PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 AM #1
D-Rock_32

D-Rock_32 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ion cleaning?

I haven't played paintball for 6 years and when I did I had a Spyder E-99 that I cleaned and lubed with ATF after every weekend of play... I just got back into it and got a Ion... I heard they are hard to clean/take care of but I have taken my marker apart twice and it didnt seem that bad... I am wondering when should take it apart and clean the bolt, etc... Every time after a weekend of play? Every 2 cases? Thanks

P.S. I know not to clean my ION with ATF... I have Shocker lube
D-Rock_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 AM #2
biggm28
It's Big M

biggm28 is a Paintball photographer
biggm28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
biggm28 is Legendary
biggm28 is Boss
for the best results clean the bolt,can and eyes after every use. this will help with bolt stick. and yes, use a dow 33 (sl33k).
biggm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 AM #3
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
When I had my Ion, my local shop owner told me to lube every 3 or 4 times I go paintballing, or if you look into the breach and see that it is dirty. If it is then lube it.

[Captain Oring]

nealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 AM #4
Bazr57
13@7j3\/\/

Bazr57 helped look for balloons
Bazr57 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bazr57 supports Team VICIOUS
wrong forum. go to smartparts forum, ion subforum and there should be a sticky on it

your best friend

ST: FSU
blue threadlocker tastes funny
my roommate has dick ants

770link770 needs to bring me a McGangBang at work, or this will remain in my sig.

Last edited by Bazr57 : 08-03-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Bazr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:47 PM #5
D-Rock_32

D-Rock_32 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thanks... I will clean it after every weekend...
D-Rock_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:18 PM #6
Nick Collins
FFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Nick Collins is playing at Living Legends III
Nick Collins owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Nick Collins supports Team VICIOUS
I wouldnt bother to clean it every weekend. The ion is an entry level speedball gun and generally entray level guns dont need to be cleaned after every use. I had 2 ions and both for over 6 months and in those 6 months I think I may have lubed/cleaned it 2 or 3 times only. As I said before, its an entry level gun made for people who are new to the game or just speedball in general so chences are someone who is new wont know how to clean/lube a gun. Hope this answers your question.
"Originally posted by The_Hawk: Bro, you're so ****ing hard that I can't even tell you how ****ing hard you are because I'll never be ****ing hard enough to even make sense to you on your level of being so ****ing hard."
Nick Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:53 PM #7
andy_a7x

its best to clean after every use, and relube o rings after every use as well
andy_a7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:05 AM #8
jasonexcal
CCM=QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Collins View Post
I wouldnt bother to clean it every weekend. The ion is an entry level speedball gun and generally entray level guns dont need to be cleaned after every use. I had 2 ions and both for over 6 months and in those 6 months I think I may have lubed/cleaned it 2 or 3 times only. As I said before, its an entry level gun made for people who are new to the game or just speedball in general so chences are someone who is new wont know how to clean/lube a gun. Hope this answers your question.
so since it is an entry level gun i should not be cleaned that often. that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard your a ******* entry level guns need to be cleaned just as often as high end guns do not listen to this *******.
jasonexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 PM #9
SteveO83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Collins View Post
did anyone else see this ROTFLMAO-sarus Rex? I've had 3 ions, lubed em all the night before or the morning I play and cleaned sometimes relubed after the day was done. but I've done that with all my markers from my first spyder to my newest droid. That may be excessive, but I just like taking care of my paintball equip even if its more attention then they need.

BAM BAM #83
SteveO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:13 AM #10
Anthrax85
They call me Stretch

Clean it as much as you like, just dont use TOO much lube. a thin coat on the orings is just enough. Oh and clean it before every use. Dust, dirt and grime get's stuck to the lube (and thus the o-ring) and will tear it up eventually. Just clean and lube the o-rings before every use and you will probly get years of use on your o-rings. There are plenty of people here that have their stock o-rings and have had there guns for 3 - 4 years, and they lube them before they go ballin. Read your manual.

ASE certified auto technician. Honda motorcycle certified. Ford certified. Currently a custom motorcycle tech.
Anthrax85 is offline   Reply With Quote