PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-12-2009, 01:20 PM #1
Loony

Loony owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phantom ball retainer

How does the ball retainer in the Phantoms 10-round feed stay in place? That little speed feed looking thing.

I wanted to put that on my pocket hoppers so I can use my 10-round tubes better.
Loony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM #2
Pb_sc

get the lid from a can of potato chips, cut a star or "*" like think so that the lines cross in the center making a speed feed like thing you can put a little electrical tape around the rim to keep it on the hooper better this works really well and is really easy, i use it i just dont feel like taking pictures, but if you want me to i will
Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 PM #3
extrabonez
...---...

the ball retainer stays in place because there is a notch on the inside, it is pretty much an o ring with fins on the side of it. you could probably take the feed gate off of the tube, then glue it to the top of a pocket hopper if it is one of the ones with just the hole for like 1 ball at a time or the ten round tubes. hope it hells.
extrabonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 PM #4
Loony

I have the brass eagle style and winchester hoppers.

Pb_sc, if you have a chance I would appreciate that picture.

I was thinking about just cutting a hole in the lid a bit wider than a 10-round tube...we'll see...
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM #5
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony View Post
I have the brass eagle style and winchester hoppers.

Pb_sc, if you have a chance I would appreciate that picture.

I was thinking about just cutting a hole in the lid a bit wider than a 10-round tube...we'll see...
thats what i did with one of mine and then fashioned a rubber band to go across it so balls dont fly out when i make moves
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 PM #6
ikey

has been a member for 10 years
it stays in place the same way any o ring in any gun stays in place. exact same way.

the plastic peice has a VERY rigid/sturdy ring, which keeps its shape and keeps it in place very well. you dont need a drastic ridge like a real o ring to hold something when its so rigid and putting pressure against whats holding it.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:32 PM #7
Ir0nExpress

Ir0nExpress supports Team VICIOUS
I did a mod a while back, however, I traded the hopper away so no pictures.

I took a Phantom feedgate, some light gauge wire (I clipped some from this kit for hanging large picture frames) and an exacto knife.

I cut a hole in the lid of the hopper that was slightly bigger than a 10 round tube's diameter, but smaller than the diameter of the CCI phantom feedgate.

Afterwards, I punched three small holes in a triangular formation around the perimeter of the hole and strung the wire through the hole and tied the feedgate with the wire. Make sure the sharp ends of the wire are folded or twisted blunt so it doesn't stab you or pop the paintballs if you tie it inside
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:36 PM #8
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
since i took a pic of my gxg mod for another thread, here's one of my ghetto 10 round feed mod

eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 PM #9
Loony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
I did a mod a while back, however, I traded the hopper away so no pictures.

I took a Phantom feedgate, some light gauge wire (I clipped some from this kit for hanging large picture frames) and an exacto knife.

I cut a hole in the lid of the hopper that was slightly bigger than a 10 round tube's diameter, but smaller than the diameter of the CCI phantom feedgate.

Afterwards, I punched three small holes in a triangular formation around the perimeter of the hole and strung the wire through the hole and tied the feedgate with the wire. Make sure the sharp ends of the wire are folded or twisted blunt so it doesn't stab you or pop the paintballs if you tie it inside

That's a great idea. I'm going to try something like this...maybe with fishing line (I have a bunch lying around.)

Last edited by Loony : 08-13-2009 at 10:56 PM.