Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-22-2003, 02:05 AM #1
Kiwi R1c
The Down-under Pb player

has been a member for 10 years
No detent?

Hey, does anyone know why there is no ball detent in the omen?
Is there any reason why I couldn't drill a hole in the side and put a detent in there? Has anyone had any trouble with paint just rolling out of the stock barrel? I've got a nice big bore dye boomy that I wanna put on there, but I don't want to loose my first shot as I'm sprinting up to bunker some fool. I guess this isn't really much of a problem or I would have heard someone complaining about it already on this forum. Would the cam feed **** with something like a cocker or angel detent?
--------------------------
My feed back http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168746
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2003, 02:27 AM #2
snipers002
A1C

the reson that it doesnt have a ball detent is bcuz it has the cam feed. which only lets one ball in at a time. as with ALL closed bolt markers, paint will roll out of the barrel if the paint is to small. so just use paint that fit or buy a kit to stop this. remember this is with any closed bolt marker, not jsut the omen so dont give it and negative thoughts.

feedback
feedback #2
ego fs(pics)

Last edited by snipers002 : 09-22-2003 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:23 AM #3
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
The purpose of a denent is not to stop balls from roling out of the barrel, but to stop double feeding. In Open bolt guns it serves to stop the ball from double feeding, but in doing that it does not role out of the barrel.

The cocker is closed bolt, and it has a denent, but this denent does not stop if from roling out of the barrel. It is positioned back so that if you were to holt the trigger back, keeping the bolt back, you would not have ball after ball roling into the breach. Once the ball is chambered it is free to role if te paint is small.
This is the same with the excalibure, but in the excal, the denent really serves NO purpose because it's electro.

The Old shocker is another closed bolt gun with no denent, and it works just fine, I never had a double feed with it.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.