Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-04-2015, 12:47 PM #1
just-a.random_guy:3

speedball

Im a beginner and I'm trying to get in to speedball. Can someone tell me a few of the basics like the bunker names, how to break off, etc.
just-a.random_guy:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2015, 02:17 PM #2
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Getting off the board, and actually playing a game is pretty simple. You just sort of do it, run to a bunker you think you can make, and then let the game play out.

There are some things you can start working on immediately to help yourself. First, start working on being comfortable with shooting your gun in either hand. Second, be facing downfield, and ready to shoot at all times, as the name implies, the game happens fast, you've got to be ready. Generally you should meet some other players who are willing to help you out, a lot of times, all you've got to do is ask. Third, shoot your gun, A LOT. A gun that's not shooting, or at least attempting to find a shot may as well not be on the field. It's rare that you'll be in a situation where you are completely pinned and can do nothing. If one guy is shooting at you, find a different guy to shoot at, and pull that trigger. Watch, talk, and listen. Watch for opponents, tell your teammates where they are, listen for your teammates to talk to you. A lot of speedball revolves around communication; where are the bad guys, what are they doing, and what can you do about it?

Aggression. A lot of new players tend to be passive. It's important to understand that inaction, is still AN action. Doing nothing takes you out of the game, and allows the opponent free reign to do what he wants. If the bad guy is dictating the terms, he's probably winning the game. Aggression isn't always running down the field, or bunkering guys, it's as simple as refusing to be held down, actively looking for shots, and bumps(moves). Even a back player can be aggressive, just by controlling his zone, and staying on his gun. When he is railing out paint, and stopping the opponent from shooting, or gaining ground, he is aggressively dictating the terms of the engagement.

The following pictures should help with bunker names. They are listed on the side of the first pic. The second should give you an idea of what those bunkers look like in 3 dimensions.

BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:08 AM #3
just-a.random_guy:3

thank you so much
just-a.random_guy:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:57 AM #4
JordanPischke

JordanPischke has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I will say if your course has a group of regulars that play speedball get in with them and try to run some drills and tell them you are willing to learn. On two separate occasions and 2 separate fields I had very good experiences with just talking to guys and letting them know I wanted to get into speedball. The first time I didn't even have a very good speedball gun so I borrowed someone else's all day and the 2nd time I went to a tournament club and ran some drills and then did a few scrimmages. Most guys/girls are willing to teach you some stuff and if they are looking to run some drills feel free to ask them if you can join and let them know you would like any advice they can give you. Most of us are passionate about paintball and love talking about it and helping if we can.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:00 PM #5
Argos95

Argos95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Argos95 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Argos95 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
this was helpful
Argos95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:17 PM #6
stunlokftw
DERP

stunlokftw owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stunlokftw supports Team VICIOUS
stunlokftw is attending Decay of Nations VI
stunlokftw supports DLX Technology
if you're in socal, youre welcome to play with me and some friends out at SCV. Were out there every weekend.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:48 PM #7
Mr. D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunlokftw View Post
if you're in socal, youre welcome to play with me and some friends out at SCV. Were out there every weekend.
Which park do you play at?
Mr. D0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:44 PM #8
GotPainted

To my knowledge, i've seen many names for the different types of bunker. From snake side, Doritos, even Aztec
GotPainted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:38 PM #9
stunlokftw
DERP

stunlokftw owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stunlokftw supports Team VICIOUS
stunlokftw is attending Decay of Nations VI
stunlokftw supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D0 View Post
Which park do you play at?
SC village my friend.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:33 AM #10
TaintedSoul
***That1Dud3***

TaintedSoul owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
TaintedSoul has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Talk and play with the regulars.

In my experience, the best way to start getting into speedball is meeting/playing with the players who are there playing. Being outgoing and willing to mix it up with the regulars goes a long way, even on your first day.

There are no men like me. Only me.
TaintedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote