Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2016, 03:52 PM #1
AirPB14

First Setup Help!

Hey guys! I have just bought a dye r2 and dye I4s, still need the gun and tank! I can't decide what gun I should get. I have been looking at the Sp Shocker for a while now. I'm hopping to get a gun UNDER $850 and $150 for a tank! Also I would like to purchase a pod pack. I'll be playing a lot of woodsball and little speedball! I might need a vest if so any ideas?

Thanks for your help!!!
AirPB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2016, 03:04 AM #2
Nosaj2189

Annual Supporting Member
Getting a marker under $850 should be very easy to do!
If you are looking at that price range, go to the nearest field and test shoot some and see what you like. Some love Bob Longs, Planet Eclipse, Macdev, Shockers, Luxes... At that price point it is more about you and not the marker as they are all great.

I purchased a 2k11 G6R and really liked it and then shot a Clone GTI and that's what i have now. I didn't think i'd like a spool valve marker as much as I do but i'm glad i was able to shoot one because it changed my mind. Also always wanted to own a Macdev
That being said, I have a very simple BT-4 Combat for woodsball that i use 75% of the time (D-Day, local events). I knew getting to D-Day or playing woodsball, you will ding your gun on many different things and didn't want to ruin my "fancy speedball gun" haha.

So maybe look at Vanquish 2.0's, Geo 3.5's, Luxes, Clones or Droids, that are used for 500-600 and get you a decent woodsball/scenario marker.

$150 for a tank should be easy to get as well. A used Ninja SL77/4500 is great tank and will be more than enough for what you need.

As for a pod pack, I love my Valken pack i bought off of Amazon for $30. Wish I got the 3+4 instead of the 4+7 but that's besides the point.

Perhaps leave room in the budget for some good paintball pants, Knee pads!!! (worth their weight in gold), jersey, O-ring kits, barrel swab, buy enough pods to fill your pack twice, even a barrel kit is highly recommending if the marker you purchase doesn't come with one.
Nosaj2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:13 AM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Do you want to buy new or used?

With a new gun you get a warranty and you know its history, however, you're going to spend a lot more than you would. If you want to buy new, there is still a deal to be had, you can buy a JT Impulse, a $1050 gun, for $500 right now: http://www.ansgear.com/JT_Impulse_Pa...lgunblublu.htm

With a used gun you don't get that warranty and don't know who owned it previously, however, you can get a MUCH better gun. For example, you can get a used CS1, $1700 new, for $900. Not the one I am suggesting, but it just lets you know that you can get a used gun for half or a third of retail. And while you don't know who owned it, most of the members on here trade or buy used and don't have a problem with it.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 11-09-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:26 AM #4
JordanPischke
Canadian Baller

Annual Supporting Member
JordanPischke supports Ninja Paintball
JordanPischke supports Empire
I will also add that marker wise, You can get a great deal on an axe pro right now on ansgear. As already stated a ninja sl tank is the way to go. I would go to a local store if you have one and try holding a few different markers and see which ones you like.
As for soft goods look into some empire pb pants if you don't already have pb pants. The added crotch and knee protection is really worth it. As far as pod packs go there are a ton of options and first off you gotta decide if you want strapless or not.
I'M SHOOTING PEOPLE!!!!
Proud Midwest Soldier
http://midwest-clothing.highwire.com/
JordanPischke is online now   Reply With Quote