Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-27-2014, 05:08 PM #1
los88

how to remove hpa tank???

how do i remove an hpa tank on a gun that wont fire?...im trouble shooting a gun but kinda weary about screwing on my hpa tank because i wont be able to get it off if the gun doesnt fire to depressurize right???
los88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:32 PM #2
kingcatnip

kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingcatnip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kingcatnip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by los88 View Post
how do i remove an hpa tank on a gun that wont fire?...im trouble shooting a gun but kinda weary about screwing on my hpa tank because i wont be able to get it off if the gun doesnt fire to depressurize right???
Unscrew the tank a couple of times the fire the marker to depressurize then finish unscrewing the tank. Otherwise unscrew it a few turns then slowly continue unscrewing the tank and you will hear it depressurize. I would still pull the trigger a couple of times to make sure nothing in the marker is pressurized. The tank is not going to shoot of the gun or anything. You just don't wont it to pop off the last thread which will cause it to start rounding off.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:57 PM #3
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Unscrew the tank very slowly. Once the seal breaks the gun will depressurize. Do not unscrew it all the way, only enough to break the seal. Once its depressurized go ahead and pull the tank off. You'll do even better if you have an on-off ASA.
Lover of All Things Paintball
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM #4
los88

ok so to be clear if i pressurize the gun by putting the tank on, i can still unscrew it to take it off even if the gun doesnt fire? my concern is the tank getting stuck on the gun because the gun wont fire and the pressure will be too much to unscrew the tank from the gun....no on/off asa unfortunately
los88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:36 PM #5
kingcatnip

kingcatnip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kingcatnip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kingcatnip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by los88 View Post
ok so to be clear if i pressurize the gun by putting the tank on, i can still unscrew it to take it off even if the gun doesnt fire? my concern is the tank getting stuck on the gun because the gun wont fire and the pressure will be too much to unscrew the tank from the gun....no on/off asa unfortunately
Correct you will still be able to remove the tank. You just want to slowly unscrew it so it depresurizes with the tank still threaded on. Then finish removing it. The main concern being damaging the threads by popping it off too quickly.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:39 PM #6
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
with no on off the pressure will make it hard to unscrew. if the gun fires, as you turn it out take a couple of shots and see if it degasses. At a certain point the tank will still seal on the asa but the pin is no pressed. if u take a few shots then, it wont be pressurized anymore and will be easy to turn. if it does not shoot, turn it out slowly so that when you do back it out far enough for air to escape out the asa it does not push the tank off the threads. but rather just lets the air out. basically, dont unscrew it fast an you will be fine, if u unscrew it real slow and start hear hissiing stop and let it sit. it may save your tank o ring since they can get ripped when degassing too quickly

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 PM #7
lakemuska

I would use a remote coil with a slide check, no risk to your tank at all
lakemuska is offline   Reply With Quote