Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 PM #1
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA D5 division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Z-Force pump cocker valve leaking

Ran into an issue with my Z-Force cocker. The valve leaks down the barrel almost continually. I've adjusted the valve spring with different Spyder springs and it seems that at best I can get the leak down to a slow hiss but it will still leak.

Thoughts anyone?
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

F1 and F2 Illustrators FS

Cocker, Automag and Misc. Parts FS

WTB Misc. Parts
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2014, 03:35 PM #2
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

Annual Supporting Member
Murz is attending Decay of Nations VII
Murz supports Empire
Not sure about your Z-Force but on my S6.5 a barrel leak is usually caused by cup seal issues.
Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:27 PM #3
tarrguy57

I think my issue is more that there isn't enough spring tension to keep the valve closed. I have to turn the pressure way down even with a stiff valve spring for it to not leak but then it barely shoots.

Either way I will check the cup seal and valve o-ring
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

WTB Misc. Parts
Old 10-06-2014, 11:16 AM #4
tarrguy57

Checked the cup seal and valve o-rings, no issues.

WTB Misc. Parts
Old 02-18-2015, 05:27 PM #5
THSMRTLCL

I have heard that the 2 screws that hold the body halves together can leak, causing the leakage down the barrel. You might try some teflon tape on them to seal them. Usually this happens if you have taken the body halves apart at some point, but could happen at any time.
THSMRTLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:50 PM #6
tarrguy57

Thanks for the tip. Don't think that was the issue because wouldn't it be leaking around the body halves then? Either way it turned out to be a combination of spring issues and my Sidewinder not putting out high enough output. Swapped a BL Torpedo and a different Sidewinder and it works just find. Still don't know whats up with my Sidewinder.

WTB Misc. Parts