Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 PM #1
dankrank

Help with innovic board

Hi I was wondering how to change back to factory defualt settings on the innovic board. I think it's 2.4(the one that's 10 bsp legal). I have the manual but I don't see anything about factory settings

actually it's 2.5 the black board

Last edited by dankrank : 08-06-2009 at 09:34 PM.
dankrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM #2
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
I dont think there is a reset mode, but I think each section in the manual says what the default value is.
eatafetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 PM #3
dankrank

I'll check it out
Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 AM #4
dankrank

ok that worked. I would also like to know what are the best settings for this board. I would like to achieve a pretty efficiant shot with barely any kick that is also very quiet.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 AM #5
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
thats all up to you my man. different bodies require different settings. I leave mine on all stock and I have a pretty sweet shot.
eatafetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 AM #6
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
You can generally have quiet and smooth, or you can have efficient. The settings you would use to get the marker as efficient as possible tend not to be the same settings as you would use to get the marker quiet and smooth.

For quiet and smooth, people will tend to increase their dwell and reduce the operating pressure - lower operating pressures aren't necessarily quieter as such, but the sound signature of the marker becomes less harsh. More of a pop than a bang. Problem is that you'll tend to use more air per shot this way.

For efficiency, people will likely reduce dwell to limit the amount of air released, but may need to increase operating pressure to get the ball up to speed, but your marker gets louder.

The middle ground would be to take your boards stock settings (rather than increasing or reducing dwell) and chrono your marker to speed. That is just to set your operating pressure. You can then do one of two things: -

1. See if you can reduce dwell without your velocity falling. It isn't uncommon for your marker to release more air than it actually needs to to get the ball up to speed. Lower dwell until the velocity drops, and then just bump it up a little until consistency is good and shoot down is eliminated.

If your dwell is now lower than the stock dwell, then you have just saved yourself some air. You have however made velocity consistency more reliant on dwell.

2. Do the same thing - chrono up to speed by adjusting your HPR - but now wrap a decent amount of tape in between the two front o-rings of your bolt pin; lets say to fill up about half of the space. Chrono again, and chances are that your velocity will have dropped. You can now start removing one layer of tape at a time until the marker chronos back up to the correct velocity.

This way, you have limited that amount of air released with each shot, without reducing the dwell setting, so your marker should be more stable in terms of velocity consistency and drop off, and may avoid bolt stick issues.

There are other things to consider of course - good paint to barrel fit will assist with efficiency, and a longer barrel with more porting will tend to help quieten your marker, lighter paintballs can accelerate up to speed with less air (though they will have less momentum than a heavier ball) etc.

Fact remains that the two things you are trying to achieve somewhat contradict each other, but if you try combinations of the things I have mentioned, you should be able to find a happy medium.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:37 PM #7
dankrank

oK thanks alot guys helped alot.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:10 PM #8
mandrew065
Newb Slayer

when i had that gun, I had a 689 barrel and that boosted my efficiency so much because no air was going to waste and i was able to drop the pressure so much. With the stock 696 barrel though its very difficult to get good efficiency.

Christian Paintballers Unite
"Wiping is like masturbating. We've all done it. Everyone knows everyone does it, and you feel really embarassed when you get caught" -SpeedScooter
***Team Destruction***