Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-21-2003, 09:25 PM #1
lightemup69
I get to cheat now

has been a member for 10 years
Angry pissed at the omen

ok i just got my omen like 2 weeks ago and took it to the feild the other day. well first i notice i do not have a top screw in my tigger only one so i can not adjust trigger pull.then i gas it up with my 68 3000 nitro duck. THE OMEN BREAKS THE DAMN THING! ( I have used this tank on many guns and it worked fine on other guns but not the omen.) well ok i get my friends othe pmi 68 3000 and its doin okay dri firing exept i have to recock it every like 10 shots and when i recock it i have to do it like 5 times then it will shoot 10 times fine then i have to do same thing. then i put some paint in it and it litterally broke like every other ball. well then i talked to someone else at the feild that had an omen and he adjusted mine like he had done his (he adjusted his according to josh at evil) o ya his was workn fine. well he adjusts mine and i put some balls in my revy and i keep firing blanks. it was not like the hopper was not feeding the balls fast enough it was just shooting blanks. i would shake it turn it upside down and finally i would maybe get a 2 second walk of the trigger at maybe only 10 bps and then the same thing would happen. (0 ya when i walked it for like the 2 sec i must have broke 2 balls) Now i dont know if omens have ball detents but if they do mine did not every time my barrel face down a ball would fall out , i would shoot the blank with no ball in it so i could get another ball in (if this even happend haveing another ball come through) and it would do the same thing a ball would just fall out. well my friend had to go so i had to give him his tank back. so i rembered that the manual said you can use co2 on it so i gas it up with co2 and shoot it once and like smthn got jacked in the gun and the whole gun was leaking out of the bak where the bolt is , out the barrel out the asa on off and even out of the battery charger hole insert thingy. well by that time i was really mad and just packed up and left. so im gonna have to send it in now. well i had the older model with silver trig so maybe if the send me a new one it will be fine. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh im mad!!!!!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2003, 10:17 PM #2
PrettyPistol

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY RETARDED. EVEN ME (NOT OWNING AN OMEN) KNOWS THAT IT DID NOTHING TO YOUR TANK!!!!!
Worrgass adj. 4.5K, 70ci,
Centerflag adj. 4.5K 68ci,
Evo 2 Clear Y-board
Old 09-21-2003, 10:20 PM #3
joerocket

i guarantee you have a top screw in your trigger. if you didn't you could not shoot at all. that screw is what trips the switch to release your solonoid.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:21 PM #4
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
First... learn to use the enter key more often. That was just painful to read.

Second... You are not lacking a top screw, its in there... if it wasn't in there your gun would not fire.

Third... The only way your tank could break is user error. There's nothing special or difficult about screwing a tank into an ASA, so I'm rather clueless as to how the omen broke your tank.

Next... you're likely to get a few breaks in the beginning until your regulator breaks in. Any spikes in air pressure can cause some breakage problems. If your gun isn't tuned right you'll get some breaks as well.

Next... there are no detents, but there is no need for them if you have your barrel sized correctly for the paint.

Conclusion: it might be that you got a lemon, but it sounds like most of these issues if not all of them are due to user error.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:41 AM #5
lightemup69
I get to cheat now

ok well you can explain the tank and the trigger( I did screw the tank in right though im not that stupid). I was stupid sorry and maybe the break of balls but i still dont think it should be breakn about every other ball. But i still can not figure out the whole shooting blanks all the time when i see the balls going down the feed tube. and i did adjust it a few times but it still did the whole having to recock it. With the paint and sizing it to your barrel. i dont got a shop near so i buy feild and they only have one size so that sux *** if it has to be perfect fit.
Why did the gun start leaking like everywhere and stuff.
Well hopefully evil will fix or replace it.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:32 AM #6
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
I think I need to make a artical on, Every Thing You Need To Know about the Omen Before You Buy It...His Omen is just fine, it's all user error from what he is saying.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:39 PM #7
Evil Wantabe

Hey if you need help call evil tech support at (800) 579 1633.
Make sure you have you Omen, a nitro tank with at least 2k of air in it and some paint. ALso the Top set screw is a size .050 the same allen key is used to adjust the recock pressure on the side of the marker.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:55 PM #8
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Yeah make sure you push the allen key all the way in. It's kinda annoying cuz you have to push it in so far.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-22-2003, 04:46 PM #9
paintball boy 20
yahmean?

what was ur velocity? high velocity will break balls. You have to re-adjust the recock everytime you change the velocity. And C02 is hard on the omen's reg
None, they all just sit in the dark and cry!!!
Har har har!
"
Old 09-22-2003, 04:48 PM #10
Spartan X
Unbanned

I thinki they should NOT sell any more unsiphen co2 tanks

Old Feedback

Old 09-22-2003, 05:43 PM #11
Evil Wantabe

The only problem is that when screwed into different bottomlines the same point will not always be facing up on the tank. There for the marker will be pulling in liquid co2 which is worse then using a tank that dosen't have an anit siphon tube at all. So the gun that dosen't have the anti-sipohn tube propperly installed for that particular marker is actually acting as a siphon tube.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:38 PM #12
Spartan X
Unbanned

you could do it like SP does it...make a mark and just unscew it a little till it's positioned right.

Old Feedback

Old 09-22-2003, 07:35 PM #13
phantomkevin

I know why you were shooting blanks. It happened to me yesterday. An odd shapped ball got stuck in the vertical feed. It jammed int here pretty good so i had to take my evo off and use my squeegy to push the ball out. It was really wierd and it only happnened once out of the whole box and a half of paint. On another note my freaking hammer plate broke in two so the omen would only recock for like 20-30 shots then it would stop half way through cocking and id have to pull it the rest of the way back.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:45 PM #14
SlightlyStupid
So*Cal

i wouldnt try putting the c02 tank on my omen even though the manual says u can cuz c02 messes up ur gun!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:30 AM #15
Bathel
The Evil Professional

Quote:
But i still can not figure out the whole shooting blanks all the time when i see the balls going down the feed tube.
The feed tube for the omen has a ledged step. On my Omen using an EggII, I get a ball stuck every now and then on that ledge. (The Egg's feed tube it thinner than the ledge of the Omen and every now and then a ball seems to get caught in some manner on that ledge) I am planning on getting a new feed tube if I can find a replacement with matching threads.

As for your barrell match with paint ... it is very important to have the correct fit with the Omen since there is no ball detent. If your paint is falling out of your barrell then you have a loser of a match. I would expect you to break a lot of paint because to get your FPS up .... you are going to have to run a higher pressure. This pressure will blow up the paint in the barrell.

As was said earlier, the screw is in your trigger or you could not shot ... it is just the screw is in a long way and it looks like it is missing. If you want to confirm this ... remove your grip cover and you can see it in the grip frame.

Breaking your tank? Not sure about this bud ... but I know some tanks treads may be a little different or bent and this might cause it to be hard to screw on.

The 10 ball recocking issue is most likely due to your reg pressure being way to high from the bad paint match ... and your cocking pressure then gets wacky when this happens ... I had my reg turned up too high and had this same issue. I have since then turned my reg down to around 220 psi (from 300 psi) and my FPS shot is stable and the recocking is fine. You will have to adjust the recocking pressue any time you adjust your main reg pressure.

I have no idea on the CO2 issue ...

Enjoy.

PS .... Does anyone know what threading the Omen feed tube is ... Angel?

Last edited by Bathel : 09-27-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:39 AM #16
paintball boy 20
yahmean?

Autococker threads
None, they all just sit in the dark and cry!!!
Har har har!
"
Old 09-27-2003, 12:36 PM #17
snipers002
A1C

no, the omen feed tube is impulse/bushy/shocker/2k2 piranha threaded. it is NOT cocker threaded.

feedback
feedback #2
ego fs(pics)
Old 09-27-2003, 04:38 PM #18
Bathel
The Evil Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by snipers002
no, the omen feed tube is impulse/bushy/shocker/2k2 piranha threaded. it is NOT cocker threaded.
Yes .... impy threads ... got my twister today ... rock on.