Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-27-2003, 03:00 PM #22
420HAHA
I am GOD

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Ballin' Paint
Anti-flag is anti capitalism and anti-american. Read about them, your the dumb *** if you think they arent.
oh shut the **** up you bible banger and go listen to your country music

you have no ****ing clue of what you are talking about
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2003, 03:25 PM #23
a5 guy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 420HAHA
oh shut the **** up you bible banger and go listen to your country music

you have no ****ing clue of what you are talking about
he cant listen to his country music. his trailer got blowed away by that dang ternader.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:56 PM #24
heyheyheyfrompbr
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by a5 guy
he cant listen to his country music. his trailer got blowed away by that dang ternader.

ROFLMAO

ballin' paint....... 1 word

****tard
Old 09-27-2003, 07:49 PM #25
Ballin' Paint
James

I listen to some country, but mostly punk and rock. How old are you guys? 14? 15? Where do you get your money? Your mom and dad? Chances are I make twice as much money as you, and am twice as smart as you little pricks will ever be. Go back to middle school.
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 09-28-2003, 07:59 PM #26
RedHunter
P-I-M-P

Quote:
Originally posted by heyheyheyfrompbr
ROFLMAO

ballin' paint....... 1 word

****tard

You have barney in your avatar....
Old 09-28-2003, 10:08 PM #27
Piranha bill
..make this dream real..

Who cares how much money you make? If you don't listen to the band, then I don't care what your opion is on them.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:05 AM #28
hermbros
yup

hermbros is a founding member
music

doug e fresh > anti-flag
Old 09-30-2003, 01:44 AM #29
Carnifex

Quote:
Originally posted by Ballin' Paint
I listen to some country, but mostly punk and rock. How old are you guys? 14? 15? Where do you get your money? Your mom and dad? Chances are I make twice as much money as you, and am twice as smart as you little pricks will ever be. Go back to middle school.
Says the man who is part of a political party!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:41 AM #30
Team_Arsenal
Captain America

Quote:
Originally posted by a5 guy
lol that was slick
*Throws stapler* "
"Originally posted by i h8 hippies
everyone was trying to imitate the stomping"
Old 09-30-2003, 12:47 PM #31
jakesak
**** Magic

jakesak is playing at Living Legends VII
jakesak is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jakesak plays in the APPA D4 division
Taken straight from their website:

Unfortunately for us, we still didn't have a name! While Pat and I had already used the name Anti-Flag years earlier in our other band we had been kicking around the idea of using it again. Why? Well, it was like this... the name was originally inspired as a result of the late 80's Pittsburgh scene being infiltrated by a bunch of *** holes who toted the slogan, "Freedom not fascism". Well, that would've been great if these jerks practiced what they preached, but unfortunately, their idea of punk rock was VERY fascist! They took to sporting the American flag on their jackets, saying the pledge of allegiance to the flag, and (like the bunch of goons they were) beating the **** out of each other and anyone who got in the way. (basically they were just macho jock types who happened to have gotten into punk) At shows I would see these ****ers sporting their flags singing along to the Sub Humans, Exploited, Circle Jerks, whoever happened to be on tour, and I would wonder why? Weren't these bands completely speaking out against everything these "punx" believed in? It seemed to me that these kids were really missing the point to it all. They needed to look "fascism" up in the dictionary so they could learn that fascism controls the masses by 1. Promoting extreme nationalism, and 2. Using systematic violence and terror. (To these kids credit they were against racism but they failed to realize that you can be anti racist and still be a fascist!)

With that in mind, even though we had already used the name Anti-Flag we felt like it was a name that could still say a lot about the current state of the punk rock community and the world as a whole. Our thinking was that people wouldn't so easily be able to treat our band as entertainment, but instead it would be a vehicle that would force them to think. THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH US! We just wanted to make a point that we weren't there ONLY to entertain, we had something to say, there was a fundamental belief behind the band. So, the night of our show at WRCT we walked through the doors as Anti-Flag. (****in' right!) Why did we put the hyphen in the middle of "anti" and "flag"? I'd like to be able to tell you that it's a symbol of defiance, we were snubbing the use of proper English to show our hatred for modern society, etc., etc... Unfortunately, the truth is, we were all just too dumb to know the correct use of a hyphen.
...I'm here for a good time.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:39 PM #32
slimjim1111
im really really fat

Quote:
Originally posted by jakesak
Taken straight from their website:

Unfortunately for us, we still didn't have a name! While Pat and I had already used the name Anti-Flag years earlier in our other band we had been kicking around the idea of using it again. Why? Well, it was like this... the name was originally inspired as a result of the late 80's Pittsburgh scene being infiltrated by a bunch of *** holes who toted the slogan, "Freedom not fascism". Well, that would've been great if these jerks practiced what they preached, but unfortunately, their idea of punk rock was VERY fascist! They took to sporting the American flag on their jackets, saying the pledge of allegiance to the flag, and (like the bunch of goons they were) beating the **** out of each other and anyone who got in the way. (basically they were just macho jock types who happened to have gotten into punk) At shows I would see these ****ers sporting their flags singing along to the Sub Humans, Exploited, Circle Jerks, whoever happened to be on tour, and I would wonder why? Weren't these bands completely speaking out against everything these "punx" believed in? It seemed to me that these kids were really missing the point to it all. They needed to look "fascism" up in the dictionary so they could learn that fascism controls the masses by 1. Promoting extreme nationalism, and 2. Using systematic violence and terror. (To these kids credit they were against racism but they failed to realize that you can be anti racist and still be a fascist!)

With that in mind, even though we had already used the name Anti-Flag we felt like it was a name that could still say a lot about the current state of the punk rock community and the world as a whole. Our thinking was that people wouldn't so easily be able to treat our band as entertainment, but instead it would be a vehicle that would force them to think. THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO AGREE WITH US! We just wanted to make a point that we weren't there ONLY to entertain, we had something to say, there was a fundamental belief behind the band. So, the night of our show at WRCT we walked through the doors as Anti-Flag. (****in' right!) Why did we put the hyphen in the middle of "anti" and "flag"? I'd like to be able to tell you that it's a symbol of defiance, we were snubbing the use of proper English to show our hatred for modern society, etc., etc... Unfortunately, the truth is, we were all just too dumb to know the correct use of a hyphen.

1 jake 0 stupid hick