Old 08-11-2009, 12:48 AM #22
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmmm..Viking View Post
yessir.

I agree on all accounts.
Electrical issues with them?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 AM #23
Mmmmm..Viking (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Electrical issues with them?
Electrical and valve body issues.

Random shifts, over heating, etc...
Mmmmm..Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 AM #24
F1VENOM

Quote:
Electrical and valve body issues.

Random shifts, over heating, etc...
I've not heard of overheating issues but in the commercial world we had a lot of issues with the electronics and shifting. They hunt like hell to end up only finding the wrong gear and it was really annoying.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 AM #25
**Andrew**

Everyone has their preference in trucks and always will. Most people bash anything that is not there personal fav. I have always been a chevy person and prolly always will, but i do like lots of different things about both the 7.3 and 6.0 fords as well as the 5.9 cummins 12 and 24 valves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by {InsertUsernameHere} View Post
Why do you have 175 horse injectors? Does one not suffice?
you sir are ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3 View Post
It's a ****ing diesel moron, those numbers aren't hard to reach.
QTF

Quote:
5 of the Fords are indeed 6.0Ls.
a 6.0 powerstroke is the closest motor you can get to the duramax performance wise. the general feel is almost identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper37 View Post
Why does that smokestack look photoshopped?
i dont know why you think it looks photoshopped but it is indeed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
oddly enough allison's industrial units are pretty good but the transmission they made for GM is just junk.

same could be said about isuzu, really.
Allisons are trash. I tore the allison that came in this truck out only pushing around 450 rwhp.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:00 AM #26
Mmmmm..Viking (Banned)

Yep. That's a common issue.

Especially when using cruise control. With cruise control, they can't maintain speed, and typically downshift into the incorrect gear, turning about 3300rpms at 60mph and won't upshift.

If it's diesel, I like it.

My 6.0L has left me stranded before. No defense there.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 AM #27
F1VENOM

I really wish your truck still looked stock.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 AM #28
**Andrew**

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I really wish your truck still looked stock.
why is that?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 AM #29
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Andrew** View Post
why is that?
It just looks like trash to me. The huge Duramax sticker and tacky stack ruin it for me.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 AM #30
**Andrew**

a buddy of mine bought that sticker for me kind of as a joke. im going to take it off here pretty soon. but other than that my truck looks and performs exactly how i want it to. so thats all that matters to me.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:16 AM #31
Heimdall (Banned)

Quote:
yessir.

I agree on all accounts.
i don't know why isuzu didn't just adapt one of their light duty industrial 6s for GM. i guess they wanted a V8 for some reason.
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 AM #32
Cali Brah (Banned)

i dont like the lift, or wheels and tires you chose.

the truck could have been done up in a better fashion, but if you like it, thats all that matter
Cali Brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 AM #33
nyle
THIS IS MAJOR TOM

There's a white '06 2500HD Duramax down the street from me. Similar setup as yours with the lift, tires, and engine modifications, but his doesn't have any stickers, you can still see the lights, small stacks (very appealing and fairly quiet), he has a BullyDog Computer, and a RanchHand push bumper for the front and towing bumper for the rear... it looks great.

He uses it to tow a rather large boat to the lake close to every weekend.

Point is, yours could be a little bit more tasteful in my honest opinion.... but that's my opinion, so take it or leave it.

Aerospace Engineering -- The University of Texas - Austin

Last edited by nyle : 08-11-2009 at 01:22 AM.
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:21 AM #34
**Andrew**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Brah View Post
i dont like the lift, or wheels and tires you chose.

the truck could have been done up in a better fashion, but if you like it, thats all that matter
i really liked these wheels and tires when i first got them plus i got a deal on them. but im going to put black rockstar 20s on it with nitto mud grapplers here in about 2 months. i love my lift though.

The head and tail light covers are coming off too as soon as i get my new hids in.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 AM #35
Viper37
**** the C.S.A.

Viper37 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45 View Post
stacks are lame
fixed
Originally posted by Mr.jon: "god viper is raping you guys with the comebacks, not even kidding."
Originally posted by kfresh: "car companys do not intentionally put parts on that will brake"
Viper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 AM #36
Cali Brah (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Andrew** View Post
i really liked these wheels and tires when i first got them plus i got a deal on them. but im going to put black rockstar 20s on it with nitto mud grapplers here in about 2 months. i love my lift though.
fabtech sucks dick.

and please dont get rockstars, unless you want to look like a bro from cali. i can probably drive down the street and count 5 trucks with rockstars on them just by looking in one direction
Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 AM #37
Cali Brah (Banned)

oh, did i mention i ****ing HATE people who black out their lights?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 AM #38
Heimdall (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyle View Post
There's a white '06 2500HD Duramax down the street from me. Similar setup as yours with the lift, tires, and engine modifications, but his doesn't have any stickers, you can still see the lights, small stacks (very appealing and fairly quiet), he has a BullyDog Computer, and a RanchHand push bumper for the front and towing bumper for the rear... it looks great.

He uses it to tow a rather large boat to the lake close to every weekend.

Point is, yours could be a little bit more tasteful in my honest opinion.... but that's my opinion, so take it or leave it.
why in the world would you want to have a lifted truck for towing? that's just about the dumbest thing you can possibly do in that situation.

then again, anyone who would buy a one ton diesel truck to pull anything smaller than a seagoing vessel isn't very smart to begin with.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:28 AM #39
**Andrew**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Brah View Post
fabtech sucks dick.

and please dont get rockstars, unless you want to look like a bro from cali. i can probably drive down the street and count 5 trucks with rockstars on them just by looking in one direction
well i just happen to live in tennesse where no one has rockstars. so it works out for me. as far as the light thing i really dont care what you do and dont like when it comes down to it. i thought they looked good for a period of time, and still think they look alright, but the light covers are coming off when my new hids come in. i think it will look better that way.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:28 AM #40
Mmmmm..Viking (Banned)

Quote:
i don't know why isuzu didn't just adapt one of their light duty industrial 6s for GM. i guess they wanted a V8 for some reason.
Ford should have been in-housing their powerplants long before the navistar tissy they had.

Its not like land rover had garbage diesels.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:31 AM #41
**Andrew**

Quote:
why in the world would you want to have a lifted truck for towing? that's just about the dumbest thing you can possibly do in that situation.

then again, anyone who would buy a one ton diesel truck to pull anything smaller than a seagoing vessel isn't very smart to begin with.
while a lifted truck is not the most ideal thing to pull with. i pull a gooseneck with 2 cat dozers on it just fine. i usually steer away from bumper pulls but when needed i have a 6 inch drop hitch that gets it done.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:31 AM #42
Heimdall (Banned)

Quote:
Ford should have been in-housing their powerplants long before the navistar tissy they had.

Its not like land rover had garbage diesels.
ford, also, has lots of lighty duty industrial diesels that would have worked just fine.

i guess they both just wanted V8s for marketing reasons.