Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 PM #1
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Have aliens visited Earth in the past?

There's a book that was published a long time ago called Chariots of the Gods. It supports this theory. Personally I found many of his points to be a little far fetched and his writing was too aggressive for a topic with little to no real supporting evidence. However, I'm intrigued by the idea.

One must admit that it is at least within the realm of possibility.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 AM #2
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit
 
TPB_Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: British Columbia
Maybe, maybe not.
__________________
"It's better to be aware of one's ignorance than to go on believing dubious and unjustified ideas." - Socrates

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
TPB_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM #3
cuttlefish32
 
 
cuttlefish32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Stonehenge, Nazca lines, Shamwow, there's a lot of things people think humans couldn't have made without alien help. It's just a theroy but I see no reason that aliens can't exist.
__________________
If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
-Henry Ford
cuttlefish32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 AM #4
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttlefish32 View Post
Stonehenge, Nazca lines, Shamwow, there's a lot of things people think humans couldn't have made without alien help. It's just a theroy but I see no reason that aliens can't exist.
Stonehenge has been pretty much explained. (check YouTube for a couple good documentaries on the subject) but Shamwows must have been aliens. That's the solid proof.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 AM #5
cuttlefish32
 
 
cuttlefish32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Stonehenge has been pretty much explained. (check YouTube for a couple good documentaries on the subject) but Shamwows must have been aliens. That's the solid proof.
Sad thing is, I think I've watched a documentary on Stonehenge, my mind just blanked when i wrote that. But yes, Shamwow is alien technology.
__________________
If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
-Henry Ford
cuttlefish32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 AM #6
Ya Boi Marvin (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttlefish32 View Post
Stonehenge, Nazca lines, Shamwow, there's a lot of things people think humans couldn't have made without alien help. It's just a theroy but I see no reason that aliens can't exist.
take an anthropology class, please.
Ya Boi Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:45 AM #7
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Shamwow is just a Martian copy of the ancient Xel'Naga technology that created Zorbies.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 AM #8
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Shamwow is just a Martian copy of the ancient Xel'Naga technology that created Zorbies.
WW. hahahaha.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:30 AM #9
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi Marvin View Post
take an anthropology class, please.
Nazca has some pretty inexplicable stuff. Also there are a lot of cave drawings that make me wonder what exactly inspired them.

While the entire notion is extremely improbable, I think we should assume there likely exists extraterrestrial intelligent life that vastly predates man, possibly with the capability to travel the distances between our star systems.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:34 AM #10
Ya Boi Marvin (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
Nazca has some pretty inexplicable stuff. Also there are a lot of cave drawings that make me wonder what exactly inspired them.

While the entire notion is extremely improbable, I think we should assume there likely exists extraterrestrial intelligent life that vastly predates man, possibly with the capability to travel the distances between our star systems.
the lines are just areas of debris (rocks, plants...etc) moved out of the way. Think about it. get a few hundred early men, tell them that if they don't do this one thing one of their gods will be upset, long story short they will toil until those lines are made. The shapes are all simple and could be made from ground level pretty easily.
Ya Boi Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:38 AM #11
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
I do not believe in aliens, so no. Well maybe I do. I believe in other worldly creations
SuperSupra619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:30 AM #12
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
As I've said before, I would bet my life that extraterrestrial life existed for substantial amount of money.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:37 AM #13
Flying_Dutchman
 
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi Marvin View Post
the lines are just areas of debris (rocks, plants...etc) moved out of the way. Think about it. get a few hundred early men, tell them that if they don't do this one thing one of their gods will be upset, long story short they will toil until those lines are made. The shapes are all simple and could be made from ground level pretty easily.
There are giant symbols on the ground - monkeys, lizards, etc., that are so big their shape can only be seen from the air also. And the lines are remarkably straight.

Anyway, one of the main ideas in this book is that Aliens interacted with ancient people and the ancients saw them as Gods, which is he believes are the origins of these megalithic structures, cave drawings of Gods, Nazca, and the like.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:53 AM #14
xtoughguyx
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
its a very plausible idea.
__________________
OC straightedge **** you.
xtoughguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 AM #15
Јon
 
 
Јon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Doubt it.
I would love to see how they would try and integrate themselves into our knowledge without us just going absolutely ape **** though.
Јon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM #16
mypresidentiswack (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
aliens exist, I always see them standing in front of Home Depot.
mypresidentiswack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 AM #17
Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!
 
Big_Dangerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
There's a book that was published a long time ago called Chariots of the Gods. It supports this theory. Personally I found many of his points to be a little far fetched and his writing was too aggressive for a topic with little to no real supporting evidence. However, I'm intrigued by the idea.

One must admit that it is at least within the realm of possibility.
That's really up for debate. I suppose it is possible, but I personally don't believe it has happened as long as Humans have been on Earth.
__________________
OSST GDTers will always remember, "Epic Rigby Hooker Peach Fail!"
Originally posted by slateman: "Would you guys play with a girl's breast warts?"
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Big_Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 AM #18
Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!
 
Big_Dangerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttlefish32 View Post
Stonehenge, Nazca lines, Shamwow, there's a lot of things people think humans couldn't have made without alien help. It's just a theroy but I see no reason that aliens can't exist.
Believing Aliens exist and believing they've visited Earth are two very different things. Yeah, I believe that there is life someone else in the Universe besides Earth, I'm not crazy.

But believing any of those races have visited Earth, that's a little outside of what I'm willing to believe. I don't see any evidence to really support it, and I see so many problems with that theory I wouldn't know where to start.
__________________
OSST GDTers will always remember, "Epic Rigby Hooker Peach Fail!"
Originally posted by slateman: "Would you guys play with a girl's breast warts?"
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Big_Dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 AM #19
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
other than "probability" because of the number of stars, we have pretty much absolutely no reason to believe in either the existence of alien life and even less that they have come anywhere near us.

the irony of the number of atheists who believe there is some other form of life out there is quite hilarious.

I don't believe either way, but I don't see any reason its not possible.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:10 AM #20
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
other than "probability" because of the number of stars, we have pretty much absolutely no reason to believe in either the existence of alien life and even less that they have come anywhere near us.

the irony of the number of atheists who believe there is some other form of life out there is quite hilarious.

I don't believe either way, but I don't see any reason its not possible.
this. and agreed with bolded as well.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 AM #21
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
I do love the fact that since we can't explain what created the Nazca lines, people jump right to, "Aliens did it!"

That being said, it's very probable that extraterrestrial life exists somewhere beyond our galaxy. The planets of the Gliese 581 planetary system (remember when they found that blue/green planet that's 20.5 light years away?) clearly shows that alien life is more than likely to exist out there. Aliens exist? Most likely. Aliens have visited Earth and screwed around with us positively or negatively? Probably not.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump