Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-26-2015, 06:32 PM #1
sniper internal upgrade question

Chek it upgrade kit VS CCM ss25 lower tube kit.

To those who tried either or bolth. Pro and cons of each??
Ridingmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 08-26-2015, 08:55 PM #2
Software Developer By Day
I've heard good things about both. There's a thread in PBNation saying the CCM ss25 is a drop in upgrade. The check it upgrade appears to also be a drop in upgrade. Between that and the hush bolt I think you'd have a very smooth marker

I read the new CCM ss25 internals don't fart.

I have no experience with either.
kanazky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 AM #3
Awsome thanks for you imput kanazky
Old 08-28-2015, 08:38 AM #4
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryn_Droma is playing at Living Legends VIII
Farting has less to do with the brand/design of internals than it does with the proper tuning of said internals. It's a balancing between reg pressure and valve/hammer spring pressure. When the gun farts the hammer is bouncing into the valve and opening it slightly.

Check it's kit is really just WGP internals, which are perfectly good, but might not really be any different from what you already have in your gun.
Ryn_Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:28 PM #5
So what you saying is meaby just getting a maddman spring kit and experimentingight give me a similar end result then the chek it kit ?
Old 08-29-2015, 08:27 PM #6
Surfer of pavement.
 has been a member for 10 years
Changing the valve in an empire cocker would be waste of money. In fact many would be a downgrade. The only exception might be the new alien valve.

Eliminating hammer bounce is mostly a matter of tuning, like Ryn said. There's some good info in this thread:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 08-29-2015 at 08:30 PM.
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:54 PM #7
awsome thanks for the link and info .

yea i did look up the alien valve but they dont ship to canada
Old 09-04-2015, 01:22 PM #8
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju
I put the check-it internals into mine a while ago and it lowers the operating pressure sweet spot down a bit. I didn't like the bolt though, prefer the Tech-T Hush bolt. So, overall my pump stroke is quite a bit smoother, and my sweet spot on the reg moved from the stock 220ish down to 170ish. Sound signature is quieter, and farting is lessened, but unfortunately I haven't been able to tune it away completely yet (lazy). My velocity doesn't change when I don't hold the handle though, so I usually hold it loosely to keep it super quiet.

That new alien valve sounds sweet, but I don't feel like spending more money on another valve.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote