that setup A Reality for me.
Shortly there after, when I went to Spring Pump Event 2015, I met Ken with KPCS who does Custom Machining and makes some incredible markers, including the Dual Body Phantom Ditto Deuce http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/k...ml#post1893659[/url] (I had the pleasure of playing Funsi00’s at SPE the year before).
Ken and I discussed the possibility of doing the Quad Rod Project...after our discussion, all I had to do was find a SlotBlocker.

Prior to starting this project, I had already been trying to get one, but they were no longer being produced. I had tried getting one by posting WTB threads and when I had seen 6.5s posted for sale that had them installed, I made offers to buy the slot block from seller.
After Eight Months of unsuccessful searching, I had just about given up on the idea of the whole project. Then out of the blue, I ended up getting an offer to sell me a slot-blocker from m0n0mana (member on MCB). I jumped on the offer and he sent me a Gloss Black one all the way from Belgium.

So now that I had my slot blocker, I contacted Ken at KPCS and discussed the project. He asked a bunch of good questions and we discussed what was needed and how he would do it. At that point, I discovered that he does powder coating, so he agreed to also powder coated my slot-blocker and the little lever lock on my CCM feedneck. I made arrangements to ship it to him and over the next couple weeks he did his magic, for a reasonable price.
We PM’ed and texted a couple times regarding the work to be done and I asked about progress.
Ken has limited time to work on paintball projects and doesn’t give timelines for when the work will be done. If you have KPCS do work for you, respect that rule. You may have to wait and you may be curious as to when it will be done but rest assured...It IS Worth the Wait! If you want one, he can make it happen.
You can find him under Airsmiths onMCB KPCS Customs - mcarterbrown.com

I got my marker back on Saturday the 6th, with plans to play at the Chili Bowl -
Big Game at Xtreme Paintball Park in Millstadt IL on SuperBowl Sunday.

The was a slight problem, it wasn't cocking correctly. I went to make an adjustment, but was in a hurry to make an adjustment to get it working. I Made a Mistake and broke the Shoulder Pin (the little nub on the auto-trigger arm that actuates the lever for the auto trigger). I cursed and realized that in order to play with it the next day, that I had to remove the auto trigger cam, which did get the marker to work…one shot at a time, but it worked.

Sunday, I went to the Big Game. It was a great day, warm weather and a Huge Crowd of players, reportedly 250?. The marker worked very well, even with no auto trigger

On Monday, I worked on it and I ended up calling CCM to order a new Pump Arm and while I was on the phone and asked to speak with Bill. I told him about the setup and we discussed how prior to my breaking the Shoulder Pin, it was firing too early, the depth of the lug and the length of the arms he was great to talk to and was really helpful in getting me to the point of figuring out the problem. As it turned out, there needed to be a little adjustment to the how far the new arm was screwed into the front pump plate and how far both of the pump arms were screwed into the back block/slot blocker.
My marker’s slight problem turned out to be a "Geometry Thing"…the minor adjustments that I made, changed the whole arrangement (pump - arms - back block) from being a slightly imperfect parallelogram, into a Perfect Rectangle that resulted in the Correct Alignment and a great feeling stroke, that WORKS.

Until I read the following article, (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post2289297)
I hadn’t realized that CCM had made a limited run of Dual Arm Kits for the Series 6.
But the arm on the right is mostly for looks and not attached to the back block, it just slides through the back block.
I was going to call my project a Quad Rod S6.5 but after finding out about that limited run I’ve decided to call it a Dual Arm S6.5.

While I was waiting to get my new pump arm, I ended up removing the hammer and polishing it, along with the Fluted Pump Rod, as well as the lower guide rod to Shimmering Smooth Surfaces to eliminate any friction. (like TF does in his video series) http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...tml#post351334

A few days later I got my new pump arm from CCM and my project was complete*
and Working like a Well Designed Machine and Looking Great.

The Pump Stroke is Very S-M-O-O-O-O-T-H and the feeling is rock solid, with virtually NO Flex in the pump handle, during the pump stroke as it moves in each direction - back and then forward.

<<< Click on the image on the left to See a Brief Video of the Dual Arm in Motion.

I think it was Worth the Extra Effort and Investment to end up with a unique Dual Arm S6.5.
Original Setup
CCM Two Piece Body S6.5 #14115
CCM Dust Black Barrel & Full Set of Dust Red CCM Bore Sizers
CCM Easy Grip Pump Handle
CCM Anodized Aluminum Air Fittings
CCM On Off & Rail
Upgrades & Additions
FREAK Barrel Back in Dust Black and a Dust Red All American Tip
Full set of Freak Inserts plus a couple more Freak backs & fronts
CCM Tri-fluted Guide Rod
CCM LeverLock Feedneck Modification
CCM Aluminum Trigger in Dust Red
Modified Slot-Blocker
Dual Rod Pump Setup by KPCS
Red Dye 'Stickie 3' Grips

SportShot 100 Round Hopper
Ninja 50/4500 Carbon Fiber HPA Tank

It is my only marker so it gets to the field and not a perfect wall hanger. minor nicks and scuffs from regular field play.

Playin' Pump with My Dual Arm CCM S6.5
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...216_081213.jpg

Last edited by WoodsBaller57 : 03-04-2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Reworded and Changed a Picture
WoodsBaller57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2016, 11:03 AM #2
Melon Bands
👽

Melon Bands is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Melon Bands supports Shocker RSX
Melon Bands supports Ninja Paintball
Fellow dead head
Melon Bands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:35 PM #3