PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 PM #1
240SX

240SX supports Cereal Killerz 2
CCM S6 question...

I'm looking for some input here. I have been playing pump for the last year and I'm now considering purchasing a CCM S6. My question is this, what makes these markers worth their price tag? Why is this marker better than any other sniper? I'm pretty much looking for justification of the price tag. Thanks.
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:11 PM #2
bspitch1
We are... Penn State!

First of all... Pumps are very opinionated, and the pump that one person likes, is not necessarily the one someone else likes. The S6 is an autococker based pump, and is very similar to other autocockers. It has the ccm internals (Longer and heavier hammer, different valve, lighter springs) to give the gun a smoother pump stroke, and the gun has a lifetime warranty from CCM. CCM has great support, and will get your gun fixed if anything ever goes wrong. The S6 has a deluxe type pump kit, the CCM hinge frame, CCM bolt, Internals, and all of the other goodies, but as I said before: Pump is opinionated and although it is worth it to many, it may not be worth it to you.

bspitch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM #3
quickquest88
to punish and enslave

quickquest88 supports Cereal Killerz 2
quickquest88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
and it probably weighs less than half of what a stock autococker does. just take a look at how little metal there really is. and the hinge frame is delrin, i believe.
780/1000
quoted by Vicious49"That applies to not only this thread but you in general.
All the questions you've asked so far in this forum are dumb"
quickquest88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:30 PM #4
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
^what frame were you looking at?

IMO CCMs are worth every penny due to their craftmanship and quality. their customer service is top notch since i have delt with mel numerous times for parts and stuff. however, i dont own a CCM produced marker (S6/J2L/T2 and older) but have shot them all and have worked on them. being a tinkerer at heart i got all my markers shooting as well as any S6 out there and more a reflection of me than something off the shelf. click on my sig for some pics. if weight is an issue, if you look at my tourney setup, the difference is negligible compared to a T2 with the same 13ci tank.

if you can hit your target you'll do fine with anything that is tuned properly and have a good paint to barrel match, in the long run you can use the money you save to go out and play more

Last edited by eudaman : 08-10-2009 at 02:52 PM.
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM #5
Loony

Loony owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It's hard to see how easily they're worth their price until you hold one. I thought the same thing and built a SuperStock pump. My friend bought an S6 I played with it for 10 seconds and sold my SuperStock and got an S6.

We have the 86* frames, so comfortable.
Loony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 PM #6
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
a CCM S6. My question is this, what makes these markers worth their price tag?
The time, effort, quality, and customer support that CCM has for all of their creations, new or old.

Best "out of the box" open class guns come from CCM. The S6 (or T2) just needs a hopper, air source, and paint that matches the barrel size and you can shoot people all day. Just that simple.

This question gets asked a lot. Some say they can setup their own open class marker just as smooth and consistent as the CCM guns. Maybe they can, maybe they can't. Some like the project, some like to spend their time playing paintball on gameday (not tuning a gun).

It's all what you prefer.

Jay

Last edited by JOESPUD27 : 08-10-2009 at 03:29 PM.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:36 PM #7
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
Jay makes a very good point.

if you're not willing to put in the time it takes to set up a project of your own, the extra $ is worth it
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 PM #8
240SX

240SX supports Cereal Killerz 2
The one that I'm looking at has the slim 45 frame, it's brand new in box never used, also has the milled hitman mod, cp reg (stock reg also) and the color is Gloss Pewter. I'm shooting a phantom right now and my only gripe with that marker is it's almost too light in my hands.
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM #9
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
The S6 is pretty light, but once you add your tank and hopper, it will be heavier than a Phantom.

Hitman mod is preference.
CCM stock reg works great (so does the CP)
Slim 45 is preference. (I love the slim frame, match it with Houge palm swell grips NICE!)
Don't see many Pewter S6's and Gloss is HOT.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 PM #10
Castro #66
Sniper Whisperer

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
What makes the CCM gun different is when you first hold it. Very comfortable, very light, and well-balanced. I can say that in all fairness, I had my doubts about the S6 for about 2 years, until I was offered one in trade. I accepted, in the interest of finding out if it was really worth all the "hype". In short, it was very much worth it.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote